• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is the difference between 'savings' and 'cash' in the POP screen? Aren't they essentially the same thing? Why does POP have a lot of savings while little cash, or vice-versa?

What does 'cash' and 'savings' represent anyway? Savings go to the national bank probably I think, but what does 'cash' do and what impact does it have on gameplay?

What is the difference between 'savings' and 'cash' in the POP screen? Aren't they essentially the same thing? Why does POP have a lot of savings while little cash, or vice-versa?

What does 'cash' and 'savings' represent anyway? Savings go to the national bank probably I think, but what does 'cash' do and what impact does it have on gameplay?

Cash is what the pops use to buy their needs. They get upset if they can't afford them.

Cash is what the pops use to buy their needs. They get upset if they can't afford them.

But isn't that represented by the 'income' and 'expenses' fields that are right beneath the 'cash' field?

Here is an example screenshot from the game I am playing right now:

4dqAvYK.png

Right now their income is 178.35 pounds. They already have saved around 4,000 pounds in the bank. Their expenses are being used to buy up goods (they build no factories or railroads, all were built by me). If the expenses represent the money they are using, what does the 'cash' field represent?

Sorry for being noobish and asking so many questions, but I have another one:

What is the best optimal number of states in the nation when I switch to '2 votes per state' reform in the upper house? It is obviously meant for nations that have a lot of states like USA or France. But what about smaller nations like Brazil, Canada or Mexico that have only 7-8 states and at best 10?

Someone once switched to '2 votes per state' reform while having only 3 states, and some forumites said that it is dangerous to have that reform in a nation with too few states.

I didn't notice any difference. Upper house is almost always mirror of voters view regardless.

I didn't notice any difference. Upper house is almost always mirror of voters view regardless.

But still, any ideal number of states? Even if just for roleplay (or small interactive AARs)?

Also, if anyone can please answer, what is that "End the Manchu Dominance" decision for China do? I have seen it fire many times, but their primary culture is still Manchu. Never got ability to use that decision myself. :)

Also, if anyone can please answer, what is that "End the Manchu Dominance" decision for China do? I have seen it fire many times, but their primary culture is still Manchu. Never got ability to use that decision myself. :)
This is the decision:
Code:
	clear_out_the_manchu_elite = {
		potential = {
			tag = CHI
			government = absolute_monarchy
			is_greater_power = no
			civilized = no
			year = 1860
			NOT = {
				has_country_flag = manchu_elite_cleared_out
			}
		}
		allow = {
			average_consciousness = 3
		}
		effect = {
			years_of_research = 0.1
			any_pop = {
				limit = {
					has_pop_culture = manchu
				}
				militancy = 2
				consciousness = 1
			}
			set_country_flag = manchu_elite_cleared_out
		}
	}

Cash and savings is different thin.
Cash is what amount of money you got to spend this turn. You may or may not be able to spend this money, because you can not buy something form market or all your needs are meet. What is rest going into bank as savings. Saving in pop is what is already in the bank. I believe pop will use savings if it did not get enough cash for every day need this turn.

Why would I want satellites or nations in my sphere? Wiki doesn't seem to mention anything about advantages of satellites, except that I can control their troops. Nations in my sphere participate in my internal market, but simply put, I don't really have an idea of how it could be good. Except probably if they produce rare goods that I don't, so as to directly have access to it.

Also, why do I have some projects in my country while I have not even a single capitalist in my country? Economy is interventionism btw.

Why would I want satellites or nations in my sphere? Wiki doesn't seem to mention anything about advantages of satellites, except that I can control their troops. Nations in my sphere participate in my internal market, but simply put, I don't really have an idea of how it could be good. Except probably if they produce rare goods that I don't, so as to directly have access to it.

Also, why do I have some projects in my country while I have not even a single capitalist in my country? Economy is interventionism btw.

Satellites are basically puppets. So you want them if you don't want to personally hold an area, or someone to fight for you if you don't want to personally command armies. They cannot oppose you unless they declare war on you. Besides, if a nation wants to attack them, they'll have to fight you first.

Spherelings is where your country commands a great influence. When you have a nation in your sphere, you get their resources for your market. This is good in most cases since you get their resources cheaper because they sell it to you directly, not to the world market. Besides you get to use their goods first (thus getting all goods you could need), and then the spherelings will take what is left over. A sphere basically forms a local market separate from the world market, where the resources are used by the members, and what remains in the end is sold off to the rest of the world.

Spherelings are also more likely to accept treaties like military access and alliance, and can be loyal. Generally it is best to combine satellites and spheres. You get influence on satellites much faster, while sphering them allows you to control their economy. A sphered satellite would generally never refuse to fight alongside you against enemies, basically becoming a lapdog.

The projects must've been launched by Capitalists when they existed. The capitalists must've then become poor and turned into something else, but the project remains there still for some reason. Or are foreign countries building factories in your nation?

Hello,

I played as Belgium for my first game, and managed to reach the great Power status.

I wanted to use my influence over countries. How can I increase the amount of influence I gain each month ? In ten years I only gained 30 or so influence over Luxemburg for example, and around 25 for Netherlands. Is the amount related to the rank, total score, prestige...?

Hello,

I played as Belgium for my first game, and managed to reach the great Power status.

I wanted to use my influence over countries. How can I increase the amount of influence I gain each month ? In ten years I only gained 30 or so influence over Luxemburg for example, and around 25 for Netherlands. Is the amount related to the rank, total score, prestige...?
Did you set the priorities?

There's a box with three bars in it: click it to set a priority. Left-clicking adds priority (up to three) and right-clicking takes away. To make it super-convenient, it will wrap around, so you can go from no priority to maximum priority with a single right-click, or the opposite with a left-click. If you have any priorities set it will only apply influence to the countries you've set a priority for; no priority will attempt to influence everyone at once, with poor results (as you've seen). It gets even worse when you start getting constantly hammered with the event that gives you +1 infamy since you have influence somewhere you don't care about.