• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I am currently playing my first full play through as France and I have a few questions involving war. A bit of backstory, in 1909 I declared war on GB over some African provinces (Southern Rhodesia to be exact) to make things interesting. I was hoping if I quickly invade that state I could end the war quickly by getting my war score up quickly. That did not happen, as GB decided to invade other colonies of mine that I did not defend as well as I should have, and even though I did not lose nearly as much territory as I gained, losing battles had a huge negative effect on my warscore and the war became a very long endeavor. It's now 1916 and the war is still going on. My warscore is finally in the positive (albiet not as high as I need) and I captured all of GB's African territory, as well as the British Isles. The bulk of their Army is stuck in India which still outnumbers mine, but I've crushed the majority of their fleet so they have no way to move that Army to wherever they might need them. Now for my questions:

1. As I occupy the British Isles which is a huge chunk of their industrial base, do I gain any benifit from this, even if I haven't annexed it? I noticed their industrial score took a huge drop but mine did not rise. I'm also afraid that once the war is over their industry score will just jump right back up again.
2. What exactly are the effects of war exhaustion? Mine is at 3%, but theirs is at 50%. How much of an effect will this have on them? I'm assuming it will cause rebellions to occur, but how high does it need to be before I start seeing any real effect?
3. Any general tips on how to gain warscore quickly? I quickly noticed that losing battles as the aggressor counts against you much more than winning battles counts for you. Does holding onto provinces for a long period of time gradually increase your socre, or is it that once you occupy a province, the warscore you get from that remains static?
4. Does the game keep track of overall numbers of casualties of war or any type of overall statistics for a war? I'm guessing that the death toll would be in the millions by this point and I think it would be neat to see some numbers once the war is finally over.

Closing remark is that this entire war hardly seems worthwhile, as what was originally a dispute over a small African state turned into a global conflict. The only continent that saw no war was North America (although I'm considering invading Canada to boost my war score). Millions will have died by the time my warscore is high enough to get the goal I wanted, and the war has cost me tens of millions of dollars. Don't have a question or anything... it's just seems that war between global powers doesn't seem worth the reward :/

1. You gain no benefit from occupied territory other than denying it to your rivals.
2. War Exhaustion will drive up MIL, which subsequently leads to rebellions. It will also cause some POPs to go Anti-Military or Pacifism. As far as an exact cutoff, I'm not sure.
3. Whether you're the aggressor or defender should make no difference. It's about the number of casualties you inflict on an opponent (or conversely are inflicted on you) as compared to the size of their entire army. If the "underdog" wins (less technically capable), that also has some incalculable effect on war score. Since they still have more troops than you, a victory for them counts more than a victory for you. Occupying a province is a fixed war score; it will reduce the cost of an acquire territory war goal, often quite dramatically.
4. The game doesn't. comagoosie made a program for this for EU 3, but I don't think there's a Vicky 2 equivalent.

To win this war, you really have two viable options. First is your suggestion, invade Canada. The other would be to confront the British in India. Remember, there's a cap on how much warscore you can get from battles (25%). If you have London, that would also shift the balance in your favor a bit. Depending on the war score of Rhodesia, this war sounds like it might be winnable, but only just.

Thanks for answer. Here is another question, if you don't mind: sometimes after a successful war part of enemy forces becomes mine, I've never understood the mechanism of this event, what exact forces will join my army, under what circumstances they'll do it?

Thanks for answer. Here is another question, if you don't mind: sometimes after a successful war part of enemy forces becomes mine, I've never understood the mechanism of this event, what exact forces will join my army, under what circumstances they'll do it?

See this thread. If you take over a state from which those soldiers were recruited, they flip to you at the end of the war. Still not sure if this is a bug or WAD.

Don't have a question or anything... it's just seems that war between global powers doesn't seem worth the reward :/
Just like real life, I'm afraid.

in my game as the netherlands i tried to colonize java. i put my NF in burners and waited only to see about a 0.03 precent rise in a year, after about 10 years i tried to realise why and i saw 80% of my ook the are burnercuts, just from the wrong colture. what do i do now? they dont show any sign of assimilation

in my game as the netherlands i tried to colonize java. i put my NF in burners and waited only to see about a 0.03 precent rise in a year, after about 10 years i tried to realise why and i saw 80% of my ook the are burnercuts, just from the wrong colture. what do i do now? they dont show any sign of assimilation

I'm sorry, but this post is very difficult to understand.

the point of it is i used my national focus to ancourge burnercuts yet they were almost all from the wrong colture and the other wouldnt assimilate. i got 0.4 precent in an accepted colture and 80% burnercuts

the point of it is i used my national focus to ancourge burnercuts yet they were almost all from the wrong colture and the other wouldnt assimilate. i got 0.4 precent in an accepted colture and 80% burnercuts

It's very difficult to turn Java into a state because it has a huge population. It's 'bureaucrats', BTW, I assume that's what you mean by burnercuts.

i got 80% bureaucrats there, i just dont want to make anymore of those, how can i force them to assimilate?

and how can i got my country democratic?

POPs won't assimilate in a colony by normal methods. Basically you have to get dutch emigrants and then turn them into bureaucrats. Once you have turned the colony into a state you will get assimilation, but not in a colony.

You can force some assimilation if you have a profession with only dutch pops, or can create one via NF. e.g. if java has only dutch officers, you can use NF on officers to turn javan bureaucrats into dutch officers, and then NF on bureaucrats to turn dutch officers into dutch bureaucrats. However if there is a javan officer pop then the bureaucrats will just turn into javan officers and it won't work.

Democracy from monarchy requires a Jacobin revolution.

Why in some provinces the people who are supposed to emigrate to another province appear as immigrants in the very same province? For example, in a given province you can see: -300 Internal Emigration +300 Immigration. Is this WAD or bug?

Hey guys, two questions:
1. Why is my CON shooting up near 10 as Prussia, first ten years of game, without even being at war? Is there any way to stem the tide of +CON events or do I just have to endure it?

2. How to prevent immigration from Europe in the short run? Both in my France and my Prussia game I've been steadily losing population at the start of the game. Do I need to pump CON high and get political reforms?