• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if your a secndery power u gain an event that makes u go to war against that GP, u will probably lose though. oh and u need to have less than 0 relationship with them, if u get 200 that means 8 diplomatic points whats realy anoying is the waiting time between spending them

What if I am only a civilized nation? Because I can't declare war on any of my neighbors due to them being in the same sphere as me.

How can I raise my military score??

I'm playing a game as Persia and trying to westernize. I am building more and more troops, encouraging soldiers, I am researching military land tech, building fleets, but it just wont budge past 39...

I have no clue what it wants me to do

Now, for some reason, my score is going down...

ARGH! I had war declared on me, during the war it got up got Freakin' 49... I got peace and it droped down to 35 WTF

Last edited:
How can I put the Imperial, state capitalist party in power in Mexico? They are democratic so I can't change it manually, and whenever I go for an election despite my best attempts at steering towards the Imperial policies I still get 100% vote of reactionary and conservative, leaving me with interventionism.

Failing that, is it just as simple as influencing capitalists and making them wealthy to build up an industry? I have 0 capitalists in Mexico... how many is needed to create a sound industrial base?

v2game2011-12-2811-48-50-10.jpg

What should be my next step? Im not sure where to go

What if I am only a civilized nation? Because I can't declare war on any of my neighbors due to them being in the same sphere as me.

You could try to get enough military, industry and prestige to become a secondary power. Prestige is the least intuitive of the three to increase:

• Get military access from your neighbors. March through them to attack countries bordering them.
  • Build a navy and fight a war overseas.
  • Ally your neighbors in the same sphere, wait for them to get into a war, and join the call to arms. You'll be able to march through your allies. You shouldn't expect the sphere leader to fight for your wargoals, but you can get prestige from battles and make a separate peace if the opportunity presents itself. Humiliate is a good wargoal to boost your prestige quickly at low cost. (Allying with your sphere leader and fighting on the same side could be inimical to your goal of keeping relations low, however.)
  • Research technology and inventions that boost your prestige. These all become available to everybody at the same time, so if you save up your research points, you can grab the techs first and have the best shot at the inventions they enable.

Another way to break free that's under your control is to lose to a revolutionary movement on purpose.

Last edited:
is there any way to tell how many units a particular factory is producing?

Find the factory on the Factories screen, under Production. Hover the pointer over the profit-or-loss figure at the bottom center of its square. The tooltip that comes up will show you the production, along with how much of that production got sold. You can get other information by hovering over other parts of the interface. (I have Old Vic, but I believe this also works in vanilla.)

When you reach 1870, assuming you have all the technologies required, you can begin to colonise the interior of Africa.

Yes but I want to know what to do now? I'm trying to make Italy. But most of the countries are in other spheres. I got papal states out. But lost my great power so now I can't make them in my sphere. But how does that help. Can I annex them once in my sphere?

Yes but I want to know what to do now? I'm trying to make Italy. But most of the countries are in other spheres. I got papal states out. But lost my great power so now I can't make them in my sphere. But how does that help. Can I annex them once in my sphere?

You can't annex them unless you annex all the Italian countries - see the tooltip on the decision. Other than that, you're doing fine - beat up some uncivilised nations (you could take Crete for 4 infamy) and try to build up your industry if you can. Research the cultural techs for prestige, and you'll be in the top eight in no time.

It appears that I must have 20 canned food and 20 liquor for a brigade of artillery. The canned food is not a problem but I do not produce liquor in my country. When I go to the trade screen I click on liquor and try to buy some from the market but nothing happens. Perhaps I am not understanding the method of obtaining resources properly, how am I supposed to get liquor so I can make artillery?

It appears that I must have 20 canned food and 20 liquor for a brigade of artillery. The canned food is not a problem but I do not produce liquor in my country. When I go to the trade screen I click on liquor and try to buy some from the market but nothing happens. Perhaps I am not understanding the method of obtaining resources properly, how am I supposed to get liquor so I can make artillery?

First of all, a lot depends on which country you're playing as. I'll give you some general info.

Vicky 2's markets are prestige based. You get 100% of everything your country produces (unless you're in a sphere, in which case the sphere leader gets first crack). If you're looking at the world market, things get trickier. #1 in terms of game score (probably the UK) gets first dibs, and then it goes down through all the countries in the game. There may not be enough liquor to fill all the needs of all of the people ahead of you in line.

The easiest way to fix this is build liquor distilleries. You can also advance up the prestige charts by any means necessary. It may be a temporary global shortage; wait a bit and you'll be set. If it isn't, you may just be out of luck. Make sure you have the latest beta; it fixed some distribution priorities to make goods like liquor easier to get.