• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I have a question about war weariness...

Now it is meant to make nations less willing to fight and more willing to give into goals, from what I have seen. The problem I'm seeing is like... the American Civil war was a horendous thing, MASSIVE casulties on both sides, just a horrific thing. Its 1903 in my game and I am seeing the 7th 'American Civil War' the Us just keeps declaring on them over and over and over, but because they have cores or some kind of CB for it they just ZERO penalty for it, there should be atleast some kind of mechanism set up so that if someone keeps ttempting something and failing they get penalities...

that was less of a question then I meant it to be

Ok, another question

how do they keep this group with that high of numbers and that high of an org with that SMALL of a supply in the province
0535E52254F3508AF96B00AF9A08733F1E465992

Last edited:
You need to thrash them, free people etc, buff your military.
If they think they can win they will try

supply is different for them, techs, owner etc

org is affected by attrition?

Attrition is killing them, just wait.

Ok, another question

how do they keep this group with that high of numbers and that high of an org with that SMALL of a supply in the province
0535E52254F3508AF96B00AF9A08733F1E465992

Yes, actually I was wondering about this myself. Battling China has become tiresome ... and they keep putting upwards of 300 strength into a province, and it appears attrition is not whacking China.

Now, I do know from reading that in respect to naval matters, the computer opponent is not beholden to supply or attrition. They can sail anywhere, and there is no loss, no matter how far away they are from their Naval Base.

Does the Army have the same cheat as the Navy (for computer opponents)? I assume no, because I've seen attrition work on the CO. However, is the attrition at the same rate as on my lads?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I have a serious question (as it is important in my current game). I am playing as Japan and I took some brittish territory. I see them, in my game, as ONLY war mongers and so, where I do everything I can for every minority group in my empire, I enforce Japanese Curriculum on the British, kill protestors, shut down all of their nationalist groups, etc.

Here is my question. When I choose the 'bad' option it says "non Japanese" now... does this specify within the mechanics to ONLY do it for the British because the dialogue box said 'British' or is it just putting this negativeness over ALL the non accepted in my nation?

If its just to the British, Great!

If not what do I have to mod to make it that way? I dont want the Malay in my nation to revolt because I wanted to harm the British.

Another question, how can one speed up assimilation of a population to my culture and or make their culture accepted?

full ctizenship

What about for a nation that does not have that choice?

Also, another question. I have about 4 of the 6 techs that increase literacy, I have OVER the optimal amount of Clergy. Right now about 60% of my people can read. I gain .05 a month. Thats every 2 months it goes up .1 point. that is .6 points a year and I need 40% literacy to be at 100% so it would be... 66 years? Is that right? How can I speed it up?!

Ok lemme answer in points

1. Are those provinces rebel/enemy occupied ? That's only possibly answer I can think of, since you are subsiding the factories, even if you had no access to input goods they should still be inside the factories.

2. Assimilation - rise literacy and make sure all the minority groups have 100% all needs, that gives some boosts. Full citizenship helps as well of course. Best way is to check what for example are farmer's needs, go to trade screen and click on each good on the list and check how many is available for your country. If it says there's less available than needed for pops, means you have to either Sphere some country that produces that or just conquer the land.

3. Literacy - you ideally want 4% clergymen, HOWEVER, I noticed there's quite an issue with this. Say you have a state with 1kk total population, 5 provinces 200k each. For some reason I found that clergymen doesn't rise equally in every province of the state, so you end up with average 4% for state, but 1 province has 8% and others have around 2%, resulting in sluggish literacy increase. One way to try to counter that is to make sure people in all provinces are getting equal amount of their life/everyday/luxury needs, so their promotion rate is around the same. But some provinces just have crappy goods and you can't do anything about it until you completely industrialize it and that takes a while.
Also make sure you focus on clergymen early on, get it 4%+ in every state before you use your NF on anything else, because with time pops gain con and that gives huge nerf to clergymen promotion, don't worry they won't overflow much more than 4% like bureaucrats usually do.

I have a (possibly nooby :blush:) question about factories. In my game as the Two Sicilies the AI has created a number of canned food, explosive and cannon factories but they are losing money. My question is are they still of some use to the nation? Are they providing good to my nation and thats why they are not turning a profit? And is there any way to stop the computer doing this?

A SUCCESSFUL revolution. As in the entire continent gets captured by rebels and the gov changes

seen it a few times in AHD

I've seen it many times both in vanilla and in AHD. I've seen Russia go Republican, Anarcho-liberal and Communist. Never saw Fascist. Naitonalistic rebellions less common, though I've seen Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Latvia and Lithuania free themselves.