• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Before this game, I tried sphering Austria directly and then fire the Three Hurrah which formed Kleindeutschland.
From reading around, my understanding is that Austria must lose all non-core territories in order to join you in Greater Germany.
I am trying to test that theory, except that I dont know which one is Austria core and which one is not.

Last edited:
Before this game, I tries sphering Austria directly and then fire the Three Hurrah which formed Kleindeutschland.
From reading around, my understanding is that Austria must lose all non-core territories in order to join you in Greater Germany.
I am trying to test that theory, except that I dont know which one is Austria core and which one is not.

Every province Austria starts with is an Austrian core. But my understanding was that Hungary needed to exist, at least for the event in vanilla V2.

Every province Austria starts with is an Austrian core. But my understanding was that Hungary needed to exist, at least for the event in vanilla V2.

In Vanilla Vicky 2 Hungary doesn't need to exist. I formed Greater Germany yesterday and I "just" sphered Austria and they became part of Germany with the "three hurras" as Luxembourg does

In Vanilla Vicky 2 Hungary doesn't need to exist. I formed Greater Germany yesterday and I "just" sphered Austria and they became part of Germany with the "three hurras" as Luxembourg does

Hungary doesn't need to exist for the Three Hurrahs to incorporate Austria (I've done the same as you), but it does if Austria or A-H are sphered by an already-formed Germany and apply to join.

My question is, If me and a friend download the exact same mods, can we still play multiplayer? The mod in question is New Nations Mod(AHD) in case your wondering.

You should be able to, as long as you have the same checksum.

I got a few ones:

How many events like the civil war are coded to happen? I assume WW1 is but how reliable is it? The CSA sometimes appears in th 1850s.

How do I get more stuff? I have loads of artillary units waiting to be made but they are all waiting for liquer. I have tried building more factories but to no avail.

How do I get more capitalists? I am the ottoman Empire but I rarely ever get factories built for me.

How to get CBs? I sometimes get some random ones but other than that :confused:

I got a few ones:

How many events like the civil war are coded to happen? I assume WW1 is but how reliable is it? The CSA sometimes appears in th 1850s.

How do I get more stuff? I have loads of artillary units waiting to be made but they are all waiting for liquer. I have tried building more factories but to no avail.

How do I get more capitalists? I am the ottoman Empire but I rarely ever get factories built for me.

How to get CBs? I sometimes get some random ones but other than that :confused:

1. I don't know, but the Great War is not coded.
2. I know that feel bro, no idea
3. You can use the capitalists national focus, but I've never played as the Ottoman Empire, so I don't know if I misunderstood something.
4. If you have AHD, you can "create" CBs, but in Vanilla the only way to get a CB is by event.

The 1848 liberal revolutions event series. You'll see it the first 10 years of the game if you play a power with decent starting literacy. There are several flavor events for particular countries and anyone can get Nobel Prizes and Olympics happen towards the end of the game. King Tut's tomb is waiting for someone to discover it.

Build even more factories and get craftsmen working in them. Put up taxes so your POPs can't afford liquor. Put trade to manual and order 2000 to drive the price up so that more people make it and less people drink it.

You only need one capitalist. You need profitable factories (so the capitalist is rich) and full factories (so that there will be workers for the new factory when it is built) for the capitalist to build factories. The only time you need to force promote capitalists is to get your first factory as a democracy stuck with a party that won't allow you to build them.

Research N&I, put a jingo party in power and drive down relations with every neighbour that you would like to get a CB on to increase the frequency of CB events.

also, do everything you can to stay a great power. id turkey falls to a secondary power, it'll end up in someone's SOI. then you won't be able to get much as your sphere leader will have dibs on the liquer you produce.

Can you install AHD over a Victoria II with the January 1.4 beta patch? On the topic of the 1.4 patch, did it solve the crazy immigration and assimilation issues of the previous versions?

Also, are there any plans for a price drop/sale on AHD in the future? I'm just coming back to Vic2 after a long hiatus and the expansion looks really interesting, but I unfortunately am running a rather tight budget right now.

Last edited:
Can you install AHD over a Victoria II with the January 1.4 beta patch? On the topic of the 1.4 patch, did it solve the crazy immigration and assimilation issues of the previous versions?

Also, are there any plans for a price drop/sale on AHD in the future? I'm just coming back to Vic2 after a long hiatus and the expansion looks really interesting, but I unfortunately am running a rather tight budget right now.
Yes, you can install AHD over any patch.

I'm sure AHD will be on sale in the future, but businesses never tells you when a sale will ahead of time.:p

Recommendations for countries? I want something out of Europe where I can expand in many directions. I also want a capitalist, any ideas?

Recommendations for countries? I want something out of Europe where I can expand in many directions. I also want a capitalist, any ideas?

Try Japan. You can colonise SE Asia with a bit of conquest, or try to take Sakhalin from the Russians when they inevitably colonise it before you do.

so i've been playing V2 for about a month now, first game playing as USA, and i'm figuring things out basically as I go. it's about 1900 and a bunch of anarcho-liberal rebels popped up and since all my units are engaged in a huge war with canada, i decided to let the rebs run amok and see what happens. they've taken control of a bunch of large population centers including my capital, which i assumed would fire some kind of government change event and create a, i don't know, presidential dictatorship USA or something. but alas, that has not happened.

i guess my question is, what will these rebels actually do if i let them slowly take over the US? and how do i change my government via rebellion? and how exactly does a rebellion turn into a revolution? the manual isn't super clear on any of this.

so i've been playing V2 for about a month now, first game playing as USA, and i'm figuring things out basically as I go. it's about 1900 and a bunch of anarcho-liberal rebels popped up and since all my units are engaged in a huge war with canada, i decided to let the rebs run amok and see what happens. they've taken control of a bunch of large population centers including my capital, which i assumed would fire some kind of government change event and create a, i don't know, presidential dictatorship USA or something. but alas, that has not happened.

i guess my question is, what will these rebels actually do if i let them slowly take over the US? and how do i change my government via rebellion? and how exactly does a rebellion turn into a revolution? the manual isn't super clear on any of this.

Rebels will change your government type (in this case, to a bourgeois dictatorship) once they have held the capital for one year.