+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 283 FirstFirst ... 14 39 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 89 114 139 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 5649

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

what was your national spending at, that determines how much goods an army can get, so its organization level.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Military spending and stockpile are as high as they can go.

I am also no noone's sphere and produce whats needed to field an army in my factories.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Are you getting the goods you need? mouse over the military spending above national spending to see if you are getting what you need. You really should try PDM, it fixes most of the things you have problems with.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Are you getting the goods you need? mouse over the military spending above national spending to see if you are getting what you need. You really should try PDM, it fixes most of the things you have problems with.
    A lot of smeagolthevile's problems seem to be fairly unique to him, to be honest. Smeagol, are you sure your installation went OK?

I'm playing as haiti(in a democracy), but I haven't received any immigrants yet (1847), any ideia why this is happening?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by guiresende View Post
    I'm playing as haiti(in a democracy), but I haven't received any immigrants yet (1847), any ideia why this is happening?
    Unemployment. You need unemployment below 10% to get any immigration. So if you have 25% of your population as unemployed tobacco farmers, you won't get any immigration at all, even if you have vacant factory slots crying out for craftsmen. You got to get your local unemployed working in them before the immigrants will consider Haiti as a possible destination.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    I think my problem might also have something to do with my other problem.

My armies seemed to have an org rate of .0000001 they would sit around for years and never get their org out of their red. I had all but the last tech (great war experience) I was at peace... I dont know, none of my armies would get ANY organization.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Also, on that rebel front... my nation has 3.5million people I have had, within two years, more then a million rebel soldiers pop up
    SoI? Overlord at war and taking all military supplies for themselves leaving your troops with no supplies.

Maybe those 267 ships are eating everything and the army can't get any.

Click on an army to see what supplies its missing and then check where they are being produced and consumed. A combination of some local production and nothing available to the army suggests that your SoI overlord is grabbing the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arch Mede View Post
    Unemployment. You need unemployment below 10% to get any immigration. So if you have 25% of your population as unemployed tobacco farmers, you won't get any immigration at all, even if you have vacant factory slots crying out for craftsmen. You got to get your local unemployed working in them before the immigrants will consider Haiti as a possible destination.
    thanks, I've fixed that and now I'm receiving immigrants, and another question, why my pops doesn't migrate to african/asian colonies, how am I suppose to turn them into states without it?

SoI? Overlord at war and taking all military supplies for themselves leaving your troops with no supplies.

Maybe those 267 ships are eating everything and the army can't get any.

Click on an army to see what supplies its missing and then check where they are being produced and consumed. A combination of some local production and nothing available to the army suggests that your SoI overlord is grabbing the lot.
    What do you mean by SoI?

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

....shpere of influence
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

What do I have to do to become a fascist/communist country? With the flag change and everything.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by kravarnik View Post
    What do I have to do to become a fascist/communist country? With the flag change and everything.
    Let fascist/Communist rebels take your capital and hold it for one year.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Let fascist/Communist rebels take your capital and hold it for one year.
    or revoke elections reform while having a fascist/communist party in power

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathian View Post
    or revoke elections reform while having a fascist/communist party in power
    If you have the appropriate number of reactionaries and communists in your Upper House, which is very, very, very unlikely.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Quote Originally Posted by guiresende View Post
    thanks, I've fixed that and now I'm receiving immigrants, and another question, why my pops doesn't migrate to african/asian colonies, how am I suppose to turn them into states without it?
    You aren't supposed to.

The game is set up to promote emigration to America and once pops are in America they are very reluctant to go back to the Old World.

In the new world you get extra population by assimilating immigrants. In the Old World you get extra population by statifying colonies. Its very difficult to turn colonies outside America into states if you have a capital in the Americas, and its very difficult to get immigration if you have a capital outside the Americas.

Its barely possible to get some Pacific colonies to states from an American base, but its virtually impossible in Africa. (I could do it in 1.2 but not since).

You aren't supposed to.

The game is set up to promote emigration to America and once pops are in America they are very reluctant to go back to the Old World.

In the new world you get extra population by assimilating immigrants. In the Old World you get extra population by statifying colonies. Its very difficult to turn colonies outside America into states if you have a capital in the Americas, and its very difficult to get immigration if you have a capital outside the Americas.

Its barely possible to get some Pacific colonies to states from an American base, but its virtually impossible in Africa. (I could do it in 1.2 but not since).
    That's sad, there are any plans to change that? Anyway, thank you very much for the answers

The Suez Canal Decision...
    Is that Decision limited to only certain nations?

I am playing as Japan, I specifically declared war on Egypt and took the province with Suez in it even before I civilized. I am now a great power, I have nitroglycerine and obviously own the province of Suez yet I do not even have the option to form the Canal, as in, it is not even greyed out. Is there a reason for this I am missing?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    I am playing as Japan, I specifically declared war on Egypt and took the province with Suez in it even before I civilized. I am now a great power, I have nitroglycerine and obviously own the province of Suez yet I do not even have the option to form the Canal, as in, it is not even greyed out. Is there a reason for this I am missing?
    Have you got Mechanical Production? The decision won't appear until you do.
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ahhh, that may be it, I will have to check. I assumed that once you became a great power it became avaliable so you would know what to work toward inorder to do it, for the other great powers, as far as I have noticed, it is available almost from the start.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but the way I see it from my countless hours in vic II it is IMPOSSIBLE for Russia to have a revolution. They are just to big and there are never enough rebels willing to rise. Even when they gain massive swaths of land Russia is ALWAYS able to build up troops, move in a bit later, and crush them decisively.

I have even attempted to, in other games, intervene in the rebellion, Tagging into russia and deleting all their soldiers, they still manage to come back without much effort at all...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 283 FirstFirst ... 14 39 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 89 114 139 164 ... LastLast