• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1.) What exactly is the benefit Military Hospital +1.0%.... and where can i see any of that info? I'm assuming it has something to do with attrition?

2.) any way to see how much my population is changing by everyday up at the top of the screen without going into the population menu? the number that they show up top is the number of immigrants and not actual population change. so it might say +4.2k but i actually lost 40 people net.

3.) anyway to delete a construction job after i started it? built a fort and it took 4 years to get all the supplies meanwhile i could have built a railroad instead with all the other provinces.

I'm on one of my first Vicky2 games, and playing a very successful (PDM) game with Finland, where I first managed to WITHOUT even getting to war, break away from the Russian sphere of influence and unite all of Scandinavia (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland), and in a couple of wars with Russia, add Karelia and Ingria. I've just won my latest war against Russia, and I asked for the "Contain" war goal, and I was unaware of the power of that war goal (only 4 warscore? too powerful me thinks for what it does). As a Great Power I was offered a lot of former Russian colonies (and due to a German-British war, also some British ones). However, I ended up with a lot of India with quintupled my population, lowered my literacy, etc: something I don't want as I'd managed to build myself quite a neat and civilised Empire in Scandinavia, all I wanted was a few islands here and there. I've released what I could as Satellites/Dominions, but some of them could not be.

My question: is there a way to sell/give provinces to other nations?

My question: is there a way to sell/give provinces to other nations?

Nope. Apart from savegame modding, and peace deals of course.

Is there a way to quickly find a resource on the map ? Maybe a ledger page ?

Sadly, not. I'd love that as well. YOu can view the economic map, and see directly what province produces what resource, but there is no easy way to search for all (pick a good) RGOs.

Dumb question. EU vet but new to Vicky.

Started a game as France on very easy difficulty so I could get the hang of the game. I got bored and DOW'd Austria. Now I checked beforehand the number of brigades Austria has, and they had around 60. As France, I had around 90 and mobilization probably doubled that or so (my memory about the exact numbers is off... point is, I had a much larger army than Austria)

I also had better allies with more troops help me out.

Anyway, question is: At the beginning of the war, I stomped all over Austria. I realized that attrition was killing my soldiers quicker than Austria was, so I spread out to stacks of 9 or so throughout Austria. What I don't get is that my army died off like instantly. A month or two after my initial victories, Austria was sending 50 man stacks all over whereas I could barely scrape together 30 stacks to hold them off.

So obviously, my army had a problem with just disappearing in the middle of the war. I don't think it was because of attrition, so what was it? I had the AI automanaging my trade, so was it possible I just ran out of supplies to fuel my army and they started dropping off?

This post was very long for a simple question. My apologies.

How do you become a great power? I'm playing as Denmark and ranked 8th, but the game says i'm a secondary power. When I resign it shows me in the great power rankings, but doesn't call me a great power, despite the fact i should be in there. It it a decision or am i just bugged?

How do you become a great power? I'm playing as Denmark and ranked 8th, but the game says i'm a secondary power. When I resign it shows me in the great power rankings, but doesn't call me a great power, despite the fact i should be in there. It it a decision or am i just bugged?

The ex Nr.8 has 180 days to go back to place 8 before his place is taken over.

Long time and no play brought maybe an attack of amnesia.

I started the game as Argentina with no voting rights and later changed them to landed only. Two years later I still have presidential dictatorship and no elections.

My guesses why this is would either be:
-upper house is appointed
-problem with VPPR mod
-something else

Can I get some clarification please?

Do resources change in game ? If not, I might make a list of what region produces what.

RGO do not normally change. There are some events that can change a RGO resource: to gold, to rubber and to oil when these come available. But these events only fire for a select few provinces in geographical "fitting" locations.

I think the V2 wiki has a list of provinces, with RGO production, but I'm not sure.

RGO do not normally change. There are some events that can change a RGO resource: to gold, to rubber and to oil when these come available. But these events only fire for a select few provinces in geographical "fitting" locations.

I think the V2 wiki has a list of provinces, with RGO production, but I'm not sure.

http://www.paradoxian.org/vicky2wiki/Provinces
Should be this link.

how does production work?

I'm playing as Japan and I'm exporting a lot of Glass which is in high demand. So just buy making more artisans and having enough coal on hand they'll start to produce more glass I can sell on the market?

How does Revanchism affect your country?

It makes your POPs more likely to be Jingoist for sure, and I think (can't confirm) increases MIL over time until you retake your cores. It's not really a bid deal.

how does production work?

I'm playing as Japan and I'm exporting a lot of Glass which is in high demand. So just buy making more artisans and having enough coal on hand they'll start to produce more glass I can sell on the market?

Each artisan can only produce so much, but yes, that's the general idea. Techs also improve production, but once you Westernize and can build factories you'll have a lot more say in the matter. Making more artisans doesn't guarantee more Glass; the Artisans choose what they make.

i am playing as Brasil in age of colonialism 3.2. year is 1861 but i have only 17 industrial points and a lot of 1 level factories, where work less than a thousand workers. only factories in Rio and Bahia provinces are exceptions. taxes are 90-90-20. i set national focus on different provinces but increase was too slow. how can i grow the percentage of workers? which conditions are best?