• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There aren't events for them - they aren't scripted to happen every game - but they may well happen by themselves (except for taking Heligoland without war).

Why are capitalists so hard to please? It's 2 years into the game and the market still hasn't got the goods on that the capitalists want; cotton, fish, wool etc. I want my capitalists to get a start on my economy and industry but if they can't meet a single one of their basic needs I obviously can't. How is this fixed?

Why are capitalists so hard to please? It's 2 years into the game and the market still hasn't got the goods on that the capitalists want; cotton, fish, wool etc. I want my capitalists to get a start on my economy and industry but if they can't meet a single one of their basic needs I obviously can't. How is this fixed?

There's a few ways to deal with this situation (are you talking AHD or Vanilla?)

1. Find and conquer an area with the goods you're lacking.
2. Add such an area to your sphere.
3. Import subsidies (negative tariffs).
4. Techs to increase the efficiency of your RGOs.

If you're short on things cotton, wool, and fish, however, something weird is going on... which country are you playing as? Unless you're at the very bottom of the pecking order, these are all low cost goods that should be easy enough to track down.

I am Austria, with AHD. Fourth world power and many sphered countries. It really is quite bizarre as to why my capis aren't getting anything... I've even set the market to buy the commodities in bulk and allowed my pops to buy from my stockpile... still no luck.

I am Austria, with AHD. Fourth world power and many sphered countries. It really is quite bizarre as to why my capis aren't getting anything... I've even set the market to buy the commodities in bulk and allowed my pops to buy from my stockpile... still no luck.

You might want to post this in the bug forum, then.

Is steam Victoria 2 (+AHD) able to do multiplayer with non-steam? I'm assuming it is, but I haven't tried.

As long as the checksums are the same, yes.

Is there any way to create sub-states in AHD? Either via events or modding/CB's?

There's no way to make them in game; making them through modding might be possible, but I've no idea how.

Here is an image relating to the problem I posted about earlier... the items needed are highlighted in green (available?) but it says my capi's needs aren't being met. Although oddly, the luxury ones are.

EDIT: I would post a picture, but I can't upload one to imageshack and I am not allowed to create attachments. It's getting quite silly now.

Here is an image relating to the problem I posted about earlier... the items needed are highlighted in green (available?) but it says my capi's needs aren't being met. Although oddly, the luxury ones are.

EDIT: I would post a picture, but I can't upload one to imageshack and I am not allowed to create attachments. It's getting quite silly now.

Is it all capis or just a few? It could be that they just can't afford it because your taxes too high.

All capitalists. Taxes are at a minimum for the rich strata, I'm even subsidising imports by 10% so they can buy things that little easier.

I think it may be because there's very little industry in my country, so they aren't getting any money for themselves off the factories. But if this is the case, how else are the capitalists able to fund themselves to start an economy? None of them have any money in the bank, it all seems a little... odd.

All capitalists. Taxes are at a minimum for the rich strata, I'm even subsidising imports by 10% so they can buy things that little easier.

I think it may be because there's very little industry in my country, so they aren't getting any money for themselves off the factories. But if this is the case, how else are the capitalists able to fund themselves to start an economy? None of them have any money in the bank, it all seems a little... odd.

You might want to go L-F; since you said "Taxes at a minimum" and not "zero", I wonder if perhaps you're on something like State Capitalism, which includes a small penalty for building factories. L-F still has the nice flat bonus to all factory production. Other than, I'm lost at this point.

I'm playing a 1.4beta game as China and there's this gold event for the Caozhou province. When the event fires, the RGO sometimes lays off everyone working there, sometimes it keeps whoever is currently working there and sometimes it rapidly fills up to 3.24 million workers. Which makes a HUGE difference in income obviously. Problem is that I cannot reproduce the effect (even when trying "event 1100 1564" in console), maybe someone has an idea how it works?

Capitalists are very poor in early game as they are few in the country and they use all their money to build stuff + industries arent very profitable.

NF more capis in the states where you have industries (help the input) so, industries get more profitable.
The bigger number help too with investments are the more they are, the less each one have to pay, so they keep more money for themselves and future investments.
Try to switch to laisser faire as the +25% output help a lot + industry cost and maintenance are way cheaper, again, they can save more money.
Try to get some commerce/ind techs.
Be sure your industries are in sates with 100% adm eff.

They are different. Is there a way to make them the same? like running it as a non steam game from steam?

If you're using the same mods (or no mods), I don't think it should make a difference which distributor you have. Try clearing your map cache (and have your friend do the same); that should take care of most problems.

If you're using the same mods (or no mods), I don't think it should make a difference which distributor you have. Try clearing your map cache (and have your friend do the same); that should take care of most problems.
Thanks. It's working now :)