• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You sir, are wrong, I'm sorry, but your wrong.

I understand it's a lot easier to just cross you arms, stick out your chin and proclaim how wrong those who disagree with you are, but that doesn't prove a single thing. Just how am I wrong? Do guns magically teleport themselves to soldiers? Does artillery get up and walk to the most important front and use itself as needed? Do entire armies magically decide on how to fight and maneuver using the telepathic hivemind shared by all soldiers?

Do entire armies magically decide on how to fight and maneuver using the telepathic hivemind shared by all soldiers?

Tyranid armies do :sleep:

Note to Johan: buy Warhammer 40k license from Reric and make a grand strategy W40K game :p

You're thinking too much about how the Mexicans are charging into your machine guns head first flailing flint lock rifles and forgetting the fact that you are the one doing the attacking. Machine guns help while defending, you don't start a battle and have guns set in place and mow down the enemy. Sure you have better rifles, but they're entrenched and have better leadership. Maybe their general knows how to avoid situations where the gun disparity would matter. Think revolutionary war tactics, here. This may not be an open line vs. line battle.

After you turn a colony into a state, what are the pre-requisites for you to be able to build factories in them? (i.e. have the region literally appear in the 'factories' screen)

Is there a certain % of pops required before you can get access to factory building? I was playing my first concerted planned economy game today and getting frustrated at these mystery regions appearing arbitrarily of their own accord in the Factory screen.

Either that or something was broken, post election the regions seemed to be there, fresh spammed with a capitalist factory building when the conservatives ousted my (soon to be reinstated) communists.

After you turn a colony into a state, what are the pre-requisites for you to be able to build factories in them? (i.e. have the region literally appear in the 'factories' screen)
Is the screen set to "show empty states" or "hide empty states"?

Is there an HOI 3 style stacking penalty for armies over combat width, or is it just the amount of troops that can fight at one time in one rank?

http://www.paradoxian.org/vicky2wiki/Land_units
you have tanks as your 'artillery' they arent support units, so they get treated like infantry.
Mexico has invested in the most important military techs as you (TACTICS) is why your losses are similar.

You sir, are wrong, I'm sorry, but your wrong.

Those gentlemen have been playing longer then you. Do you really want to piss off the people helping you?

Is there an HOI 3 style stacking penalty for armies over combat width, or is it just the amount of troops that can fight at one time in one rank?

There's no stacking penalty for having more troops than your width; your extra infantry will wait in the back row, then filter through as your front line units begin to falter. Anything over 2x the combat width won't appear on the grid but I believe they're still present, just not fighting yet. It's important to have reserves!

Playing Transval doing well , want to colonize north and west. Besides the one decision(I already got it) what are other ways to raise(or lower) the life rating level needed to colonize the territories around transval?

Playing Transval doing well , want to colonize north and west. Besides the one decision(I already got it) what are other ways to raise(or lower) the life rating level needed to colonize the territories around transval?

You need to research certain techs to lower your minimum colonise limit.
Medicine, national something, and machine guns. i think

How do I successfully wrestle a country out of someone sphere of influence through diplomacy? The ai always keeps me out of it

Also I heard that a big army stops other countries for declaring containment wars to me, is it true?

How do I successfully wrestle a country out of someone sphere of influence through diplomacy? The ai always keeps me out of it
Keep a close eye on their influence. If they're about to hit 50 (the cost of Expel Advisors), stop influencing the country you're trying to flip until they ban or expel someone else - the AI won't use those actions against you in a country you aren't spending any influence in.

Also I heard that a big army stops other countries for declaring containment wars to me, is it true?

It is true, but I'm not sure of the exact numbers. In my experience, having a military score twice as big has been enough, and in the odd occasion where it hasn't I've rolled over them anyway. My score is twice as big for a reason.