• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do your POPs (or the government) get any cash from investing in a foreign country? Obviously, it's more for political influence and sphere control, but that would be a nice little feature if it didn't already exist.

You dont get money, but you get more of the internal market of the country you invested in go into the common market.
Its an easy way to get some ind score too.

Is there a way for a non-monarchy to become a monarchy?

I went through the CleanUp.txt, and there didn't seem to be an event for it

Is there a way for a non-monarchy to become a monarchy?

I went through the CleanUp.txt, and there didn't seem to be an event for it

Depends on what you mean; Absolute Monarchies, Prussian Constitutionalism, and HM's Government are all a matter of political reform. (AM + any voting = PC; PC + non-secret ballots = HM). To get from any other kind of government, you need a revolution.

Because demand for their produce is met.

Increase demand for their produce. e.g. build winery and taxes low enough that people can buy wine. Don't expect big effects though, this is driven by global capacity rather than your own capacity. You need to demote them into craftsmen rather than get them back to work on the farm.

Unfortunately a lot of them are in colonial provinces so no alternative employment is available. If I start sphering some east Asians, none of whom produce wool, will they buy from me first?

If you aren't playing AHD. If you aren't playing AHD you can also use NFs to turn lots of them into soldiers. If you are playing AHD then sphering will likely make your problem even worse.

So, I've modified a few game files and was stupid enough to not do a backup, now I want to restore it to the original version, there is any way I can do it besides reinstalling the game?

Is there a reason why I can't create a new thread in this forum? Do you need a registered game in order to create a thread? I was contemplating buying the game and wanted opinions from the board...but I can't even ask the question. Sort of hurts Paradox's sales opportunity...or am I missing something?

About AHD - I've got Friesland and the Gederland regions taken from Netherlands as Belgium and they've got only one state left - Holland, yet in "justify war" section I see "Acquire state" CB being available, considering the fact that Holland is their capital region and can't be normally taken.

Does this mean that, if it's the last state (non-colony, Netherlands still has Indonesia & Guayana left), I can still request it in a war?