• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I expect that losing a containment war forces your military spending down, which would lead to soldiers demoting to other jobs.

Was this as the 2 Sicilies?

I've formed the German Empire before having sphered Austria (who is now Austria-Hungary). Currently, I have A-H sphered so will the petition for an annexation? or does it only happen for Austria and not Austria-Hungary?

Is it just my imagination, or is it far too easy to completely trivialize the American Civil War by not recruiting in, or fortifying, the slave states? (This leads to them having only mobilization-grade troops and no forts.)

Is it just my imagination, or is it far too easy to completely trivialize the American Civil War by not recruiting in, or fortifying, the slave states? (This leads to them having only mobilization-grade troops and no forts.)

Not your imagination at all; if you only use Yankee cultured troops, the south will be a push over.

I've formed the German Empire before having sphered Austria (who is now Austria-Hungary). Currently, I have A-H sphered so will the petition for an annexation? or does it only happen for Austria and not Austria-Hungary?

No. Austria-Hungary won't petition for annexation (it may do if Hungary's independent. Not sure).

I believe Austria will petition for annexation, but only when Hungary exists separately. The best way to go about it is to form Germany with Austria in your sphere, and get a proper Grossdeutschland.

i will ask again because its super important to me.

can i have capitalists build naval bases and forts also on 1.3?

No.

I don't know if it's moddable, please register your game for access to the User Mods subforum and ask there.

Do dominions/puppets contribute in any way to any of our 3 scores? I ask this because I imported an EU3 game where I am full of puppets(some of them pretty large) and want to know if I have somekind of score benefit besides an permanent ally.

Also is it possible for a puppet to become a great power?

No and yes.

(Puppets will sell their goods to you, I think, and to become a great power they also need >1 state, just like anyone else.)

Hello, I dont own this game yet, i have been considering getting it. After looking through the pages for a few weeks i have come up with a few questions. Hoping this will make me feel like these arent that big of a deal.

1) I notice alot of people are having problems where every province in your nation spawns a rebel army all at once. And this happens frequently, where you get armies of 10-15 power and 100+ of them. Why does this happen? How do you stop it? Or is this just part of the game?

2) When you declare war on people, do you need a motive? If you declare to much do you get declared on like EU3? Is there particular ways to stop this?

3) How does production work? Is it like HoI3-money where it doesnt really matter or does it help your nation out?

4) What exactly does Sphere of Influence do? does it make those countries become your puppet or have a better chance of being annexed by you?

I think that is it for now, its mainly the rebellion problem. Having rebels pop up three times a year, in 100+ armies seems like a game killer to me, which is why im avoiding getting this game.

Hello, I dont own this game yet, i have been considering getting it. After looking through the pages for a few weeks i have come up with a few questions. Hoping this will make me feel like these arent that big of a deal.

1) I notice alot of people are having problems where every province in your nation spawns a rebel army all at once. And this happens frequently, where you get armies of 10-15 power and 100+ of them. Why does this happen? How do you stop it? Or is this just part of the game?

2) When you declare war on people, do you need a motive? If you declare to much do you get declared on like EU3? Is there particular ways to stop this?

3) How does production work? Is it like HoI3-money where it doesnt really matter or does it help your nation out?

4) What exactly does Sphere of Influence do? does it make those countries become your puppet or have a better chance of being annexed by you?

I think that is it for now, its mainly the rebellion problem. Having rebels pop up three times a year, in 100+ armies seems like a game killer to me, which is why im avoiding getting this game.

1) You can keep people happy as best you can, but rebel outbreaks aren't uncommon.
2) You do need war goals, and the AI can and will fight containment wars if you break the badboy limit. CBs are notoriously hard to come by, so you'll rarely have infamy free gains.
3) Production is the heart and soul of Vicky 2; I can't do it justice in one post, but you may want to look at some AARs.
4) You gain privileged access to their goods and markets, which for some areas (China and Japan) is not just a good thing to have, but can be critical.

You shouldn't have rebellion pop up three times a year as long as you have the latest patch. 1.2 was much worse than 1.3 official or the most recent beta.

Ok that helps, i know one of my friends in my internet group played it, and he was playing as USA and after the ACW he was having rebellions so quickly that it seemed like rebels were fighting rebels in some parts. He showed me a picture, let me see if i can have him find it.

Here he showed me one.
v2game2011-01-2400-22-20-74.jpg

Last edited:
Ok that helps, i know one of my friends in my internet group played it, and he was playing as USA and after the ACW he was having rebellions so quickly that it seemed like rebels were fighting rebels in some parts. He showed me a picture, let me see if i can have him find it.

Here he showed me one.
v2game2011-01-2400-22-20-74.jpg

I would ask your friend what patch he was using; in my experience, that's far from the norm.

Rebels were a problem in the early patch versions. By now (1.3, 1.4beta) they are much less common. A picture like the one you posted will be very, very rare and points to a terribly mis-managed country.

no more liquor

i am running the german empire and doing quite well. the ruling party are the "nationalliberale" and industry is booming.

but there is one problem: they just do not produce enough liquor!
my army was really great, but as i do not have enough liquor i cannot build further guards or artillery and so my army is quite crap now.

how can i make my capitalists produce more (i already produce second highest, but am not able to cover my needs)?

in fact i changed the ruling party for one year to conservatives, built a liquor factory in every province and hope that the liberals won't close all of them...

Building liquor factories when there is demand is a good idea, the liberals won't close them down if they don't make a loss. Otherwise, a NF will get the capitalists to build more liquor, but that's a bit unreliable.

The thing with industry-build-this-NF is the timing: check when the next factory is in line to be built, and place the NF just before (the NF is otherwise useless, as it's only checked when building a new factory). It takes a bit of training time to get an eye for that, but then actually quite useful.

If you are Interventionist or lower you can upgrade factories. No need to build extra factories. Laissez-faire is so annoying sometimes... When it works is awesome but my fav still is interventionism.

Rebels were a problem in the early patch versions. By now (1.3, 1.4beta) they are much less common. A picture like the one you posted will be very, very rare and points to a terribly mis-managed country.

He said it was 1.3, but it was also a problem in all the other versions as well. You say its a mis-managed country? What exactly do you do to fix this problem? Are there triggers or something like in HoI3? or what?

He said it was 1.3, but it was also a problem in all the other versions as well. You say its a mis-managed country? What exactly do you do to fix this problem? Are there triggers or something like in HoI3? or what?

No, just look at your POPs. You can sort by militancy, and then check the tooltips of why they're angry. Remedy those grievances. :)