• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The UK has the 'Doctrine of Lapse' events, with the following trigger:
Code:
trigger = {
		ENG = {
			NOT = {
				has_country_flag = empress_of_india
			}
		}
		vassal_of = ENG
		ai = yes
		civilized = no
		NOT = {
			prestige = 15
		}
		OR = {
			primary_culture = assamese
			primary_culture = bengali
			primary_culture = bihari
			primary_culture = manipuri
			primary_culture = nepali
			primary_culture = oriya
			primary_culture = sinhala
			primary_culture = avadhi
			primary_culture = kanauji
			primary_culture = panjabi
			primary_culture = kashmiri
			primary_culture = gujarati
			primary_culture = marathi
			primary_culture = sindi
			primary_culture = rajput
			primary_culture = kannada
			primary_culture = malayalam
			primary_culture = tamil
			primary_culture = telegu
		}
	}

For people who don't know much about modding, this means that every now and then you get an event asking if you want to annex one of the indian states. So after a while, you have annexed most if not all of India.

Prussia (or technically any other German state) can form the NGF and then the German Empire if the sphere certain countries, and, in the case of the Empire, have Alsace-Lorraine conquered from France. These are both decisions, by the way, although German unification can also be achieved by events, but I believe that is far less likely.

What determines stuff like literacy rating for released countries? Will they get the same rating as the nation that released them or is there some default setting for that stuff? Say I want to play Finland and I start as Sweden, use console to get the finnish cores back and then release. Would the newly created Finland have the same lit rating as Sweden?

What determines stuff like literacy rating for released countries? Will they get the same rating as the nation that released them or is there some default setting for that stuff? Say I want to play Finland and I start as Sweden, use console to get the finnish cores back and then release. Would the newly created Finland have the same lit rating as Sweden?
After the game loads, the literacy stays. If Finland has 10% because it was part of Russia, it gets 10% literacy. What you have to do to get the literacy listed in Finland's country file (70%) is to give the provinces to Finland before the game loads (edit the history files to make the provinces owned by Finland at game start).
Edit: If you give them to Sweden instead, and release it, you get 80% because Finnish is acceped in Sweden.

After the game loads, the literacy stays. If Finland has 10% because it was part of Russia, it gets 10% literacy. What you have to do to get the literacy listed in Finland's country file (70%) is to give the provinces to Finland before the game loads (edit the history files to make the provinces owned by Finland at game start).
Edit: If you give them to Sweden instead, and release it, you get 80% because Finnish is acceped in Sweden.
To put it more simply: the game tracks lots of information about each POP (every group of people in the same province with the same religion, culture, and profession). Literacy is one of the things it tracks, so calculating the literacy of a released nation is a simple task and you don't need to worry about it being biased in one way or another.

The UK has the 'Doctrine of Lapse' events, with the following trigger:
Code:
trigger = {
		ENG = {
			NOT = {
				has_country_flag = empress_of_india
			}
		}
		vassal_of = ENG
		ai = yes
		civilized = no
		NOT = {
			prestige = 15
		}
		OR = {
			primary_culture = assamese
			primary_culture = bengali
			primary_culture = bihari
			primary_culture = manipuri
			primary_culture = nepali
			primary_culture = oriya
			primary_culture = sinhala
			primary_culture = avadhi
			primary_culture = kanauji
			primary_culture = panjabi
			primary_culture = kashmiri
			primary_culture = gujarati
			primary_culture = marathi
			primary_culture = sindi
			primary_culture = rajput
			primary_culture = kannada
			primary_culture = malayalam
			primary_culture = tamil
			primary_culture = telegu
		}
	}

What's the MTTH of the event?

I am modding an 1875 mod which will last until 1945. In this timeline, Hungary rebelled and gained the usual lands except for Croatia/Bosnia/Dalmatia. Dalmatia and Galicia are in a triple personal union with Hungary *cough satellites of cough*, and Austria, Bohemia, and the rest of Austria within the German Confederation have joined. However, a war is ongoing wherein Austria and Prussia are holding election for Emperor/Kaiser while France, Russia, Italy, and Sweden are against them. If Austria wins, it gains an event to become the "Grand German Confederation" with Hungary, usual NGF, and usual SGF becoming kingdoms under the Austrian Kaiser. Is it likely that Croatia(aka Dalmatia) or Galicia would also join(perhaps as duchies), or would they become German allies/near-puppets? Also, if Austro-Germany is to lose and separate, what would the NGF+Bavaria, Baden, and Wurtemmburg be called?

