• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YO guys, what exactly do i do to stop all these jacobin pig dogs rebellin every god damn year? Playing Brazil here with PDM. I got in a invading spree and took quite a few regions. Militancy is not THAT big either (1,45) here. Finding it weird because last time i played Brazil i didnt had any rebel problem at all, and i had all of south american and pretty much colonized half of africa.

give them political rights.

Oi. Any mac players here?
If so, does the HOD DLC crash often as people say in some of the reviews?

Does the AI ever bribe the player to join their side in a crisis? I've been right at the center of it (playing Russia, a crisis over Austria's control of Romania) and neither side seemed to care that I was on the fence the entire time it brewed. I was just waiting for some sugar since I would easily decide the winning side.

Hi there.

So I'm playing as Finland and I'm independent and risen to a secondary power status. Yet the only "Justify war" option on pretty much any nation is "Dismantle Fortifications" no matter is its a great power or an uncivilized nation from the spot 100.

I can get things like "Free people" (What does that do exactly?) and "Release vassal" justifications but nothing which I can go and get some land with.

Any suggestions?

"Release vassal"? What mod are you using? It should be "Release puppet". You should also be able to acquire states and colonies (place in the sun) from any independent nation with multiple states or any colonies.

To answer your question about Free People (and Liberate Country), they will release another country's core provinces from the defender. Free People targets one state, Liberate Country targets all of them and takes away any cores the defender might have.

Hi there.

So I'm playing as Finland and I'm independent and risen to a secondary power status. Yet the only "Justify war" option on pretty much any nation is "Dismantle Fortifications" no matter is its a great power or an uncivilized nation from the spot 100.

I can get things like "Free people" (What does that do exactly?) and "Release vassal" justifications but nothing which I can go and get some land with.

Any suggestions?
Try researching that tech tree where you get national focus. It unlocks different CB's in later level's. Like the one that let's you gobble up whole sale uncivs.

I've been having a blast getting back into Victoria II and I am playing as Austria. All is good, I fought back Prussia and kept most of the minors in my sphere. Germany formed from what I presume is the crown from the gutter event but that's irrelevant.

It's 1930 and Germany has declared the third Brothers war against me and for some reason my ass is getting stomped. I lost 66,000 men in a battle in the plains against a force 1/3 my size. I made sure my men were led by good generals and they all had a composition of 6 INF - 5ART - 2 Cav or Airplanes. All of which were devastated by primarily Infantry stacks. It might be gas, but goddamn stacks twice the size being wiped is crazy.

I love HoI and EU, I've played thousands of hours between them. I figured I should get into Vic given I've had it in my library for months and I'm off work his week. What are good starter nations. I'm guessing western secondary powers so I'm not overwhelmed with choices and options, but I have enough power and influence to try things?

I love HoI and EU, I've played thousands of hours between them. I figured I should get into Vic given I've had it in my library for months and I'm off work his week. What are good starter nations. I'm guessing western secondary powers so I'm not overwhelmed with choices and options, but I have enough power and influence to try things?

USA, Russia, Japan are all good picks and major powers in their respective regions.

Good starter countries if you have not played the game before are Sweden, Japan, Prussia and France. Brazil is supposed to be good as well, but I have never tried it. I do NOT suggest Russia (too big and VERY illiterate) or USA (too much event spam). If you survive the first few years as Belgium, they can be very good for learning the economy (small country with large starting industry).

I'm playing as an as-early-as-possible-civilized China, which obviously means conquering a lot of uncived nations...
What determines if they are civ or unciv when I release them? What technologies do they get if they are released as westernized nation?

I am playing as Greece. UK has conquered Ankara. Will the change capital event still fire if I surround Constantinople? If not, should I mod the game to allow capital concession? Will it break anything within the game?

I am playing as Greece. UK has conquered Ankara. Will the change capital event still fire if I surround Constantinople? If not, should I mod the game to allow capital concession? Will it break anything within the game?
The event will NOT fire if the Ottomans do not own Ankara. What you can do is to change the event so it doesn't use Ankara but another province. The event is found in TURFlavor.txt in the events folder.

I've just formed the NGF and am looking to form Germany. I'm allied to the UK, Denmark and Sweden. I need to take Alsace-Lorraine. France are allied to Austria and both of their minor spherelings will ruin my day. I know Britain is a pretty powerful ally but most of their military is naval rather than divisions of infantry and artillery. What's the best way to play the inevitable war?

I've just formed the NGF and am looking to form Germany. I'm allied to the UK, Denmark and Sweden. I need to take Alsace-Lorraine. France are allied to Austria and both of their minor spherelings will ruin my day. I know Britain is a pretty powerful ally but most of their military is naval rather than divisions of infantry and artillery. What's the best way to play the inevitable war?
You are in a great position. Usually France will ally Russia. If you are ahead in tech, you can most likely just declare war on France. Don't go on the offensive. Let them invade you and take out their stacks with doomstacks. After they have been beaten, you can siege them until they surrender. (You should save before you do it in case my suggestion fails)