• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you getting the goods you need? mouse over the military spending above national spending to see if you are getting what you need. You really should try PDM, it fixes most of the things you have problems with.

A lot of smeagolthevile's problems seem to be fairly unique to him, to be honest. Smeagol, are you sure your installation went OK?

I'm playing as haiti(in a democracy), but I haven't received any immigrants yet (1847), any ideia why this is happening?

Unemployment. You need unemployment below 10% to get any immigration. So if you have 25% of your population as unemployed tobacco farmers, you won't get any immigration at all, even if you have vacant factory slots crying out for craftsmen. You got to get your local unemployed working in them before the immigrants will consider Haiti as a possible destination.

I think my problem might also have something to do with my other problem.

My armies seemed to have an org rate of .0000001 they would sit around for years and never get their org out of their red. I had all but the last tech (great war experience) I was at peace... I dont know, none of my armies would get ANY organization.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Also, on that rebel front... my nation has 3.5million people I have had, within two years, more then a million rebel soldiers pop up

SoI? Overlord at war and taking all military supplies for themselves leaving your troops with no supplies.

Maybe those 267 ships are eating everything and the army can't get any.

Click on an army to see what supplies its missing and then check where they are being produced and consumed. A combination of some local production and nothing available to the army suggests that your SoI overlord is grabbing the lot.

Unemployment. You need unemployment below 10% to get any immigration. So if you have 25% of your population as unemployed tobacco farmers, you won't get any immigration at all, even if you have vacant factory slots crying out for craftsmen. You got to get your local unemployed working in them before the immigrants will consider Haiti as a possible destination.

thanks, I've fixed that and now I'm receiving immigrants, and another question, why my pops doesn't migrate to african/asian colonies, how am I suppose to turn them into states without it?

SoI? Overlord at war and taking all military supplies for themselves leaving your troops with no supplies.

Maybe those 267 ships are eating everything and the army can't get any.

Click on an army to see what supplies its missing and then check where they are being produced and consumed. A combination of some local production and nothing available to the army suggests that your SoI overlord is grabbing the lot.

What do you mean by SoI?

What do I have to do to become a fascist/communist country? With the flag change and everything.

Let fascist/Communist rebels take your capital and hold it for one year.

or revoke elections reform while having a fascist/communist party in power

If you have the appropriate number of reactionaries and communists in your Upper House, which is very, very, very unlikely.

thanks, I've fixed that and now I'm receiving immigrants, and another question, why my pops doesn't migrate to african/asian colonies, how am I suppose to turn them into states without it?

You aren't supposed to.

The game is set up to promote emigration to America and once pops are in America they are very reluctant to go back to the Old World.

In the new world you get extra population by assimilating immigrants. In the Old World you get extra population by statifying colonies. Its very difficult to turn colonies outside America into states if you have a capital in the Americas, and its very difficult to get immigration if you have a capital outside the Americas.

Its barely possible to get some Pacific colonies to states from an American base, but its virtually impossible in Africa. (I could do it in 1.2 but not since).

You aren't supposed to.

The game is set up to promote emigration to America and once pops are in America they are very reluctant to go back to the Old World.

In the new world you get extra population by assimilating immigrants. In the Old World you get extra population by statifying colonies. Its very difficult to turn colonies outside America into states if you have a capital in the Americas, and its very difficult to get immigration if you have a capital outside the Americas.

Its barely possible to get some Pacific colonies to states from an American base, but its virtually impossible in Africa. (I could do it in 1.2 but not since).

That's sad, there are any plans to change that? Anyway, thank you very much for the answers

The Suez Canal Decision...
Is that Decision limited to only certain nations?

I am playing as Japan, I specifically declared war on Egypt and took the province with Suez in it even before I civilized. I am now a great power, I have nitroglycerine and obviously own the province of Suez yet I do not even have the option to form the Canal, as in, it is not even greyed out. Is there a reason for this I am missing?

I am playing as Japan, I specifically declared war on Egypt and took the province with Suez in it even before I civilized. I am now a great power, I have nitroglycerine and obviously own the province of Suez yet I do not even have the option to form the Canal, as in, it is not even greyed out. Is there a reason for this I am missing?
Have you got Mechanical Production? The decision won't appear until you do.

Ahhh, that may be it, I will have to check. I assumed that once you became a great power it became avaliable so you would know what to work toward inorder to do it, for the other great powers, as far as I have noticed, it is available almost from the start.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but the way I see it from my countless hours in vic II it is IMPOSSIBLE for Russia to have a revolution. They are just to big and there are never enough rebels willing to rise. Even when they gain massive swaths of land Russia is ALWAYS able to build up troops, move in a bit later, and crush them decisively.

I have even attempted to, in other games, intervene in the rebellion, Tagging into russia and deleting all their soldiers, they still manage to come back without much effort at all...

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but the way I see it from my countless hours in vic II it is IMPOSSIBLE for Russia to have a revolution. They are just to big and there are never enough rebels willing to rise. Even when they gain massive swaths of land Russia is ALWAYS able to build up troops, move in a bit later, and crush them decisively.

I have even attempted to, in other games, intervene in the rebellion, Tagging into russia and deleting all their soldiers, they still manage to come back without much effort at all...

I have never seen one in Vanilla.

And it will probably be easier with AHD, since there are popular movements.

I have never seen one in Vanilla.

And it will probably be easier with AHD, since there are popular movements.

I am glad to hear that. I'd also love to see a way to support revolutionary movements

Edit

Watching revolutions is a very, very frustrating thing to do. I just watched England get a revolt. started in scotland, spread to all of england and ireland, then spread to all of canada. It sat there for a few months before England got some troops over and cleared it out. I dunno about you, but from where I'm looking that should have been a successful revolt...

Last edited:
You can make the time to occupy quicker.