Last edited:
I noticed that in some mods, many poptypes only appear in state capital. I think it is very good way to reduce the number of POP. I wanted to try to change all poptypes except farmers/labourers/slaves to state capital only.

I wonder if there would be any problem. For example, I think all non-capital provinces might not improve literacy as there is no clergymen in the province.

Is there any disadvantage or problem should I change all poptyes except RGO workers to state capital only?

What's the MTTH of the event?

500 months, with the following modifiers:
Code:
mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 500
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			average_militancy = 4
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			average_militancy = 5
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			NOT = {
				prestige = 10
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			NOT = {
				prestige = 5
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.1
			NOT = {
				government = absolute_monarchy
			}
		}
	}

hey, I just downloaded victoria 2 and when I launched the game it started loaded until it got to initializing maplogic, the game then crashed and a pop up stated this:
file exception: exception in virtualfilesystem.cpp,line:662. Description: the system cannot find the file specified. Can anyone help me fix this and figure out what it means?

Is there any way to make capitalists invest their money less stupidly?

For instance, the capitalists in my empire continually build factories that are unprofitable. Occasionally they build something that works. They repeatedly try to build fabric factories even though there isn't enough dye on the market to supply the needs of current factories.

Also, what is the best way to increase the reserves of the National Bank? I have seen huge increases during a time of war when taxes were high, and have seen those reserves decrease later on when taxes were much lower. I don't understand the mechanic of it.

Is there any way to make capitalists invest their money less stupidly?

For instance, the capitalists in my empire continually build factories that are unprofitable. Occasionally they build something that works. They repeatedly try to build fabric factories even though there isn't enough dye on the market to supply the needs of current factories.

Also, what is the best way to increase the reserves of the National Bank? I have seen huge increases during a time of war when taxes were high, and have seen those reserves decrease later on when taxes were much lower. I don't understand the mechanic of it.

No there is no way to make them invest better. Just have to roll with it. It's to simulte boom bust cycle's.

National bank works about this way.
Pop buy lowest need, if money left put some in bank. Then buy next lvl of need and so on. Important is that they put also some money away when they can't buy everything.

So when pop earn money but don't have access to goods they put more money in the bank.

Also important for understanding needs is, that pop only require stuff you have researched and ulocked. Someone producing in the world, does not mean your pops buy that good. Important to understand to not tech to fast, and have needs that can't be satisfied.
better have them put the money in bank. For when they can buy.

(Important POP don't get money from interest. This money vanishes into nothingness)

So taxing an Tarif into heaven will still allow pop to bank money if nor allike goods are unlocked. Also keep in mind rushing tech in this case means less buyer for goods. If you are the only producer there will most likely also no one who buy.

Which leads to your firstpoint. Getting sane investment. The factory need actual demanding pops, a market to sell. And unless you are giant, your own market is not big enough.
Need basic industry base to support caps wasting money on 'useless' factories.

And that money isn't wasted. It pays for construction material. And when you produce cement or machine parts it feeds back into your taxes and capitalists pockets.
Just let them build and if slot full demolish.

Is there a way to deal with the bug that causes your relations with other nations to reset?

Bug?

It is working as intended. When a hostile government change takes place. Like rebellion.

In essence spawning a new nation. New government new.
only peaceful government change keeps relations.

Just think about it. Communist rebels topple the monarchy. Would make no sense if international relations stay the same.

Nope, it is a bug. Sometimes your relationships just randomly change. Quite often on loading the game I've noticed. Especially annoying when it destroys the Pax Britannica you've imposed on the European continent with a web of alliances. :)

Bug?

It is working as intended. When a hostile government change takes place. Like rebellion.

In essence spawning a new nation. New government new.
only peaceful government change keeps relations.

Just think about it. Communist rebels topple the monarchy. Would make no sense if international relations stay the same.

It's absolutely a bug, just like crownsteler says. When I load the save all relations are the same as when I saved (my allies at 200, my enemies at -XXX), but when I unpause and let the game run for a few days all relation values reset for no reason. So my allies, sphere and my enemies are all around 20-70. In your scenario I would've been the one to go through a revolution, which I haven't.

Edit: No revolutions in Europe yet, that I know of anyway. France did suddenly break their alliance with Russia and instead allied Austria though.

Last edited: