• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cerbo, France is good.

Any chance to make liberals grow faster so i can get more and more reforms?

Any chance to make liberals grow faster so i can get more and more reforms?

Piss them off: don't give them the reforms they want, but all other reforms. That way, they stay liberal if you don't give them voting rights :) You can also steer the Liberal Revolution events to massively increase your UH liberals.

Piss them off: don't give them the reforms they want, but all other reforms. That way, they stay liberal if you don't give them voting rights :) You can also steer the Liberal Revolution events to massively increase your UH liberals.

Not when playing as Japan. Not much liberal revolutions there- and liberal % seems to increase around 1% per year. Me wants more freedom for me people!

I'm sure this question has been answered elsewhere before, but my searches have turned up no results.

I'm playing as Bavaria and my bureaucrat population is 6.6% and rising rather quickly even though administration funding is set at 0% and middle income taxation is set at 100% (~30% effective). Even though 100% of my bureaucrats are getting none of their daily needs, people are still becoming bureaucrats in their droves. I do not have an unemployment problem as neither my factories nor my RGOs are at capacity. How can I address this problem, or is it a bug?

Not really a gameplay question, but anyone here know the reason for the lack of some Victoria 2 DLC in impulse?
I am planning to get it through impulse but unfortunately it lacks the interwar sprite dlc that I wanted to get (can't buy through Gamersgate due to several reasons)

Playing as Belgium, used my NI to encourage craftsmen and lowered poor taxes. Yet I'm really lacking manpower in my factories, what can I do about it? Gone full liberal (which I'm starting to regret as I can't really play the game anymore) so I don't really have much choice in anything at this point, I guess I should be closing down factories?
And how should I judge what to close down? Just the money it makes?

Playing as Belgium, used my NI to encourage craftsmen and lowered poor taxes. Yet I'm really lacking manpower in my factories, what can I do about it? Gone full liberal (which I'm starting to regret as I can't really play the game anymore) so I don't really have much choice in anything at this point, I guess I should be closing down factories?
And how should I judge what to close down? Just the money it makes?

You shouldn't lower taxes too much, else the craftsmen you have may get enough money and promote to middle-class POPs. Check the Population screen and see if that's the case. Apart from that, with Belgium the problem is that they're not a big country. I'd advise you to try and get some provinces from the Netherlands. To increase your industrial score, I think it takes into account the factory profits, industry tech and number of craftsmen. Try to find under-supplied products in the World Market (Trade Screen) with reasonably high prices and build these factories if you can (assuming you can change your ruling party to a Planned Economy/State Capitalism one).

Edit: It has a very small effect from my experience, but you can also research techs that lower Farm size, so the farmer POPs will eventually promote to craftsmen if they have no jobs.

Last edited:
You shouldn't lower taxes too much, else the craftsmen you have may get enough money and promote to middle-class POPs. Check the Population screen and see if that's the case. Apart from that, with Belgium the problem is that they're not a big country. I'd advise you to try and get some provinces from the Netherlands. To increase your industrial score, I think it takes into account the factory profits, industry tech and number of craftsmen. Try to find under-supplied products in the World Market (Trade Screen) with reasonably high prices and build these factories if you can (assuming you can change your ruling party to a Planned Economy/State Capitalism one).

Thank you. I knew about the POPs as I did read the manual and do the tutorial, yet I completely forgot about it. Hah, guess I was overwhelmed with the amount of information, feel silly now. I was actually waiting for Netherlands to attack me but it ended up with no wars and now we're both in France's sphere, guess I'll have to improvise. I'll have a better look at the population tab, think I need to pay more attention there.

Another Quickie: I don't understand the trade screen very well. How can I a) purchase the necessities for BUILDING Ironclads (I can do this normally already with my $$ and prestige), and b) NOT purchase the materials to MAINTAIN them? ___ I'm trying to beef my MIL score by having tons of 0 maintenance Ironclads. I had ~30-40 of them but I had to reduce the NAT stockpile down to almost 0.... and this lead to my land troops also being undersupplied and unable to hold off revolts

Another Quickie: I don't understand the trade screen very well. How can I a) purchase the necessities for BUILDING Ironclads (I can do this normally already with my $$ and prestige), and b) NOT purchase the materials to MAINTAIN them? ___ I'm trying to beef my MIL score by having tons of 0 maintenance Ironclads. I had ~30-40 of them but I had to reduce the NAT stockpile down to almost 0.... and this lead to my land troops also being undersupplied and unable to hold off revolts

I haven't looked in a while I'm pretty sure that the goods you need to supply ironclads are mostly the same as the ones you need to build them, so I think you're out of luck.

If however you want to support your army but not your ironclads what you need to do is go to the trade screen and click on the goods ironclads require (say steamers for example) set the trading for that good to manual, then change it from buy to sell. Then click confirm.

Your country will now not buy any steamers, but will still buy small arms and canned food.

I'm playing as the US, and I have some factories that need coal, now I produce well over 200 and they only need abit, but it keeps saying that there is none, and only abot 80 peices are sold on the domestic market, What is wrong and what should I do?

My guess would be POP demands; as far as what you should do, you could use an NF to encourage one of your RGOs, or use negative tariffs to make foreign coal cheaper. Subsidizing the factories, if you can (anything but Laissez-Faire would work), could alleviate your situation as well. Personally, I've never experienced coal shortages as a major, but without more information I can't give you too much more. Hopefully this helps! :)

Whats the best way to get someone out of anothers Sphere? Playing Two Sicilies and all I need to do is put Sardina-Piedmont and the Papal States in my Sphere(Parma too, already took Lombardy from Austria), but France is fighting me hard on it. I've attempted to spread their attention around trying to contest their Spheres in Spain, Switzerland, and Luxembourg but hasn't worked so far. Austria didn't give this much of a fight for Modena and Lucca.

I'll post all 3 tactics I know of, of which, one is not useful to you right now:

1) invest heavy in the +20% diplo point modifiers.
2) decrease their opinions in other countries, even if slowly. they'll panic and boost points into those.
3) remove the shared land border by conquest. I have used this before against France to get Spain, etc, in a few games.

sorry to bother you but i have a question.... i keep having this error when the "colonial power generation" appears. do you have any idea on how to fix it?. ps i have the age of colonialism patch

I'll post all 3 tactics I know of, of which, one is not useful to you right now:

2) decrease their opinions in other countries, even if slowly. they'll panic and boost points into those.
3) remove the shared land border by conquest. I have used this before against France to get Spain, etc, in a few games.

1)edit:figured it out.
2)trying it, ty
3)Prob out of the question atm. I was able to snag Venezia inthe mean time but I don't think I'm in the pisition to take Province and get rid of the shared land border.

Last edited:
Another question ,where do you see infamy?

On your diplomatic screen there's two tabs, "show wars" and "show great powers." You can see the infamy of any target(including yourself) when you're under the "wars" tab on the right hand side.

You need to invest in the + influence modifiers. Diplo points are another thing.

Also - whenever you see them getting close to a value where they could discredit, ban, lower opinion, etc (generally starts at 35), you should stop influencing entirely. Eventually they will pick another target for such actions that is influencing, and you can resume while they are at 0. It's a micromanagement pain, but it works. They will not touch you unless you are generating influence.