• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
playing as Japan I raise my armies, all is well so I keep them neatly on MY land and suddenly they go from regiments of 3000 to being regiments of 150 guys or even less....And when I check the province is supposed to reinforce them at a rate of 100% and I'm not at war or anything. why is this happening?

I played as Piedmont-> Italy up to 1914 and I never had that problem.

I use age of colonialism.

playing as Japan I raise my armies, all is well so I keep them neatly on MY land and suddenly they go from regiments of 3000 to being regiments of 150 guys or even less....And when I check the province is supposed to reinforce them at a rate of 100% and I'm not at war or anything. why is this happening?

I played as Piedmont-> Italy up to 1914 and I never had that problem.

I use age of colonialism.

Is there any benefit to having higher levels of railroads? I'm playing a USSR game in PDM so I don't want to waste time expanding rail in all 313 of my provinces. The wiki says it benefits factories and RGOs, is it worth the effort?
I wish there was a way to automatically construct railways/forts/naval bases in all provinces (exc. naval bases, where the same button would construct them on all coastal provinces); having built level 4 forts in all of Germany, I can testify regarding the resultant brain damage.

If i increase the level of naval base does it also increase the base's colonial range?

If i increase the level of naval base does it also increase the base's colonial range?

It increases the base's supply range, which includes among other things its colonial range yes.

I wish there was a way to automatically construct railways/forts/naval bases in all provinces (exc. naval bases, where the same button would construct them on all coastal provinces); having built level 4 forts in all of Germany, I can testify regarding the resultant brain damage.
Outside of MP, why would one build L4 forts in all of Germany?

Market Activity refers to what has recently been bought and sold, while the Common Market is the list of goods available for everyone to buy.

A question of my own - how can I speed along the industrialisation process? I have my taxes set high to keep the poor high and make the rich poor, I have my soldier budget low to get soldiers into craftsmen and I have my national focus set on craftsmen in my most populous state, but the process is still very slow. Perhaps 100-200 new craftsmen per month.

Playing a MP game as Prussia, another player is Austria. It's 1846 and I've formed the NGF, but they firmly have Southern Germany under their control and refuse to consider the possibility of "letting" me form Germany. Somehow they've managed to get their support limit to 139 while mine is a mere 76. Our army sizes are 69 and 128 brigades respectively. To top it off they have 128 Industrial score while I have a mere 53!

Any suggestions or ideas about what I might have done wrong?

Playing a MP game as Prussia, another player is Austria. It's 1846 and I've formed the NGF, but they firmly have Southern Germany under their control and refuse to consider the possibility of "letting" me form Germany. Somehow they've managed to get their support limit to 139 while mine is a mere 76. Our army sizes are 69 and 128 brigades respectively. To top it off they have 128 Industrial score while I have a mere 53!

Any suggestions or ideas about what I might have done wrong?
Well, the first thing you did wrong was imagine even for a second that your fellow humans would "let" you form Germany in a Paradox game :) Just like you would in EU3, you're going to have to scrap for it.

More seriously: Given that this is Austria (there are uncivs with better starting literacy than Austria) we're talking about, I'm guessing they followed the "get RGO booster techs to create unemployment" route to industrialization, which I've never really looked into properly.

Well, it really comes down to two factors: the bro-factor and the ambition of the Austria in question. I've played two V2 MP games where the Austria just let me grab Southern Germany, but this guy is obviously a bit different.

and as for serious any tips on how to get my support limit up to his would be nice

Dont go over the supply limit in a province

How do i know what the supply limit is?
Click on the province. Read the conveniently presented number labelled "supply limit".