+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 299 FirstFirst ... 13 38 63 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 113 138 163 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 5975

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Ah, much thanks.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What does the social_reform_want command and political_reform_want command actually measured?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Do your POPs (or the government) get any cash from investing in a foreign country? Obviously, it's more for political influence and sphere control, but that would be a nice little feature if it didn't already exist.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Do you get the "Free Lombardia" CB against Austria just while playing as TS or it's also for SP? Because I cant'see it.
    Maybe it's because I'm not a GP? I'm playing 2.3beta.
    Bannerman for The Wheel of Time MOD

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Do your POPs (or the government) get any cash from investing in a foreign country? Obviously, it's more for political influence and sphere control, but that would be a nice little feature if it didn't already exist.
    You dont get money, but you get more of the internal market of the country you invested in go into the common market.
    Its an easy way to get some ind score too.

Ill Growl of Talking Polar Mongoose's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Do you lose anything by having other countries invest in you? Aside from them possibly building the wrong thing.
    ˇViva ArgentinAAR! - My Vicky 2 AAR (1836-1880)

Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Mongoose View Post
    Do you lose anything by having other countries invest in you? Aside from them possibly building the wrong thing.
    Nope.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Is there a way for a non-monarchy to become a monarchy?

I went through the CleanUp.txt, and there didn't seem to be an event for it
    It seems I've developed a habit of posting halfway through writing. Chances are I'll edit it shortly thereafter

Quote Originally Posted by ProneOyster View Post

Depends on what you mean; Absolute Monarchies, Prussian Constitutionalism, and HM's Government are all a matter of political reform. (AM + any voting = PC; PC + non-secret ballots = HM). To get from any other kind of government, you need a revolution.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Why are lots of my farmer pops unemployed despite their RGO not being full (mostly seems to be wool and fruit RGOs)? Is there anyting I can do to boost their employment?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Because demand for their produce is met.

Increase demand for their produce. e.g. build winery and taxes low enough that people can buy wine. Don't expect big effects though, this is driven by global capacity rather than your own capacity. You need to demote them into craftsmen rather than get them back to work on the farm.

Unfortunately a lot of them are in colonial provinces so no alternative employment is available. If I start sphering some east Asians, none of whom produce wool, will they buy from me first?

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Unfortunately a lot of them are in colonial provinces so no alternative employment is available. If I start sphering some east Asians, none of whom produce wool, will they buy from me first?
    As I understand spheres and the world market, that is the idea. There was a great discussion on this about 3-6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ProneOyster View Post

check common\rebel_types.txt
    you need two reactionary revolutions in a row (first one to presidential dictatorship, second to absolute monarchy). carlists in spain and boxers in china will do it, too.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2

If you aren't playing AHD. If you aren't playing AHD you can also use NFs to turn lots of them into soldiers. If you are playing AHD then sphering will likely make your problem even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    If you are playing AHD then sphering will likely make your problem even worse.
    I am. Sphering China doesn't seem to have made any difference though.

I am. Sphering China doesn't seem to have made any difference though.
    NF artisans is about the best you can do (but get clergy up to speed first if you haven't already) to create work in a colony.

So, I've modified a few game files and was stupid enough to not do a backup, now I want to restore it to the original version, there is any way I can do it besides reinstalling the game?

Hello, I play Eu3. I am about to buy Victoria 2, and I was wondering; Do I buy Victoria 2 and A house divided or I would just buy A house divided?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Is there a reason why I can't create a new thread in this forum? Do you need a registered game in order to create a thread? I was contemplating buying the game and wanted opinions from the board...but I can't even ask the question. Sort of hurts Paradox's sales opportunity...or am I missing something?
    Don't like portrait DLC faces but want the clothes and hairstyles? Try the Portrait Realignment Pack!
    Byzantium too big? Try the De Jure Tweaks mini-mod.
    Want some Steppe variety? Try the Manichaean Pechenegs mini-mod.
    Want some Highland flare? Try the Scottish Tartan Coat of Arms mod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 299 FirstFirst ... 13 38 63 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 113 138 163 188 ... LastLast