+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 305 FirstFirst ... 18 43 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 93 118 143 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 6095

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    Hardly ... Navy and Army are always pushed, but when my military gets too big, and I see my budget running a deficit, something as simple as Railroads will push it back up into the green. In all my games, there seems to be a point where the Commerce techs simply aren't needed, and for me, that is from the start of the game. The Industry efficiency bonuses usually increase cash flow enough ... and allow me to build new factories while I'm at it. Commerce doesn't do that.
    Commerce is now the only tech tree that improves output - industry does throughput instead, so you need more inputs to get more out. So if you focus entirely on industry and ignore the commerce tree, you'll have Soviet-style industries - large but inefficient. They'll be outcompeted by smaller, better-run countries in no time. Overall, you need to think a fair bit harder about which techs to go for with the new economic model, as big does not always equal better; 5% more cement throughput in a coal shortage will do no good where -2% input or +2% output will pay dividends.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Why was the expantion pushed 7 days? And simple 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Helepolis View Post
    HM? I'm not sure what that is
    Constitutional monarchy (His Majesties Government)
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Scotland, I am with you Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helepolis View Post
    HM? I'm not sure what that is
    HM's Government. Like a Constitutional Monarchy.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Blast! There goes my Tuesday
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

I formed Scandavania as Denmark, and now i think im ready to fight Russia for Finland, if i was to force Russia to release Finland as its own nation and i put them in my sphere would they get an event that allows me to annex them?
    Check out my V2 AAR Venice, Queen of the Adriatic

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Twichy_boy View Post
    I formed Scandavania as Denmark, and now i think im ready to fight Russia for Finland, if i was to force Russia to release Finland as its own nation and i put them in my sphere would they get an event that allows me to annex them?
    Yes, as Finnish is in the "Scandinavian" group.

Probably a stupid question, but for anyone who plays Divergences...do I have to delete the whole cache folder after install or just the stuff inside the folder? Thanks!

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by cody6890 View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but for anyone who plays Divergences...do I have to delete the whole cache folder after install or just the stuff inside the folder? Thanks!
    I don't play Divergences, but when clearing the map cache, you delete the stuff inside the folder, not the folder itself. This applies when installing any mod.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

How do you manage to increase relations high enough to make alliances with Great Powers? I'm playing my second full game (I've started and ended a few early) as Prussia. My first finished game was as France, and I never attacked anyone who had a similar/higher military score to mine, so an alliance with the UK/Russia/etc. wasn't necessary.. However, I just formed the NGF by using the Assert Hegemony CB on Austria. I had alliances with all of the minors (aside from Saxony and Bavaria), and despite maxing relations with Russia and France, providing military access, and giving war subsidies, they still refused to form an alliance with me. It certainly would've been a lot easier with the help of either one, and I'm hoping to be able to enlist the aid of the U.K. and/or Russia when I go after Alsace-Lorraine.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyBoxer View Post
    How do you manage to increase relations high enough to make alliances with Great Powers? I'm playing my second full game (I've started and ended a few early) as Prussia. My first finished game was as France, and I never attacked anyone who had a similar/higher military score to mine, so an alliance with the UK/Russia/etc. wasn't necessary.. However, I just formed the NGF by using the Assert Hegemony CB on Austria. I had alliances with all of the minors (aside from Saxony and Bavaria), and despite maxing relations with Russia and France, providing military access, and giving war subsidies, they still refused to form an alliance with me. It certainly would've been a lot easier with the help of either one, and I'm hoping to be able to enlist the aid of the U.K. and/or Russia when I go after Alsace-Lorraine.
    GPs are pretty picky about whom they ally with. Each one will ally with two other GPs at max, which means sometimes somebody loses the game of diplomatic musical chairs and is left without a partner. Check who potential allies are currently allied with; you may be too powerful to get UK, France, or Russia to ally with you. I think infamy plays a role too, but that I'm less sure about.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    GPs are pretty picky about whom they ally with. Each one will ally with two other GPs at max, which means sometimes somebody loses the game of diplomatic musical chairs and is left without a partner. Check who potential allies are currently allied with; you may be too powerful to get UK, France, or Russia to ally with you. I think infamy plays a role too, but that I'm less sure about.
    Alright, thanks. If infamy does have something to do with it, then that would make sense, as I have been at a near constant ~20 infamy since the first year, when I declared war on Denmark (with the CBs of Unification, Acquire Jylland, Acquire Greenland & Iceland, Humilate, and Add to Sphere).

Playing as belguim got a free casius beeli against netherland on border incident and I go to use it and the declare war button is greyed out because it says netherlands is a sphere leader? What does that mean? thye are a great power, I am secondary power. dn't see where they have a sphere though.

Help. I want to crush them.

Quote Originally Posted by conanthelibrari View Post
    Playing as belguim got a free casius beeli against netherland on border incident and I go to use it and the declare war button is greyed out because it says netherlands is a sphere leader? What does that mean? thye are a great power, I am secondary power. dn't see where they have a sphere though.

Help. I want to crush them.
    Most likely you are in their sphere. There should be a decision that lets you leave their sphere if you've got enough prestige and low enough relations with the sphere master.

I am not in thier sphere, they don't have anyone at all in thier sphere. It says I am cordial with them (not sure how), so I am decresing relations with them. But the greyed ot button still says thing about sphere for not being able to go to war.

help. they must pay.

Relation and Influence are two different things. Only major powers can influence a nation's... influence. Relation has nothing to do with it. If you are in their sphere you have to have HORRIBLE relations with them AND be a secondary power.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Can someone tell me what value in which file must I change to add a black border ala PDM? Completely forgot the name of both
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Can someone tell me what value in which file must I change to add a black border ala PDM? Completely forgot the name of both
    There was a mod that allowed you to install the PDM borders.

In AHD, what would i need to do to get the military and industrial feforms needed for the westernisation desision?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Liniert View Post
    In AHD, what would i need to do to get the military and industrial feforms needed for the westernisation desision?
    You automatically get research points like before, but instead of spending them on normal techs, you save them up to enact the reforms. Later on when you westernise, you'll get the 'normal' techs you missed, depending on whether you're sphered or not, and if yes by whom, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 305 FirstFirst ... 18 43 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 93 118 143 168 ... LastLast