• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those are to distinguish it from other countries' states with the same name. So, if Wielkopolskie is divided between Poland and Russia, the Polish part will be "Polish Wielkopolskie" and the Russian "Russian Wielkopolskie".

There is no issue to fix. You have to come to terms with the fact that the game is not designed specifically for you. It has a historically-accurate setup, there is no reason at all that it should have yankee POPs in 1836 just because you wish to play a 100 year game with an ahistorical country from a date when it couldn't have existed in the sense you want to play it.

Actually, there is an issue to fix, which is that you can't get any members of your own culture if you don't have any already. Cherokee also has this problem, and it's even less reasonable. Regardless, if you're only intended to be able to play Deseret or California after a certain date, they should get cores added by event or decision (like, perhaps, the Manifest Destiny decision). Having a broken country is not sensible.

Religions have very little impact, is any.

The only little impact im aware of, is a pop cant assimilate before it converts to the right religion...thats it.
Party policy has strictly zero impact...its only one more factor to help influencing the election.

While religions wernt as important in this era than before, i still think there should be more...Even today, they play a bigger role than in Victoria.

Any other way in AHD to force GP to invest influence points into you besides getting border with another GP to force competition between them?

Got my first Zulu game half-ruined:
was waiting for UK to sphere me before westernizing, now its late 1870s(just sphered&westernized) and im in Middle of Scramble for Africa and still missing tech points for colonizing myself... although im about to get GP status seems like great hassle to fight 5 EU powers for few african colonies, so thinking about restart.. :(

If a factory is full of craftsmen and clerks appear in the state... The factory does fire craftsmen to hire the new clerks, because the factories do account the clerks/craftsmen optimal ratio and try to accomplish it?

But I made the entire state under Polish ownership. I know it should remove the country tags altogether, but I would rather the correct tags than incorrect ones.
I think the problem lies with states having their own data stored with the country, while ownership/cores/control is stored at the province level. I usually stay away from messing with civilized countries borders in the save game. Uncivs are fine, as they don't have states.

Changing war leader?

How do I change which country is the war leader in an alliance during a war? I realise that it cannot be done in game, but what about modding a save file?

Last edited:
How do I change which country is the war leader in an alliance during a war? I realise that it cannot be done in game, but what about modding a save file?

War leader is determined by military score, which is in turn determined by lots of stuff like Army/Navy size, mil tech, leaders, etc.
So no, no easy way to change war leader.

Best to play the game like it is designed to: WATCH who's allied with whom and DO your diplomacy ccordingly to avoid a need to cheat your way out of wars ;)

Currently I am editing a Save Game, and just gave the Polish some Russian provinces. How do I edit it in the Save that will quit making it show up as the provinces still being Russian?

I'm not saying that the provinces are controlled and owned by Russia, as I've got that much, but the state names still say "Russian Minsk", "Russian Weilkopolskie", etc.

You need to edit the state info which houses information on stuff like province construction/factories.

It looks like this:

Code:
state=
	{
  id=
  {
  	id=932
  	type=47
  }
  provinces=
  {
674 675 818  	}
  state_buildings=
  {
  	building="regular_clothes_factory"
  	level=1
  	stockpile=
  	{
    cement=0.00281
    fabric=0.09155
  	}
  	employment=
  	{
    state_province_id=674
  	}
  	money=938337.04376
  	last_spending=0.00000
  	last_income=38.87939
  	pops_paychecks=29.15955
  	last_investment=0.00000
  	unprofitable_days=0
  	days_without_input=11
  	leftover=0.00003
  	injected_money=0.00000
  	injected_days=0
  	produces=0.00650
  	profit_history_days=7
  	profit_history_current=2
  	profit_history_entry=
  	{
0.00970 0.00970 0.00970 0.00970 0.00970 0.00970 0.00970    }
  }
  savings=0.17105
  interest=0.00171
  popproject=
  {
  	input_goods=
  	{
    iron=65.03458
    cement=48.14655
    machine_parts=25.02197
  	}
  	money=0.00104
  	building=22
  	index=0
  	type=0
  	money2=yes
  	pop=0
  }
	}

You need to move that information for those states from Russia to Poland. Then it will show up properly in your pop screen and factory screen.

From the FAQ section: How to play the new countries.

Israel - Start as Egypt, do the decisions, and then release and play.
Byzantium - Conquer the old empire as Greece (or any greek primary culture state) and for it.
Babylon - Become a great power as Iraq, and then form Babylon.

From the FAQ section: How to play the new countries.

Israel - Start as Egypt, do the decisions, and then release and play.
Byzantium - Conquer the old empire as Greece (or any greek primary culture state) and for it.
Babylon - Become a great power as Iraq, and then form Babylon.

Israel might be created without playing as Egypt, i think. Playing as France or UK (i played France), if you get Balfour Declaration, the provinces in the region of Palestine get cores of Israel, then you select Egypt and release it.