• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do i get wine and liquor without a factory for it? been waiting 6 months and not got any, right now it feels like this is making the game unplayable for me.

Currently I own 3 provinces, and can recruit 3 brigades, but is there a way to increase this ? Maybe a technology or something ?
The number you can recruit depends on the soldier pop.

You can increase the soldier pop by increasing military spending (to pay soldiers/officers), lowering poor taxes, and the National Focus to Encourage Soldiers.

------

I have a really important question which has been ruining many of my games. In my games there are plenty of farmers but most of them are unemployed. An iron RGO has 90% unemployment. The RGO will hire a few and fire them off after a bit. The same thing for a fish RGO, has 70% unemployment. Eventually my population starts emigrating en-masse to the United States.

How can I fix this problem and get my population employed?? Do I need more aristocrats to hire more workers??

I THINK it depends on the demand of the product. If wheat is in high demand, the farmers get more income, same goes for iron. If there isn't enough worldwide demand, you can try building a factory that has that specific good as input ( liquor factory with wheat - steel factory with iron ) so the farmers have an extra source to ship their wheat to.

I had another question. I'm in Austrias Sphere of Influence, and so are some other Italian minors. Is there ANY way for me to kick the other Italian minors out of Austrias sphere ? or make austria kick the italian minor out ?

Last edited:
The number you can recruit depends on the soldier pop.

You can increase the soldier pop by increasing military spending (to pay soldiers/officers), lowering poor taxes, and the National Focus to Encourage Soldiers.

------

I have a really important question which has been ruining many of my games. In my games there are plenty of farmers but most of them are unemployed. An iron RGO has 90% unemployment. The RGO will hire a few and fire them off after a bit. The same thing for a fish RGO, has 70% unemployment. Eventually my population starts emigrating en-masse to the United States.

How can I fix this problem and get my population employed?? Do I need more aristocrats to hire more workers??

You can go to war and use that as one of your wargoals but probably suffer an Infamy hit.. or if you're a Great Power you can put influence points into those nations and remove them from Austria's sphere.

I have another question about government reforms. There are reforms available to enact but they have something like 55% support (liberals 55% yes, conservatives 43% no, reactionary 2% no). So if I enact this reform, will it increase the MIL of conservatives and reactionaries??

This game has a large amount of factors that affect a whole bunch of stuff but it's hard to find out about these things w/o more detailed tool-tip or guides.

How do i get wine and liquor without a factory for it? been waiting 6 months and not got any, right now it feels like this is making the game unplayable for me.

Some manufactured items are almost always in short supply, so you should build factories for them if you're going to need them for whatever reason. If you can't build and staff the appropriate types of factories, then just accept that you'll have a lot of trouble building certain units/buildings. You can get lucky and be supplied with these items from being In Sphere of a Great Power country that produces them, or having Artisans who produce that item, but both of these you have pretty much no control over AFAIK.

postm00v is correct. An RGO will continuously hire and retain its workers if it can turn a profit. In addition to the method he stated, you can help an RGO make money by researching techs that improve productivity in either all or that specific type of RGO, or improving the infrastructure (railroads) in the province in question. Farmers/Labourers will still end up getting laid off, just not the ones in your country. :)

If you're still stuck with a lot of unemployed civs, make the best of it by using a National Focus to encourage a pop type you want and that the civs can promote/demote to. If your unemployed civs can find a new job, they're less like to leave for another country, and you end up with more of a pop type you want.

Reactions:
Hey guys. I'm having trouble finding a good tech path to go with. Victoria simulates arguably the time of the most radical change on human society, and thus the technologies that house the capability for that change, each do substantial things to your nation from what I can see and my limited experience.

My rambling aside, all I'm saying is that they all seem very good, and while the choice of what to research is largely dictate by circumstance and situation, are there any particular branches that should be ignored until later on in the game? Are there any surefire ones to take advantage of quickly?

I usually go for railway development first, but that might not be a good idea until I have a thriving population of craftsmen to keep my factories self sufficient before I try to improve on that.

Thanks!

Hey guys. I'm having trouble finding a good tech path to go with. Victoria simulates arguably the time of the most radical change on human society, and thus the technologies that house the capability for that change, each do substantial things to your nation from what I can see and my limited experience.

My rambling aside, all I'm saying is that they all seem very good, and while the choice of what to research is largely dictate by circumstance and situation, are there any particular branches that should be ignored until later on in the game? Are there any surefire ones to take advantage of quickly?

I usually go for railway development first, but that might not be a good idea until I have a thriving population of craftsmen to keep my factories self sufficient before I try to improve on that.

Thanks!

Without knowing which country you are and what tech school you're in, I'll give you some general advice :)

The Industrial side is probably, overall, the most important. Commerce's value is debatable (except for Freedom of Trade, but you probably already have that). Army techs and navy techs are self-explanatory; the good thing about a big navy is that, unlike armies, the supply consumption costs don't scale up with new tech. Medicine, Machine Guns, and Nationalism and Imperialism are all critical for colonizers.

A little more guidance and I (and others) can give you better specific suggestions.

Good luck!

You can go to war and use that as one of your wargoals but probably suffer an Infamy hit.. or if you're a Great Power you can put influence points into those nations and remove them from Austria's sphere.

I can't declare war on Austria because it's the sphere leader. I am Lucca, and I want to declare war on Parma and Tuscany, but both are in Austrias sphere. How do I pull this off ?

A lot of them are quite self-explanatory, or become so with a few plays. The middle column of industry is not very useful if you don't produce iron or coal, but getting Cheap Steel (4th down the list I believe) helps you get better navies faster (ironclad, monitor, dreadnought, etc.)

Focusing on railroads is not a great idea, in my experience. What I do, and this may not be ideal either, for all I know, is build them up a bit slower, it seems to be to be a less valuable upgrade compared to some others. Of course, railroads do improve efficiency of factories and RGOs, and the speed of your troops when you need to move them around, but more important is having a strong economy and industry to get the most benefit from these railroads.

Medicine is super-important for any nation, as it has a few inventions which give a bonus to population growth, and population growth will always lead to better economy (as farms fill up more folks want to become craftsmen, as factories fill up capitalists or the government can build more and better factories, and have them fill up faster, a sort of snow ball effect which will lead to a high industry score). The very-left column of industry is also quite valuable, despite not having any inventions, as it gives bonuses to farms and mines efficiency, while reducing their size (more grain for less farmers = more soldiers/factory workers for no loss).

In certain games beelining prestige techs (romanticism, etc.) can be a major help for westernizing, getting necessary goods (I'm looking at you liquor and wine), or temporarily pushing you to Great Power status.

Interesting. See, developing RGO efficiency early (or at least, I would assume so), seems peculiar to me prior to getting it near maximum occupancy.

Does higher efficiency make becoming an RGO worker more attractive?