• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ho, lads. I have very a simple question, I've played Vicky for a long time, but I've never understood what exactly characteristic 'Fort: Attack\Defense' does mean? Fortification? An extended answer would be very appreciated.

Ho, lads. I have very a simple question, I've played Vicky for a long time, but I've never understood what exactly characteristic 'Fort: Attack\Defense' does mean? Fortification? An extended answer would be very appreciated.

That's the bonus you get to attack/defense in provinces with forts. Not sure how exactly it scales with fort level.

If you are influencing more than one country and want to influence one more than the other.

because say you have .5 influence points per day, and all the other factors are the same for both countries you are influencing with. If both are at 3, you spend .25 on each. But, say you had a lot more competition in one. So, you put three boxes in it, and two in the other. You will spend .3 on one and .2 on the other.

Just to flesh out what flame7926 said, you gain a certain amount of diplomatic influence each day. This amount then gets spread across all the countries you're influencing. How much each country gets depends on it's priority (1,2, or 3 boxes) as well as factors such as whether its capital is on the same continent or not, etc. The best way to get a feel for the system is look at the tooltip, then fiddle with the settings and see how the tooltip changes.

I was wondering whether consciousness affected the election events which change which issues pops care about. For example: if you chose decisive arguments for interventionist economy, does it have more impact on pops with low consciousness than high consciousness (or vice versa) or is it the blanket 30% more in favour of regardless?

When you are a GP, you get to influence countries by filling in 1, 2, or 3 boxes. Is there ever any reason to fill in only 1 or 2 boxes?

The AI reacts differently. The main factor the AI uses in deciding how to respond to your influence is the number of boxes you have ticked. Even if you are influencing only one country, and it makes no difference to the influence you add, you can get the AI to spend its influence in different ways by changing the number of boxes. 2 isn't usually any use, but 0, 1, and 3 can often be used to trigger different AI behaviours. 3 will scare them off if they are not that much interested, 1 may allow you to gain influence without being molested, and 0 will cause them to spend influence on other AIs.

In my current (Brazil) game, I'm having trouble building any units that require liquor. Military spending is full, stockpile spending is full, and I have a liquor factory myself; regardless, I manage to automatically purchase 0.40/whatever liquor after I order the unit to be constructed, and then it just stops. I've even tried turning off automated trading and manually increasing my stockpile, but it just seems to dwindle away without ever going towards these units. What am I doing wrong?

In my current (Brazil) game, I'm having trouble building any units that require liquor. Military spending is full, stockpile spending is full, and I have a liquor factory myself; regardless, I manage to automatically purchase 0.40/whatever liquor after I order the unit to be constructed, and then it just stops. I've even tried turning off automated trading and manually increasing my stockpile, but it just seems to dwindle away without ever going towards these units. What am I doing wrong?

Are you in someone's sphere?

After beating Austria and forming the NGF as Prussia, I have slowly been building my army back up and I also have built a small navy. Why is my military score not going back up? My military is now much stronger then it was before the war, but my military score has yet to go above 29, when it was in the low 30's before the war.

The characteristics of new generals are totally random?
Yes.

After beating Austria and forming the NGF as Prussia, I have slowly been building my army back up and I also have built a small navy. Why is my military score not going back up? My military is now much stronger then it was before the war, but my military score has yet to go above 29, when it was in the low 30's before the war.
When you go to war, your military score increases. This is because of supply limits and how they change when you enter a state of war (your troops will become fully supplied and prepared for battle, as opposed to peacetime). This may be part of the reason.

You may have also lost a general which will actually decrease your military score until he's replaced.

It's also possible that you have LESS soldier POPs than you did before the war. Military score is calculated from your potential number of brigades, not how many you actually have (though this indirectly attributes to score during wartime since the more brigades you have, the more supplies you need). If you had 80/100 brigades during your war and now have 90/95, your military score will be less even though you have more brigades than before.

These are the most common causes of lowering military scores, at least.

Military score has 3 components:
generals and admirals count for 2 each
capital ships count proportional to their guns*hull
armies count according to the size of your soldier POPs multiplied by the average ATT+DEF your tech gives you multiplied by a factor for government policy and war status

After the war your soldier POPs are likely to be smaller due to casualties and they count less because you are at peace. Also you could have had a general or two die faster than they were replaced. Men of War count for virtually nothing, so your navy won't be affecting your score.

So I am currently playing my first full play through as France and I have a few questions involving war. A bit of backstory, in 1909 I declared war on GB over some African provinces (Southern Rhodesia to be exact) to make things interesting. I was hoping if I quickly invade that state I could end the war quickly by getting my war score up quickly. That did not happen, as GB decided to invade other colonies of mine that I did not defend as well as I should have, and even though I did not lose nearly as much territory as I gained, losing battles had a huge negative effect on my warscore and the war became a very long endeavor. It's now 1916 and the war is still going on. My warscore is finally in the positive (albiet not as high as I need) and I captured all of GB's African territory, as well as the British Isles. The bulk of their Army is stuck in India which still outnumbers mine, but I've crushed the majority of their fleet so they have no way to move that Army to wherever they might need them. Now for my questions:

1. As I occupy the British Isles which is a huge chunk of their industrial base, do I gain any benifit from this, even if I haven't annexed it? I noticed their industrial score took a huge drop but mine did not rise. I'm also afraid that once the war is over their industry score will just jump right back up again.
2. What exactly are the effects of war exhaustion? Mine is at 3%, but theirs is at 50%. How much of an effect will this have on them? I'm assuming it will cause rebellions to occur, but how high does it need to be before I start seeing any real effect?
3. Any general tips on how to gain warscore quickly? I quickly noticed that losing battles as the aggressor counts against you much more than winning battles counts for you. Does holding onto provinces for a long period of time gradually increase your socre, or is it that once you occupy a province, the warscore you get from that remains static?
4. Does the game keep track of overall numbers of casualties of war or any type of overall statistics for a war? I'm guessing that the death toll would be in the millions by this point and I think it would be neat to see some numbers once the war is finally over.

Closing remark is that this entire war hardly seems worthwhile, as what was originally a dispute over a small African state turned into a global conflict. The only continent that saw no war was North America (although I'm considering invading Canada to boost my war score). Millions will have died by the time my warscore is high enough to get the goal I wanted, and the war has cost me tens of millions of dollars. Don't have a question or anything... it's just seems that war between global powers doesn't seem worth the reward :/