• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question of my own - how can I speed along the industrialisation process? I have my taxes set high to keep the poor high and make the rich poor, I have my soldier budget low to get soldiers into craftsmen and I have my national focus set on craftsmen in my most populous state, but the process is still very slow. Perhaps 100-200 new craftsmen per month.

If someone could answer this I'd be very grateful.

any way to increase region limit to annex countries or lowering the cost of regions? by editing files and stuff. its annoying that while Mexico has 4-5 regions but 1 region cost ~186 warscore at start and drops to 80-90.

any way to increase region limit to annex countries or lowering the cost of regions? by editing files and stuff. its annoying that while Mexico has 4-5 regions but 1 region cost ~186 warscore at start and drops to 80-90.
What on Earth has Mexico been doing in your game for its regions to become that expensive? :)

But no, you can't mod the game to allow you to annex a civilized country that still has more than one region, and you can't change the warscore weightings.

But no, you can't mod the game to allow you to annex a civilized country that still has more than one region, and you can't change the warscore weightings.

Yes you can. It's in cb_types.txt:

Code:
conquest = {
	sprite_index = 2
	is_triggered_only = yes
	months = 12

is_valid = {
		# only one state or unciv
		or = {
			and = { 
				civilized = no
				NOT = { number_of_states = 5 }
			}
			not = { number_of_states = 2 }
		}
		is_independant = yes
	}

badboy_factor = 2
	prestige_factor = 5
	peace_cost_factor = 1
	penalty_factor = 1

break_truce_prestige_factor = 5
	break_truce_infamy_factor = 2
	break_truce_militancy_factor = 2
	truce_months = 0

good_relation_prestige_factor = 1
	good_relation_infamy_factor = 1
	good_relation_militancy_factor = 1

on_add = {
		move_issue_percentage = { 
			from = jingoism 
			to = pro_military
			value = 0.25
		}
	}

po_annex = yes

war_name = WAR_CONQUEST_NAME
}

change "not = { number_of_states = 2 }" to a larger number, like 12, to enable you to annex countries with under 12 states (for example)

Hi, is there any way to change the main culture of a nation? I would like to play as South Africa with Boer main culture. Furthermore, is there any way to change or influence the assimilation of other cultures?

What on Earth has Mexico been doing in your game for its regions to become that expensive? :)

i really dont know really :D i am playing USA , got my cores and half of their land but had like 60 infamy and waited 15-20 years, now 1 war = 1 region+10 infamy.. maybe because of PDM.

Yes you can. It's in cb_types.txt:

Code:
conquest = {
	sprite_index = 2
	is_triggered_only = yes
	months = 12

is_valid = {
		# only one state or unciv
		or = {
			and = { 
				civilized = no
				NOT = { number_of_states = 5 }
			}
			not = { number_of_states = 2 }
		}
		is_independant = yes
	}

badboy_factor = 2
	prestige_factor = 5
	peace_cost_factor = 1
	penalty_factor = 1

break_truce_prestige_factor = 5
	break_truce_infamy_factor = 2
	break_truce_militancy_factor = 2
	truce_months = 0

good_relation_prestige_factor = 1
	good_relation_infamy_factor = 1
	good_relation_militancy_factor = 1

on_add = {
		move_issue_percentage = { 
			from = jingoism 
			to = pro_military
			value = 0.25
		}
	}

po_annex = yes

war_name = WAR_CONQUEST_NAME
}

change "not = { number_of_states = 2 }" to a larger number, like 12, to enable you to annex countries with under 12 states (for example)
thank you.

I stand corrected; thank you. For some reason I expected it to be, if anywhere, in defines.lua :)

When there is a rebellion, many of the brigades that pop up disperse without any provocation from me, and the number ranges from just a few to an entire rebellion dispersing after a couple days. Any idea why this happens?

Always wondered myself ... they just sort of melt away back into the general population, waiting for the next revolution.

i cant change history files, when i rewrite them and then try to save it just wont let me. any1 else having that?
First: Did you install the game in Program Files on a Windows 7 system? If so, install it somewhere else.

Otherwise: Are you editing them as the same user that you installed the game as?

And, register your game :)

i wish i could register my game. i got it without a key and didnt realy need it when registering[no i didnt buy it from one of the stores listed or online].

my computer is windows 7 but i didnt realy get what u mean by "install it somewhere else"