• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I formed Scandavania as Denmark, and now i think im ready to fight Russia for Finland, if i was to force Russia to release Finland as its own nation and i put them in my sphere would they get an event that allows me to annex them?

Yes, as Finnish is in the "Scandinavian" group.

Probably a stupid question, but for anyone who plays Divergences...do I have to delete the whole cache folder after install or just the stuff inside the folder? Thanks!
I don't play Divergences, but when clearing the map cache, you delete the stuff inside the folder, not the folder itself. This applies when installing any mod.

How do you manage to increase relations high enough to make alliances with Great Powers? I'm playing my second full game (I've started and ended a few early) as Prussia. My first finished game was as France, and I never attacked anyone who had a similar/higher military score to mine, so an alliance with the UK/Russia/etc. wasn't necessary.. However, I just formed the NGF by using the Assert Hegemony CB on Austria. I had alliances with all of the minors (aside from Saxony and Bavaria), and despite maxing relations with Russia and France, providing military access, and giving war subsidies, they still refused to form an alliance with me. It certainly would've been a lot easier with the help of either one, and I'm hoping to be able to enlist the aid of the U.K. and/or Russia when I go after Alsace-Lorraine.

How do you manage to increase relations high enough to make alliances with Great Powers? I'm playing my second full game (I've started and ended a few early) as Prussia. My first finished game was as France, and I never attacked anyone who had a similar/higher military score to mine, so an alliance with the UK/Russia/etc. wasn't necessary.. However, I just formed the NGF by using the Assert Hegemony CB on Austria. I had alliances with all of the minors (aside from Saxony and Bavaria), and despite maxing relations with Russia and France, providing military access, and giving war subsidies, they still refused to form an alliance with me. It certainly would've been a lot easier with the help of either one, and I'm hoping to be able to enlist the aid of the U.K. and/or Russia when I go after Alsace-Lorraine.

GPs are pretty picky about whom they ally with. Each one will ally with two other GPs at max, which means sometimes somebody loses the game of diplomatic musical chairs and is left without a partner. Check who potential allies are currently allied with; you may be too powerful to get UK, France, or Russia to ally with you. I think infamy plays a role too, but that I'm less sure about.

GPs are pretty picky about whom they ally with. Each one will ally with two other GPs at max, which means sometimes somebody loses the game of diplomatic musical chairs and is left without a partner. Check who potential allies are currently allied with; you may be too powerful to get UK, France, or Russia to ally with you. I think infamy plays a role too, but that I'm less sure about.
Alright, thanks. If infamy does have something to do with it, then that would make sense, as I have been at a near constant ~20 infamy since the first year, when I declared war on Denmark (with the CBs of Unification, Acquire Jylland, Acquire Greenland & Iceland, Humilate, and Add to Sphere).

Playing as belguim got a free casius beeli against netherland on border incident and I go to use it and the declare war button is greyed out because it says netherlands is a sphere leader? What does that mean? thye are a great power, I am secondary power. dn't see where they have a sphere though.

Help. I want to crush them.

Playing as belguim got a free casius beeli against netherland on border incident and I go to use it and the declare war button is greyed out because it says netherlands is a sphere leader? What does that mean? thye are a great power, I am secondary power. dn't see where they have a sphere though.

Help. I want to crush them.

Most likely you are in their sphere. There should be a decision that lets you leave their sphere if you've got enough prestige and low enough relations with the sphere master.

I am not in thier sphere, they don't have anyone at all in thier sphere. It says I am cordial with them (not sure how), so I am decresing relations with them. But the greyed ot button still says thing about sphere for not being able to go to war.

help. they must pay.

Relation and Influence are two different things. Only major powers can influence a nation's... influence. Relation has nothing to do with it. If you are in their sphere you have to have HORRIBLE relations with them AND be a secondary power.

Can someone tell me what value in which file must I change to add a black border ala PDM? Completely forgot the name of both

In AHD, what would i need to do to get the military and industrial feforms needed for the westernisation desision?

You automatically get research points like before, but instead of spending them on normal techs, you save them up to enact the reforms. Later on when you westernise, you'll get the 'normal' techs you missed, depending on whether you're sphered or not, and if yes by whom, etc.

Playing as USCA, having a hard time getting even one factory up (Can't seem to get conservatives into power after many elections, so stuck on LF Liberals). My capitalists have next to no money and factorys cost so much. In Vanilla if you kept promoting Caps you would slowly get factories :( what do i do

Have you tried using your National Focus to promote Party Loyalty towards Conservative? With time, they'll be more likely to win the election. Depending on your ruling party policies, you can also inject state money into unfinished capitalist projects, but I don't think most Liberal parties allow that, so manipulating party loyalty would be your best bet.

EDIT: hmm looking back your post seems to have disappeared, but I'm leaving this just in case it might be useful for someone else

You automatically get research points like before, but instead of spending them on normal techs, you save them up to enact the reforms. Later on when you westernise, you'll get the 'normal' techs you missed, depending on whether you're sphered or not, and if yes by whom, etc.

So westernisation can happen any time after you've enacted enough reforms to get the counter to 100?