• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've looked in the folder and it seems that unemployment may help migration. Could I overproduce beaus on the mainland to have then go there? (Playing as Italy and trying to make Java a state)

This ought to be possible, but isn't.

i) bureaucrats can't be unemployed
ii) bureaucrats demote on migration (and generally this will result in them reverse assimilating too, so an Italian bureaucrat turns in a Javan farmer on arrival)
iii) significant unemployment provides a modest incentive to emigration, but modest unemployment completely kills immigration

Java is difficult anyway, the last time I turned any significant numbers of colonies into states was 1.2 and it may be impossible with a later patch than that.

Just installed the 2.3 patch.
Was given Prussia another try out.

So after dealing with Austria, I had positioned my army strategically at the left bank, waiting for the French to come at me.
After declaring war and waiting for one whole month, the French never come!
They didn't even move their armies to guard the border, just standing where they were, all over French proper.

I could have blitz them by making a dash for Paris, were they not already at war with the Brit & Holland (so typical of them), and so already mobilized and at full org. So I just moved in and occupied provinces after provinces with my 5 brigades armies, somehow maintaining a front line, and eventually claimed A-L after getting 11% war score by occupation alone, without firing even a single shot.

I don't understand the behavior of AI French anymore???
In a way, they are smarter now, not falling into the death trap set up at Saarbrucken. But in another way, I just don't understand why didn't they move their armies to guard empty front line provinces? And why didn't they come at me where I only have 5 brigades occupation force when they have 20 brigades in an army???

Is this typical AI behaviour in 2.3? The AI Austrian was behaving as per usual before that. Also, what do you guys usually do when playing as Prusia? Because AI French seems like always warring with UK and Holland the moment you want to take A-L?

Where do you see your infamy?

Is there any way to get more soldiers? I think I'm quite rich and I need more soldiers but all my province army things have been used?

Thanks!

Oh, another one: What do engineers do?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Where do you see your infamy?

Is there any way to get more soldiers? I think I'm quite rich and I need more soldiers but all my province army things have been used?

Thanks!

Oh, another one: What do engineers do?

Thanks!

1.In the vanilla, click on your flag and you'll see it just as you see another countries' infamy. In AHD I think (I'm not sure) it also appears in one of the upper side of the screen tabs.
2.There are a lot of ways, but the most usually and simple one is to use the soldiers NF
3.I guess they increase some kind of units' skills, but I'm not sure.

1.In the vanilla, click on your flag and you'll see it just as you see another countries' infamy. In AHD I think (I'm not sure) it also appears in one of the upper side of the screen tabs.
2.There are a lot of ways, but the most usually and simple one is to use the soldiers NF
3.I guess they increase some kind of units' skills, but I'm not sure.

Engineers have an attack bonus against forts.

Edit: Does their attack bonus apply to all your units in the battle or just the engineer units?

Some newbie questions:

What is the best way to get a minority in ur accepted culture? Other than gettin Full citizenship, i dunno how i can get North, South Germans and Ukrainians (all of whom make up like 50 percent of my pop) to be accepted or primary culture.
What do "Economic Thought and Critique" and "Organization" tech of the commerce tech tree do exactly? Factory input and output throughout thingy? Can some1 explain the effects of these to me in more detail?

Some newbie questions:

What is the best way to get a minority in ur accepted culture? Other than gettin Full citizenship, i dunno how i can get North, South Germans and Ukrainians (all of whom make up like 50 percent of my pop) to be accepted or primary culture.
What do "Economic Thought and Critique" and "Organization" tech of the commerce tech tree do exactly? Factory input and output throughout thingy? Can some1 explain the effects of these to me in more detail?

It depends on what country you are playing. Current game mechanics only allow for new accepted cultures to be added by an event or decision, and there are only some such events and decisions. USA, for instance, adds African Americans as an accepted culture when the decision for the Emancipation Proclamation is fired. You'll have to make your own events and decisions to add an accepted culture to your nation. Just use the ACW decisions text file as an example.

It depends on what country you are playing. Current game mechanics only allow for new accepted cultures to be added by an event or decision, and there are only some such events and decisions. USA, for instance, adds African Americans as an accepted culture when the decision for the Emancipation Proclamation is fired. You'll have to make your own events and decisions to add an accepted culture to your nation. Just use the ACW decisions text file as an example.

Basically, he is saying you can modify the game files yourself, the game doesn't really add cultures unless by event .... :)

How do you CBs? I am playing a s Prussia.

How do you CBs? I am playing a s Prussia.

If you're playing vanilla, by and large you don't; you just attack without one with an infamy penalty. You get special CBs on France for holding a part of Germany and Austria for being a rival German power.

For AHD, you have to do a "war justification", which takes time, and you may get an infamy penalty if you are discovered doing so. At the end, you gain a CB.

Also how do youy get countries into your SOI? Does it need alliances and relations or war?

Also how do youy get countries into your SOI? Does it need alliances and relations or war?

Use the influence priority boxes to gain influence in a country, then use the "improve opinion" when you have fifty to improve their opinion of you from neutral to cordial. Fifty more points get you to friendly, and a hundred more on friendly and you can use the add to sphere diplomatic option. All this time, though, the AI will be using discredit (spend twenty-five to decrease the rate of another GP's gain of influence points), ban embassy (spend sixty-five to stop another GP gaining influence points for a year, and destroys any they currently have) and reduce opinion (spend fifty to drop the target country's opinion of another GP a level, eg. cordial to neutral). There's a lot of wrangling, but in the vanilla game it's quite tedious, and I believe it was improved upon in AHD.

Hi,
In 2.3 beta patch, when war leader changes in the middle of the war with an added war goal of "status quo" on the other side, can I still negotiate separate peace with each countries after I fully occupied their country? Previously in 2.2 it was ok.

I am currently in the middle of a 7 nations war with pretty much whole of Europe. It is still in progress, but when I check on the diplo screen, it seems like I can only negotiate peace term with war leader? Care to share your experience under 2.3?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75705911@N04/7093026521/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Hi,
In 2.3 beta patch, when war leader changes in the middle of the war with an added war goal of "status quo" on the other side, can I still negotiate separate peace with each countries after I fully occupied their country? Previously in 2.2 it was ok.

I am currently in the middle of a 7 nations war with pretty much whole of Europe. It is still in progress, but when I check on the diplo screen, it seems like I can only negotiate peace term with war leader? Care to share your experience under 2.3?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75705911@N04/7093026521/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Earlier, when you do a separate peace, the "status quo" wargoal changed to a "free people" one, which made sense(but was only limited to 1 state, I think).

Does it say the reason why you can't negotiate when you hover over "propose peace"?