• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once I have downloaded it - it comes up; open or save. When ever I open it, it closes. And, I don't have a clue on where to save it, and how to extract it. So, 1) download 2) Open/Save (Where) 3) Extract

How do you fight wars? It seems almost nothing like EU3 or HOI2 (the paradox games I'm good at) and I'm getting stomped against comparable world powers.
Keep your military spending as high as your government restrictions will let it. Develop your Army techs. Make sure any army you're actually going to send into combat has a general (the penalty for not having one is huge, though some trait combos are almost as bad). Make sure your armies include some artillery. Concentrate your forces effectively. Let attrition help you; you don't have EU3's Scorch Earth button available, but attrition is still an important factor. If you're fighting an opponent of your own size or greater, mobilize your poor.

And best of all: Don't fight a war in the first place unless it's the only way to achieve the goals you've set yourself.

Two questions

What is the ideal army composition?

I have the interwar artillery sprite pack and the regular interwar sprite pack, that means even if an army has a single artillery division, will have the artillery skin instead of a regular? I hope not, since it will be weird all my army suddenly changing to the artillery skin instead of the intewar one even if the vast majority of it are other kind of units.

Spam guards, if possible. Artillery and cavalry will make a difference and are necessary, through the ideal ratio of guard/cavalry/artillery, I dunno. Remember only national or accepted culture soldier POPs can be guards, so try to assimilate as much as possible (events, full residency help; but don´t put pacifists on power even if their party has full residency as policy! And keep military spending as high as you can, if it´s 100% you will have lots of soldier POPs. That´s why you shouldn´t put pacifists on power; with 50% spending, soldier POP demotion will be a serious problem).

Once I have downloaded it - it comes up; open or save. When ever I open it, it closes. And, I don't have a clue on where to save it, and how to extract it. So, 1) download 2) Open/Save (Where) 3) Extract

Save it anywhere you like, then extract it with a tool such as Zipeg, as I mentioned earlier; then overwrite the files in your Victoria 2 installation, and it should work. Don't forget to copy your install, or you might break it.

You must also clear your map cache before running the mod.

Is there a way to take a map/screenshot of your nation + sphere of influence?

No. I believe Shift+F12 does your nation only on a world map, F12 does the world map, and F11 takes a screenshot.

For a Mac, you have to do Alt+the buttons above (eg Alt+F11, Alt+Shift+F11).

What real-world political grouping of the V2 era are Anarcho-Liberal parties supposed to represent? (I'm curious because in my current game, the USA has become a Bourgeois Dictatorship.)

Any tips in properly convert subjects of other spheres into your own? As Sardinia-Piedmont, I got myself in a brutal diplomatic deadlock with Austria for Parma and Tuscany, which they ALWAYS manage to ban me even if I have a headstart in influence points and superior diplomatic technology. I was hoping that they would be focused on Germany, but they only had the Italian minors as subjects of their sphere - thus, only the two remain for me to form Italy...

Any tips in properly convert subjects of other spheres into your own? As Sardinia-Piedmont, I got myself in a brutal diplomatic deadlock with Austria for Parma and Tuscany, which they ALWAYS manage to ban me even if I have a headstart in influence points and superior diplomatic technology. I was hoping that they would be focused on Germany, but they only had the Italian minors as subjects of their sphere - thus, only the two remain for me to form Italy...

The AI only seems to discredit/expel/ban if it's got sufficient points AND you're influencing the target at the time. I find it's usually enough to wait until it's got to just under the threshold (25/50/65) and then stop influencing. The AI will generally then use it's surplus points on someone else and you can begin the process again. It's a bit fiddly, and requires a bit of time, but it's the way I formed Italy as Two Sicilies.

Just a short question about brigades: As Brunswick, I conquered Saxony. Now I have about 10.000 soldiers in Dresden, but I'm still not able to recruit more than 1 brigade there... why?

It is a measure of the speed at which clergy increase the literacy of POPs.

cheers

If i have leaders with negativ traits is it still advisabe to use them if there is no other leader available?I read somewhere that having NO leader has much more negative impact on battles