+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 283 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 75 100 125 150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 5657

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

  1. #981
    Modding Victoria 2 ZomgK3tchup's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,344
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by untied keds View Post
    The characteristics of new generals are totally random?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by GamezRule View Post
    After beating Austria and forming the NGF as Prussia, I have slowly been building my army back up and I also have built a small navy. Why is my military score not going back up? My military is now much stronger then it was before the war, but my military score has yet to go above 29, when it was in the low 30's before the war.
    When you go to war, your military score increases. This is because of supply limits and how they change when you enter a state of war (your troops will become fully supplied and prepared for battle, as opposed to peacetime). This may be part of the reason.

    You may have also lost a general which will actually decrease your military score until he's replaced.

    It's also possible that you have LESS soldier POPs than you did before the war. Military score is calculated from your potential number of brigades, not how many you actually have (though this indirectly attributes to score during wartime since the more brigades you have, the more supplies you need). If you had 80/100 brigades during your war and now have 90/95, your military score will be less even though you have more brigades than before.

    These are the most common causes of lowering military scores, at least.

  2. #982
    General The Arch Mede's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a Turkish Bath
    Posts
    2,254
    Quote Originally Posted by GamezRule View Post
    After beating Austria and forming the NGF as Prussia, I have slowly been building my army back up and I also have built a small navy. Why is my military score not going back up? My military is now much stronger then it was before the war, but my military score has yet to go above 29, when it was in the low 30's before the war.
    Military score has 3 components:
    generals and admirals count for 2 each
    capital ships count proportional to their guns*hull
    armies count according to the size of your soldier POPs multiplied by the average ATT+DEF your tech gives you multiplied by a factor for government policy and war status

    After the war your soldier POPs are likely to be smaller due to casualties and they count less because you are at peace. Also you could have had a general or two die faster than they were replaced. Men of War count for virtually nothing, so your navy won't be affecting your score.

  3. #983
    Major Jokurr's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canadian Prairies
    Posts
    653
    So I am currently playing my first full play through as France and I have a few questions involving war. A bit of backstory, in 1909 I declared war on GB over some African provinces (Southern Rhodesia to be exact) to make things interesting. I was hoping if I quickly invade that state I could end the war quickly by getting my war score up quickly. That did not happen, as GB decided to invade other colonies of mine that I did not defend as well as I should have, and even though I did not lose nearly as much territory as I gained, losing battles had a huge negative effect on my warscore and the war became a very long endeavor. It's now 1916 and the war is still going on. My warscore is finally in the positive (albiet not as high as I need) and I captured all of GB's African territory, as well as the British Isles. The bulk of their Army is stuck in India which still outnumbers mine, but I've crushed the majority of their fleet so they have no way to move that Army to wherever they might need them. Now for my questions:

    1. As I occupy the British Isles which is a huge chunk of their industrial base, do I gain any benifit from this, even if I haven't annexed it? I noticed their industrial score took a huge drop but mine did not rise. I'm also afraid that once the war is over their industry score will just jump right back up again.
    2. What exactly are the effects of war exhaustion? Mine is at 3%, but theirs is at 50%. How much of an effect will this have on them? I'm assuming it will cause rebellions to occur, but how high does it need to be before I start seeing any real effect?
    3. Any general tips on how to gain warscore quickly? I quickly noticed that losing battles as the aggressor counts against you much more than winning battles counts for you. Does holding onto provinces for a long period of time gradually increase your socre, or is it that once you occupy a province, the warscore you get from that remains static?
    4. Does the game keep track of overall numbers of casualties of war or any type of overall statistics for a war? I'm guessing that the death toll would be in the millions by this point and I think it would be neat to see some numbers once the war is finally over.

    Closing remark is that this entire war hardly seems worthwhile, as what was originally a dispute over a small African state turned into a global conflict. The only continent that saw no war was North America (although I'm considering invading Canada to boost my war score). Millions will have died by the time my warscore is high enough to get the goal I wanted, and the war has cost me tens of millions of dollars. Don't have a question or anything... it's just seems that war between global powers doesn't seem worth the reward :/

  4. #984
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Leningrad
    Posts
    9,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokurr View Post
    So I am currently playing my first full play through as France and I have a few questions involving war. A bit of backstory, in 1909 I declared war on GB over some African provinces (Southern Rhodesia to be exact) to make things interesting. I was hoping if I quickly invade that state I could end the war quickly by getting my war score up quickly. That did not happen, as GB decided to invade other colonies of mine that I did not defend as well as I should have, and even though I did not lose nearly as much territory as I gained, losing battles had a huge negative effect on my warscore and the war became a very long endeavor. It's now 1916 and the war is still going on. My warscore is finally in the positive (albiet not as high as I need) and I captured all of GB's African territory, as well as the British Isles. The bulk of their Army is stuck in India which still outnumbers mine, but I've crushed the majority of their fleet so they have no way to move that Army to wherever they might need them. Now for my questions:

    1. As I occupy the British Isles which is a huge chunk of their industrial base, do I gain any benifit from this, even if I haven't annexed it? I noticed their industrial score took a huge drop but mine did not rise. I'm also afraid that once the war is over their industry score will just jump right back up again.
    2. What exactly are the effects of war exhaustion? Mine is at 3%, but theirs is at 50%. How much of an effect will this have on them? I'm assuming it will cause rebellions to occur, but how high does it need to be before I start seeing any real effect?
    3. Any general tips on how to gain warscore quickly? I quickly noticed that losing battles as the aggressor counts against you much more than winning battles counts for you. Does holding onto provinces for a long period of time gradually increase your socre, or is it that once you occupy a province, the warscore you get from that remains static?
    4. Does the game keep track of overall numbers of casualties of war or any type of overall statistics for a war? I'm guessing that the death toll would be in the millions by this point and I think it would be neat to see some numbers once the war is finally over.

    Closing remark is that this entire war hardly seems worthwhile, as what was originally a dispute over a small African state turned into a global conflict. The only continent that saw no war was North America (although I'm considering invading Canada to boost my war score). Millions will have died by the time my warscore is high enough to get the goal I wanted, and the war has cost me tens of millions of dollars. Don't have a question or anything... it's just seems that war between global powers doesn't seem worth the reward :/
    1. You gain no benefit from occupied territory other than denying it to your rivals.
    2. War Exhaustion will drive up MIL, which subsequently leads to rebellions. It will also cause some POPs to go Anti-Military or Pacifism. As far as an exact cutoff, I'm not sure.
    3. Whether you're the aggressor or defender should make no difference. It's about the number of casualties you inflict on an opponent (or conversely are inflicted on you) as compared to the size of their entire army. If the "underdog" wins (less technically capable), that also has some incalculable effect on war score. Since they still have more troops than you, a victory for them counts more than a victory for you. Occupying a province is a fixed war score; it will reduce the cost of an acquire territory war goal, often quite dramatically.
    4. The game doesn't. comagoosie made a program for this for EU 3, but I don't think there's a Vicky 2 equivalent.

    To win this war, you really have two viable options. First is your suggestion, invade Canada. The other would be to confront the British in India. Remember, there's a cap on how much warscore you can get from battles (25%). If you have London, that would also shift the balance in your favor a bit. Depending on the war score of Rhodesia, this war sounds like it might be winnable, but only just.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

    Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

  5. #985
    In savegames, what is the part that determines if a province is colonial or not? Is this easily changed, such that the province can then be used to build factories?

  6. #986
    Thanks for answer. Here is another question, if you don't mind: sometimes after a successful war part of enemy forces becomes mine, I've never understood the mechanism of this event, what exact forces will join my army, under what circumstances they'll do it?
    Innocence proves nothing.

  7. #987
    Second Lieutenant CromagnonX's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by untied keds View Post
    Thanks for answer. Here is another question, if you don't mind: sometimes after a successful war part of enemy forces becomes mine, I've never understood the mechanism of this event, what exact forces will join my army, under what circumstances they'll do it?
    See this thread. If you take over a state from which those soldiers were recruited, they flip to you at the end of the war. Still not sure if this is a bug or WAD.
    Cheers,
    Cromagnon

  8. #988
    Field Marshal grommile's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northampton, England (in 237)
    Posts
    5,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokurr View Post
    Don't have a question or anything... it's just seems that war between global powers doesn't seem worth the reward :/
    Just like real life, I'm afraid.
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

  9. #989
    First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    jerusalem, israel
    Posts
    290
    when will 1.4 be out? im dying in wait for rally points

  10. #990
    Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    York
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    when will 1.4 be out? im dying in wait for rally points
    1. Sometime between now and January, I expect

    2. I thought that was a feature for A House Divided.

  11. #991
    General The Arch Mede's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a Turkish Bath
    Posts
    2,254
    Whats the command to tag switch? I can use the console to fire events, but I can't get tag switching to work.

  12. #992
    Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    York
    Posts
    2,317
    tag TAG, eg. "tag KUK" for Austria-Hungary.

  13. #993
    First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    jerusalem, israel
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    1. Sometime between now and January, I expect

    2. I thought that was a feature for A House Divided.

    2. what do u mean?

  14. #994
    First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    jerusalem, israel
    Posts
    290
    in my game as the netherlands i tried to colonize java. i put my NF in burners and waited only to see about a 0.03 precent rise in a year, after about 10 years i tried to realise why and i saw 80% of my ook the are burnercuts, just from the wrong colture. what do i do now? they dont show any sign of assimilation

  15. #995
    Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,021
    Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    in my game as the netherlands i tried to colonize java. i put my NF in burners and waited only to see about a 0.03 precent rise in a year, after about 10 years i tried to realise why and i saw 80% of my ook the are burnercuts, just from the wrong colture. what do i do now? they dont show any sign of assimilation
    I'm sorry, but this post is very difficult to understand.

  16. #996
    First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    jerusalem, israel
    Posts
    290
    the point of it is i used my national focus to ancourge burnercuts yet they were almost all from the wrong colture and the other wouldnt assimilate. i got 0.4 precent in an accepted colture and 80% burnercuts

  17. #997
    Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,021
    Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    the point of it is i used my national focus to ancourge burnercuts yet they were almost all from the wrong colture and the other wouldnt assimilate. i got 0.4 precent in an accepted colture and 80% burnercuts
    It's very difficult to turn Java into a state because it has a huge population. It's 'bureaucrats', BTW, I assume that's what you mean by burnercuts.

  18. #998
    Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    York
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    2. what do u mean?
    Expansion for Victoria 2. Out Jan 24th. http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/vi...-house-divided

  19. #999
    How do I encourage a communist revolution in a 1914 Greece?
    Eντελέχεια: The one and single purpose for whom everything exists and is tied with until death or destruction.

    An Irishman playing Cretan traditional music is like a German visiting Italy and opening an excellent Spaghetti company.

  20. #1000
    First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    jerusalem, israel
    Posts
    290
    i got 80% bureaucrats there, i just dont want to make anymore of those, how can i force them to assimilate?

    and how can i got my country democratic?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 283 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 75 100 125 150 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts