• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know, but when a country that has no real dominate culture that exists in the game, like the California republic, its just odd. It suddenly goes from being Mexican controlled to having yankee and dixie as the only acceptable pops when there are NONE in the nation, at all, cant even get them to emigrate there. I'm finding myself choosing the options that PO dominate culture just because there are none to get POed about it.

It would be like... lets say england forces Russia to release Poland, and Poland didn't allow for Polish to be a main culture

Just don't release it til it has some. Pretty simple.

AHD: What did I miss?

I consider myself a decent Victoria II player.
In Vanilla I industrialized the Ottoman Empire and brought Japan and the USCA into the ranks of a great power and could handel economic problems quite good.
I played two games with AHD now (one with Austria and one with USCA) and in both cases around the 1860s with round about 100-150 factories, my budget falls in a bottomless pit of red numbers my debts are sky rocking high.
My tariffs are at 0 and most of the factories doing fine, but i usally do not focus that much on the commerce technologies.
So, my guess is, that I do not understand the changes in the economic part, which come with AHD.
Do you have any tips how I can avoid this problem?
I just fell like the noob I was years back, when I played Vicky I :rolleyes:

A House devided "endless game" possible?

Hey Guys,

first, my english is not very good...I am sorry.

I am a huge "fan" of the american civil war and the wild west.
So, victoria 2 was'nt interesting for me..but now, with "a house devided" it is.
If I got it right, I will be able to select the civil war as a "starting point". Is that correct?
But after that I can just play 4 years???!?!
Or will I be able to play as long, as I want...?
I mean, will I be able to play the civil war for f.e. 20 years (if it will last that long)?

Thank you very much
Doc

Hey Guys,

first, my english is not very good...I am sorry.

I am a huge "fan" of the american civil war and the wild west.
So, victoria 2 was'nt interesting for me..but now, with "a house devided" it is.
If I got it right, I will be able to select the civil war as a "starting point". Is that correct?
But after that I can just play 4 years???!?!
Or will I be able to play as long, as I want...?
I mean, will I be able to play the civil war for f.e. 20 years (if it will last that long)?

Thank you very much
Doc
Yes, you can start from the outbreak of the civil war and you can play until 1936

Is there any easy way to edit the names of parties in AHD? What about the name of one's country?

1.) What are the benefits of acquiring colonies? As far as I am aware, I'm not able to press-gang the natives of the land into my factories and make them work, helping to bolster my industrialisation, even when I am a slave state. There is also the major hassle of attracting beuracrats to your colony to turn it into a state; so what are the positives?

2.) An extension of number 1; what exactly do slaves do? It appaers to me that they work in farmer and labourer areas in RGOs, but what separates them from their non-enslaved counterparts?

3.) How many factories is good to start off with? Should I be aiming to build an equal amount in all my states, or start in my most populous and work my way outwards?

4.) Finally, is it more important to get craftsman first the gain an early start on industrialising, or to get clergy to educate the populace first?

I hope someone could answer these questions for me.

1.) What are the benefits of acquiring colonies? As far as I am aware, I'm not able to press-gang the natives of the land into my factories and make them work, helping to bolster my industrialisation, even when I am a slave state. There is also the major hassle of attracting beuracrats to your colony to turn it into a state; so what are the positives?

You get prestige and soldiers.

2.) An extension of number 1; what exactly do slaves do? It appaers to me that they work in farmer and labourer areas in RGOs, but what separates them from their non-enslaved counterparts?

They have no needs and work less efficiently

I'm not experienced enough to answer the other 2.

I hope someone could answer these questions for me.

3) Myself, I tend to just make factories to keep my POPs employed, and I start where my nation has the critical resources, which also hopefully hyas a significant population. In early game, that tends to be COAL and IRON and LUMBER. So it's really weighted based on the nation and POP.

4) Clergy first, as education helps with research. However, it drives up CON as well. Be aware of that.

My Avg. CON is now at 10 for Serbia, and it's late 1890s. But I did everything I could have done, always selecting Militancy over CON when I got an Event choice.

So how else do you keep CON down? Beat it out of the POPs?

You get lots of clergy, tax them so they can't afford luxuries, and don't reform the press at all. Also you avoid going over 10 infamy. Take reforms from time to time to knock it back down, but keeping it down takes high clergy and enough taxes to stop luxury purchases.

Just don't release it til it has some. Pretty simple.

Ah, so in the case of nations like Deseret and California republic I'm suposto wait for mexico to fall out of power and the Us to decide to attack it and then decide it wants California and nevadah utah and the civil war to finish, before I get to start the game Iw ant to play? Yeah, thats alot simpler then fixing the issue.

I don't know why, but for some reason, since I bought AHD, my military score randomly drops. I started a game as (3rd best military at the start of the game), and when it loaded, I started with a military score with 4, at 37th place. This doesn't happen to any other nation, and it happens to me every time I start a game with AHD.
Since this wasn't answered (as far as I know), I thought I'd bump it with an example:

70B42222D630286AF7563F0762D778CD72A86302

In this picture, I've just started (haven't touched a single button other than clicking on the flag), yet I start out with -12 Mil score.

hi,
I game with Sweden and twice in different years (1850 and 1860 then the first) has reported the following problem that crashes the game: "The instruction at 0x00d4db84. The Memory Could not be written."
I have reinstalled the game a couple of times....

have you a solution?
thanks in advance

Look in the tech support subforum. Maybe it is a known problem. Otherwise ask there.

Is there a way to NOT call on your allies when someone declares war on you? Took Madagascar with Norway (I'm learning so I'm just trying out things) and Ottomans declared war on me to free them. Lost every single one of my allies as noone wanted to assist me.

Is there a way to NOT call on your allies when someone declares war on you? Took Madagascar with Norway (I'm learning so I'm just trying out things) and Ottomans declared war on me to free them. Lost every single one of my allies as noone wanted to assist me.

As far as I know, you can only choose not to call on your allies when you are the nation declaring war.

As far as I know, you can only choose not to call on your allies when you are the nation declaring war.
On that note, why do nations even ally you if they never have plans on assisting you in an offensive, or defensive war?
I know its because they want you to protect them. I ADORE it when a nation allies you, you get attack, they break the alliance, month later, war still going on, do you want to ally?

Ah, so in the case of nations like Deseret and California republic I'm suposto wait for mexico to fall out of power and the Us to decide to attack it and then decide it wants California and nevadah utah and the civil war to finish, before I get to start the game Iw ant to play? Yeah, thats alot simpler then fixing the issue.

There is no issue to fix. You have to come to terms with the fact that the game is not designed specifically for you. It has a historically-accurate setup, there is no reason at all that it should have yankee POPs in 1836 just because you wish to play a 100 year game with an ahistorical country from a date when it couldn't have existed in the sense you want to play it.