• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to check and see how advanced another countries Army is?

Also I annexed this small Asian country (i cant remember it's name), but its region is not showing up in my production/factories list.

It a battle you can see what units they are using, but for details you have to cheat. (tag switch or load as them from a save)

Check that you are showing rather than hiding empty states on the production tab, and it could be a colony if you took it off an unciv, and you can't build factories in colonies.

Converted from the Demo to full game and having fun with it. So a "thank you" to those that help out with answering questions that they must have heard so many times. Cheers!

Is there any way to become free if you are playing a puppet or dominion? I want to free Scotland take to take over England (lol) but I am unsure how other than declaring war on the UK as say, France, to free Scotland. Is there a war of Independence option or something I dont see?

Become a GP. If you are a single state puppet, you are SoL.

Hey guys, i want to make 2 questions:

1º- When does House Divided Expansion come out?

2º- Do you recommend buying vanilla Victoria 2, get the hang of it, and then the expansion or buy both straight away? Ive watched tons of lets plays and i think i know more or less how to play it...

1-January 24th 2012.

2-If you have money for both I would suggest getting the two

Hey guys, i want to make 2 questions:

1º- When does House Divided Expansion come out?

2º- Do you recommend buying vanilla Victoria 2, get the hang of it, and then the expansion or buy both straight away? Ive watched tons of lets plays and i think i know more or less how to play it...

I've just picked up vanilla and am very impressed with it, thinking that maybe I've been missing out on something with Vic 2. Quite a lot of depth if you want to get into it.

Just finished a game as Scotland. I started the game, TAGed to every nation and liberated every nation I could, to see how the world would fall at the end.

One thing I noticed, and im curious why they did it, is some nations have their own culture group and some do not...

Like Scottish are considered 'British' so are the Welsh (though Wales cant be liberated) Texas has it's own culture but Californian does not (if they are liberated) Iceland has it's own culture and so does Greenland... Heck, even the southern states have their own. Its just curious why they did that, it doesn't seem like it would be to hard. Also historically well, Scottish still refer to themselves as Scottish, not British (call a Scotsman English and you will come back missing some teeth) Heck, for Scottish and Irish 'Celtic' would be acceptable. But then this game's culture system has never been what you would call... accurate. 'All roads lead to Washington, should the signs be in Yankee or Dixie'

Is it possible to get your own Crown from the Gutter Event (IE: pan-nationalists enforce in your country and send the event to you). I checked the code and didn't see anything against it, but I haven't had it happen yet despite several tries. It's very troublesome when trying to form Romania.

Are there any events for Finland like indepence or civil war and is there any idea of playing Finland from 1836 and if yes do you have any strategy ideas for it. (sixth of december is Finnish indepence day so I want to play Finland)

how do soldiers turn red\yellow? how can i reverse it?
Red when there are no soldiers left in territory where it was built ot reinforce it and yellow when there are soldiers left and they are reinforcing it. To reerse this you can have soldier focus in area where unit was built and you can also increase military budget.

Red when there are no soldiers left in territory where it was built ot reinforce it and yellow when there are soldiers left and they are reinforcing it. To reerse this you can have soldier focus in area where unit was built and you can also increase military budget.

Kind of. Red is when there are no soldiers left in the POP that the brigade spawned from. Yellow is when the POP that is supporting the brigades has shrunk enough in size that it no longer supports as many brigades as you have recruited from it. A POP with 0 allowable brigades would show the brigade in red. A POP with 5/3 allowable brigades would show the brigade in yellow.

Are there any events for Finland like indepence or civil war and is there any idea of playing Finland from 1836 and if yes do you have any strategy ideas for it. (sixth of december is Finnish indepence day so I want to play Finland)

You would have to play as a different country, declare war on Russia (and add a few war goals to get the whole thing) demanding they free the Finnish people. OR you can play as Russia and manually free them, though you would be a satalite country, in which case I suggest using the TAG console command, picking a different nation, declaring war for Finland's sovereignty, switching to russia, offering that as peace, then switching to a free finland.

Thats how I got a free scotland in my last full playthrough

Start the game up as Russia, release Finland and select play as when you release them. You can play any releaseable country from the beginning of the game this way.

I think your mighty warriors should sing up a ship for themselves and sail to the other side of the world in search of the sampo. Its probably in Johore.