• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How come there's no desktop icon, just the PI logo? Is there an icon available at all?

I know it doesn't affect the game, but it's uglying up my desktop, especially as the icon's pretty noticeably distorted at 1080p...

So it was Rebels conquering territory that allowed it to happen?

If they enforce their demands in any Italian country, the country will instantly unify minus the state the player controls.

How come there's no desktop icon, just the PI logo? Is there an icon available at all?

I know it doesn't affect the game, but it's uglying up my desktop, especially as the icon's pretty noticeably distorted at 1080p...

There's a desktop icon, both for the desktop and the dock, for the Mac. Must be a Windows thing.

Shouldn't we be able to become allies with any nation in my sphere? I declared a war to put Italy in my sphere recently and now I can't get them to be allies despite being in my sphere, dunno if it's because we were at war recently.
Same thing happened with a recently turned Fascist Denmark.

Shouldn't we be able to become allies with any nation in my sphere? I declared a war to put Italy in my sphere recently and now I can't get them to be allies despite being in my sphere, dunno if it's because we were at war recently.
Same thing happened with a recently turned Fascist Denmark.

do you own any of their cores? that usually makes them unwilling to ally even if in your sphere

What's the deal with the military force limits? If I have, for example, 200/150 do I face any penalties?

If a brigade has the soldier POP icon in red, or yellow, how bad is that really? Does it affect combat at all, or reinforcement?

What's the deal with the military force limits? If I have, for example, 200/150 do I face any penalties?
Not directly. But, that situation means you have brigades whose soldier POPs can't support them properly.

If a brigade has the soldier POP icon in red, or yellow, how bad is that really? Does it affect combat at all, or reinforcement?
Reinforcement - if it's red, the brigade won't reinforce at all, and if it's yellow they reinforce at half speed.

Ok, twice now, I've been trying to add a nation to my SoI. Moments after I do I get an event that basically makes me go to war with the nation I just added to my SoI. On both occasions, the war ended in WP, the first I was handily winning against Austria-Hungary, the second with China, I hadn't even fought a battle yet. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Here's a question for you all. Am I the only one who has take the music folder from this game and listens to the music on the car steroe/mp3 player?

I moved the music from Vic 1 into the folder for double the fun. They're excellent soundtracks.

Ok, twice now, I've been trying to add a nation to my SoI. Moments after I do I get an event that basically makes me go to war with the nation I just added to my SoI. On both occasions, the war ended in WP, the first I was handily winning against Austria-Hungary, the second with China, I hadn't even fought a battle yet. Anyone know what's going on with that?
This happens when you have relations below 0 with them. They choose the "Leave Sphere of Influence" decision, which fires an event for the SoI leader. To prevent it, get high relations with them before adding them to your sphere, and for added security get nations close to them in your sphere as well to take care of the war for you.

This happens when you have relations below 0 with them. They choose the "Leave Sphere of Influence" decision, which fires an event for the SoI leader. To prevent it, get high relations with them before adding them to your sphere, and for added security get nations close to them in your sphere as well to take care of the war for you.

that makes sense. thanks

I unified Italy with the Two Sicilies.
My population:
- in total: 7,01 M
- South Italian: 3,03 M
- North Italian: 1,80 M

I get 2 NF for my South Italian population. How can I get NFs for the North Italians as well?

I unified Italy with the Two Sicilies.
My population:
- in total: 7,01 M
- South Italian: 3,03 M
- North Italian: 1,80 M

I get 2 NF for my South Italian population. How can I get NFs for the North Italians as well?

I'm almost positive you can't -- you only get NFs for primary culture POPs.

Here's a question for you all. Am I the only one who has take the music folder from this game and listens to the music on the car steroe/mp3 player?

No, I do the same with EU3, Rome and HoI3+SovietDLC

I moved the music from Vic 1 into the folder for double the fun. They're excellent soundtracks.

I'm listening to it!

all my pops did get their needs quite good fullfilled (luxury need >80%), then i agreed to an alliance with russia and suddenly all the diagrams turned yellow or at best dark blue!

is this because of my new "friend" russia whose prestige is way lower than mine (460 to 260)?

It's 1849 in my Austria game and (despite sky-high consciousness, and militancy seldom below 1.5) I haven't had Liberal Agitation, let alone Springtime of Nations. How improbable is this?

all my pops did get their needs quite good fullfilled (luxury need >80%), then i agreed to an alliance with russia and suddenly all the diagrams turned yellow or at best dark blue!

is this because of my new "friend" russia whose prestige is way lower than mine (460 to 260)?

Were you sphered by them (or someone else) at about the same time? That could cause it.

It's 1849 in my Austria game and (despite sky-high consciousness, and militancy seldom below 1.5) I haven't had Liberal Agitation, let alone Springtime of Nations. How improbable is this?

I believe the trigger is literacy; you have to be over 30%.