• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question: I'm playing as the USA. I'm filthy rich, everybody has a job, but I'm still generating anarchists who are looking for social reforms.

I agree with the social reforms, but I've no way of introducing them, as with the USA, they are locked out??

Should I let the anarchists win when they revolt (withdraw my armies?).. just so I can get the change in government type?

I'm playing vanilla Vicky2, but I have AHD installed. This is my first game in ages, so I'm just getting back into the groove.

Since when I got that temp ban it put me on 'probation' meaning I cant start threads or do anything else of the sort I'm severly limited so Ill ask here.

My game is bucking up baddly. Ill play for a few seconds then Ill get a error of the type I cant remember (ill get a SS next time) and my game crashes. I never had this issue before

3 from me

1. what effect does unit experience actually haven the game?
2. if I'm part way through building ship or brigade and cancel it are the materials returned to my stockpile or lost
3. when I delete a unit are the 3000 pops returned to the region they came from or are they lost

BEN, I dunno about the pop, but the manpower is completely returned, and if they were militia (IE mobilized) then you get it back.

I have my own question. The new 'School Reforms' does that make clergy work better or does it help educate on it's own?

Questions:
(1) How to increase assimilation rate? (except for citizenship reforms)
(2) How to get main culture bureaucrats into the colonies so I can turn them into states? Should I encourage bureaucrats as an NF?

is there a way to build buildings easily all at once, like that menu in the ledger introduced by the EU3 expansions?

Questions:
(1) How to increase assimilation rate? (except for citizenship reforms)
(2) How to get main culture bureaucrats into the colonies so I can turn them into states? Should I encourage bureaucrats as an NF?
1) Hold your mouse over a non-accepted culture pop group in the population tab.
2) NF bureaucrats.

is there a way to build buildings easily all at once, like that menu in the ledger introduced by the EU3 expansions?
In AHD hold ctrl.

can someone explain the form northern/southern germany for me? the tooltip is imo extremely conveluted and complicated on this

Don't know if it's the right thread...

Is it possible to play Victoria 2 with minimal warmongering or is the game just too boring without it? I never played Victoria so I am not really sure how to game works but I always love to have the option to play peacefully (think culture win in Civ IV)

I would say, pick the right nation and you can play through pretty much all of the game without fighting wars. I find games with a minimum of wars to quite fun, but that depends on the player i guess.

Don't know if it's the right thread...

Is it possible to play Victoria 2 with minimal warmongering or is the game just too boring without it? I never played Victoria so I am not really sure how to game works but I always love to have the option to play peacefully (think culture win in Civ IV)

Playing the war mongering game (called Bad Boy) sort of devolves into a game of World Conquest. This is no longer my type or style of play. The game as an Infamy Limit, and I play under it. The Infamy Limit is when the world's Great Powers wage containment wars versus you. Stay under that limit, and they "leave you alone" more or less.

You gain infamy by your war actions, and how much. Keep it under the limit, and you can move forward more in your desire to not be a war monger.

Good Luck!

So, I'm currently playing a game as the OE with AHD, and I've lost almost all capability for military support. For some reason, in the past few years, my brigades have been slowly vanishing, and in addition to that, I've lost the ability to support any of them. At first, the ratio was ~50/50, but now it's dropped to 13/4. I don't know why this is, I've maxed military spending and stockpile. I have only been able to build a few brigades since 1840. I experienced this in a quick game as USA until 1845 when I first got AHD, and I have no idea why.

Also, I can't build any factories. From what I understand, given the great power rank, we should be able to build factories, right?

673492AFC9B7ABEEABA6A6CD57B62EDC3ED61435

So, I'm currently playing a game as the OE with AHD, and I've lost almost all capability for military support. For some reason, in the past few years, my brigades have been slowly vanishing, and in addition to that, I've lost the ability to support any of them. At first, the ratio was ~50/50, but now it's dropped to 13/4. I don't know why this is, I've maxed military spending and stockpile. I have only been able to build a few brigades since 1840. I experienced this in a quick game as USA until 1845 when I first got AHD, and I have no idea why.

Also, I can't build any factories. From what I understand, given the great power rank, we should be able to build factories, right?

673492AFC9B7ABEEABA6A6CD57B62EDC3ED61435

The answer to your first problem might be soldier POPs promoting or demoting to other POPs. I have a more confident answer for the second one; aren't the Imperials for the Ottomans Interventionist? That means capitalists can build factories but you cannot.

What's with the Ottoman Empire having alliances with most Great Powers? I've noticed this in three games now, and it's particularly irritating when you're playing as Greece.

Starting to play with AHD, 2.2 beta.
90-100% of officers get their luxury needs. They live allways much better than the rest of the middle class. If I put the military slider in 40% soldiers stop being soldiers, but officers still got their luxury needs.
Is it suppose to be like this?

The answer to your first problem might be soldier POPs promoting or demoting to other POPs. I have a more confident answer for the second one; aren't the Imperials for the Ottomans Interventionist? That means capitalists can build factories but you cannot.
Thanks for the soldier answer, but I was fairly certain that Interventionism allows both to build, and I couldn't build when I was the National Party (State Cap.) either.

Thanks for the soldier answer, but I was fairly certain that Interventionism allows both to build, and I couldn't build when I was the National Party (State Cap.) either.

I'm am sorry but that is incorrect, the system works as follows:

Planned Economy: Only you can build factories
State Capitalism: You can build factories, but so can the capitalists
Interventionism: Only capitalists can build factories, but you can invest in their projects (if you have AHD) and build railroads.
Laissez Faire: You cant do shit

Being a great power has nothing to do with whether or not you can build factories, if you couldn't build them with a State capitalist government, then you did something wrong.