• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

As Belgium (secondary power), I wanted to get concessions out of Morroco (no allies, no sphered). I forged a claim, then declared war. But Spain joined in althougt I expected to wage war to a single country... :( Any idea why ?

Here is a screenshot showing Spain's influence over Morroca (sorry, it's in French).

B6aWh0u.jpg

Why on earth my satellites and allies not involved in war allow my enemies military access?
That's gamebreaking "feature".

Why on earth my satellites and allies not involved in war allow my enemies military access?
That's gamebreaking "feature".

The allies don't love you enough... allies can still be rivals, you know -- Austria/Germany had that relationship for quite some time and they were not alone in that... If they truly support your interests, they WILL prohibit military access. Satellites? Well, that's a separate issue. You can't declare war on a satellite directly, so if they always prohibited military access when they weren't in a war, THAT would be just as much a "gamebreaking feature" to use your words.

Aside: I wish people would quit overusing "gamebreaking." What you're talking about is not gamebreaking. It's really not. Naming it so is hyperbole of the most useless sort.

Meh, it broke my gameplan completely. :mellow:
I think there should be another way, but it is what it is. In truth the enemies wouldn't be concerned with asking irl, so be it.

Meh, it broke my gameplan completely. :mellow:
I think there should be another way, but it is what it is. In truth the enemies wouldn't be concerned with asking irl, so be it.

It would be nice if you could more quickly tell the likelihood of someone giving an enemy access as you can in EU4. Oh well, someday... V3 I guess...

Is building canal possible in your puppets/satellites/protectorates? Because UK and Russia don't let me get Egypt to my sphere, and I don't want to conquer whole region there just for one province. So I would attack them to make them my puppet (or whatever it is called), but I don't know if that lets me build anything there, if they sitll wouldn't be in my sphere.

I'm playing as Prussia. It's 1843. I've got Holstein, Saxony, Hannover and Luxembourg sphered. Of course, all the ones that start the game in Prussias sphere, too. I've also sphered Baden and Switzerland. Holstein and Luxembourg are still satellites of Denmark and the Netherlands.

Why can't I form NGF?

Edit: I've taken Elsass-Lothringen already as well. The lands are not Prussian or NGF cores. Could that have an effect in the decision?

I'm playing as Prussia. It's 1843. I've got Holstein, Saxony, Hannover and Luxembourg sphered. Of course, all the ones that start the game in Prussias sphere, too. I've also sphered Baden and Switzerland. Holstein and Luxembourg are still satellites of Denmark and the Netherlands.

Why can't I form NGF?

Edit: I've taken Elsass-Lothringen already as well. The lands are not Prussian or NGF cores. Could that have an effect in the decision?
Have you sphered Denmark? You need to either own the southern part of Denmark or sphere them.

Is building canal possible in your puppets/satellites/protectorates? Because UK and Russia don't let me get Egypt to my sphere, and I don't want to conquer whole region there just for one province. So I would attack them to make them my puppet (or whatever it is called), but I don't know if that lets me build anything there, if they sitll wouldn't be in my sphere.
You have to either sphere them or own the province by yourself (except the Kiel Canal, which you have to own yourself).

I considered asking this on the mod subforum, but I think it is more of a gameplay one...so anyway:

1. I notice there are 5 types of flags - communist, republic, fascist, monarchy and generic. What is the 'generic' one used for? Where does it even get used in-game?

2. Why does HM's Government get a republic flag instead of monarchy one?

3. What does the detailed POP screen mean by separated 'cash' and 'savings'? Aren't they essentially the same thing?

4. The income of my POPs, even the richest ones, is almost same as the expenditure. Why is this so? Do they not save any cash and use it all to buy luxury goods?

Last edited:
Is it possible to use the console to spark a political uprising? I.E. Fascist, Nationalist, et cetera...

Is it possible to use the console to spark a political uprising? I.E. Fascist, Nationalist, et cetera...

It is not possible to spark a revolution, but it is possible to make the rebel group on top of the list win without an uprising. Simply use 'break' command (probably need to put country tag in front of it).

It is also possible to change your government type via console, and change policies and reforms, but that is a longer process.