• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The AI will sit troops where they attrit and just keep sending new men in to replace them each month. Just because they are sitting there at full strength doesn't mean they aren't losing and reinforcing 10% each month. The AI will do that and will bleed out its soldier POPs like that. However, it takes a long time to bleed out Russia at 3k per month.

Is there any way, including modding the game, to get a more detailed 'stockpile' slider?

I am sick and tired of going bankrupt becuase I want to stockpile military stuff and the game goes 'OH, BUY EVERYTHING!' and I go bankrupt.

I don't know why, but for some reason, since I bought AHD, my military score randomly drops. I started a game as (3rd best military at the start of the game), and when it loaded, I started with a military score with 4, at 37th place. This doesn't happen to any other nation, and it happens to me every time I start a game with AHD.

go to the trade screen and manually set your sliders

So, you are telling me, that with a nation like the US, or France, with MASSIVE amounts of factories, you go through and see exactly how much each needs, and marks that down, and gets all the numbers for all your factories, and populations and then goes to the trade screen and sets it exactly so you wont go bankrupt without loosing your industry.

THEN

you go back and do it in 5 minutes because something changed in the world market?
Yeah, no, I didnt think so

or, hover over your NS see what is super expensive ie clippers/canned foods
go to trade screen where it tells you how much your pops, gov and industy need and set it to what you can afford.
or better yet dont build an army that is too expensive for you too buy

So, you are telling me, that with a nation like the US, or France, with MASSIVE amounts of factories, you go through and see exactly how much each needs, and marks that down, and gets all the numbers for all your factories, and populations and then goes to the trade screen and sets it exactly so you wont go bankrupt without loosing your industry.

THEN

you go back and do it in 5 minutes because something changed in the world market?
Yeah, no, I didnt think so

You don't need to go through the factory screen at all. The numbers you need are all on the trade screen.

Your other choices are 1) Don't order so much stuff built at the same time (too late this time, but what you should do in future)
2) Take the org hit associated with moving the stockpile slider
3) Go bankrupt (what the AI does)

Sort out your budget. (Specifics depend on country and version of the game)
Place your NFs.
Choose a tech to research.
Check relations with your neighbours. If they are below 50 and you don't want a war with them, push them up, and if they are above 40 and you do want a war with them push them down.
Unpause. Watch your budget carefully for the first month but don't panic if it swings red in the first couple of days as long as you are not in danger of running out of cash. Don't run out of cash. If you try to take an autoloan when no-one has money available to lend, you go bankrupt. Never take an autoloan, always take loans manually.

If you don't start with a high literacy, do something about it. Its extremely important and takes a long time to build up.
Become a Great Power as soon as possible.
Prestige gets you a high rank in the early decades, industry keeps you there in the middle decades, and military (dreadnoughts) gets you the top score at the end of the game.

I was playing a Sweden game, and even though I have enough tech for four NFs, I can only use 2. Is this a bug, or is there some kind of population limit on NFs?
I'm also new to the game, but it seems you are allowed to have one NF for each million of accepted culture populations you have. So it is limited by tech and population.

Question:

I want to increase the number of songs in the soundtrack by copying some more songs into the soundtrack folder, does the format of the songs have to be MP3 or are FLAC files do-able?

crash.....

hi,
I game with Sweden and twice in different years (1850 and 1860 then the first) has reported the following problem that crashes the game: "The instruction at 0x00d4db84. The Memory Could not be written."
I have reinstalled the game a couple of times....

have you a solution?
thanks in advance

Hei. Playing this game for the first time. Pretty much don't know what I'm doing, so got a bunch of questions.

I'm playing Norway and just went to war with Tunisia only to realize I can't raise any troops. a) What do I have to do get from 0 possible brigades? b) I called in my allies from Russia, and they accepted, will they actively go and fight in Tunisia for me?

c) My population is declining rapidly. what can I do to stop it?

Hei. Playing this game for the first time. Pretty much don't know what I'm doing, so got a bunch of questions.

I'm playing Norway and just went to war with Tunisia only to realize I can't raise any troops. a) What do I have to do get from 0 possible brigades?

NF a populous state encouraging soldiers. Also bump up your Military spending.

b) I called in my allies from Russia, and they accepted, will they actively go and fight in Tunisia for me?

Yup, they will and you're most likely no longer the war leader anyway, so you'd have to wait for them to negotiate the peace for you.

c) My population is declining rapidly. what can I do to stop it?

Define "rapidly." You should research Medicine as it will give you techs that increase your pop growth rate.

Thanks. What exactly is it that determines how many brigades your soldiers can support? I had about 4000 soldiers but couldn't support a single brigade, and after following your advice I quickly got 8000 and 3 possible brigades.

By techs do you mean those inventions? I started with about 305k "male adults" and that declined to 260k within the first 10 years, but I remembered I killed of a bunch of sick people at a point (20-30k probably) so the decline isn't as dramatic as I first thought, and it seems to have leveled out now.

Is there any way to mod your game so that freed states have a variable main and acceptable cultures?

For example, release Cali republic from Mexico at the start of the game, there are no Yankees or Dixies in the country at all. Suddenly there are 0 people in your nation that are accepted, just mexicans and native american minors. Would be nice if the dominant (not accepted) for nations would atleast be accepted, if not main.