• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, just look at your POPs. You can sort by militancy, and then check the tooltips of why they're angry. Remedy those grievances. :)
Not everything that adds to militancy shows up on the tooltip though

Not everything that adds to militancy shows up on the tooltip though

All constant effects do, so you're only missing the events. Or am I missing something?

What are the normal ways to fix it? Stop taxing would be the only thing that comes to mind since i havent played it?

Usually you only get alot of rebels if you don't grant reforms. Managing militancy is a part of the game, just like managing con or armies. And just like managing con or armies, you do it well, you will have alot of fun, if you don't manage it well, it will be a long tough game.

I know how to rename an army or a navy, but is it possible to rename a brigade or a single vessel? If so, how?

You can rename them by editing the savegame, but you can't do it in game.

Hi

I just bought the game and I would like to ask how this game should be patched? I have played eu3 and I never was able to patch it even though I tried my best

Welcome to the forums, Savonian!

Register your game for access to the tech support forum. Patches and help is provided there! :)

playing as OE, while all my population is about 8 mil i was terrified to find out that a 1.5 mil rebel organisation that has about 450 brigades can rise up at any moment, in this game i spent all my resources on colonizing and taking care of my pops by making some very strong allies, but it just wont help. how do i stop them from rising?

edit: also how can i realease my own sattelites?

Last edited:
Thanks! It would be a neat feature to have in the game, though. I get tired of "10th Copenhagen Ironclad" sometimes. :)

You could also extend the list of permissible ship names by editing the file for the country you're playing in (I think) Victoria 2\history\countries\.

This is where the game selects all the interesting ship names from, but typically there are only about fifty or so. Adding more names here would allow for more unique names in game.

I also agree it would be great to have the feature in the game as well.

playing as OE, while all my population is about 8 mil i was terrified to find out that a 1.5 mil rebel organisation that has about 450 brigades can rise up at any moment, in this game i spent all my resources on colonizing and taking care of my pops by making some very strong allies, but it just wont help. how do i stop them from rising?
If you've got forts everywhere, you don't really need to stop them from rising. Just make sure you've got some reasonably respectable army stacks and roll over the rebels when they do rise.

edit: also how can i realease my own sattelites?
By losing a war with someone who wants you to release them. (In other words, you can never 100% voluntarily do so.)

How do I keep consciousness low? I usually go for decisions that give pops Militancy instead of Con, but it still usually lies at around 7-8 constantly.

How do I keep consciousness low? I usually go for decisions that give pops Militancy instead of Con, but it still usually lies at around 7-8 constantly.

Check the tooltips of your POP's CON, to see what drives it in your case. Getting high luxury needs usually drives up CON a lot.

As well as keeping poor tax at maximum to stop luxury purchase, literacy and clergy are the other effects. More clergy to bring it down. Avoid press reforms to minimise the effect of literacy on driving it up. After this there are major trade-offs if you want to keep CON low because you will have to hurt your research rate. Things like avoiding the plurality inventions, not researching education efficiency, not promoting anyone.

Decisions don't happen often enough to have much effect unless clergy, literacy and luxuries are close to cancelling one another out.