• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is the purpose of the 'Use General' option that can be ticked or unticked? So far I haven't seen it do anything, nor noticed any difference in my armies. What is it used for?

For your main armies always manually keep the really useful generals unticked so that you can assign them to the armies that you want to use for your current war - even the 'bad'; generals are 90% of the time better than 'no general' - you can check this by hovering over the 'no general' tab on the army detail.

When playing as an unciv..the 'bonus RP when conquering lands', is this throughout a war of concession, or is it a boost that stays after the war as well? Having a go as Persia.

Also, is conquest/concession necessary, or does it also boost whilst merely occupying?

You get the RP in a big bundle when the war is over and you've successfully annexed your target. It's the same as if you had stocked them up yourself.

This was only added in Heart of Darkness, however. I see you only have the base game registered on the forums, so unless you've forgotten to register your DLCs then you won't even have the reforms the bonus RP are spent towards.

What is the 'prestige' thing beside (on the left of) the icon of the general leading an army? Is it supposed to represent the general's prestige and reputation, or the entire army's prestige and experience? I had one of them gain prestige after winning a big battle many times, and it seems to improve organization.

Also, does it decrease when fresh units are added to the army? Or when the experienced army is merged with another one without any 'prestige'?

It's the general's prestige, not the army's. It improves the army's organization and organization regeneration rate, and doesn't get lowered as new units are added. If you want to replace a prestigious general (the cutoff seems to be 2%) while you're at war, you lose national prestige based on how prestigious the general you're replacing is.

It's the general's prestige, not the army's. It improves the army's organization and organization regeneration rate, and doesn't get lowered as new units are added. If you want to replace a prestigious general (the cutoff seems to be 2%) while you're at war, you lose national prestige based on how prestigious the general you're replacing is.

Ah, so that's how it works. A big thanks.

Do slave pops grow over time like normal pops?

In vanilla it's 10% of normal growth, if you're playing a mod check defines.lua for SLAVE_GROWTH_DIVISOR

Can someone explain what "cash reserves" signify? Is it what each POP has in the bank, on average, or is it what the total POP has in the bank?
Are you asking about the cash reserve on the budget window? That's how much money your government has in the bank to spend on whatever it needs to buy.

I haven't played Vicky 2 yet. What do I need to buy to get "everything" in one package? I'm on a PC.
You need to buy the base game, the A House Divided expansion, and the Heart of Darkness expansion; Heart of Darkness won't work without A House Divided.

That's for the entire pop. You'll note that larger pops of the same type use more of the good, and that their daily expenses correspond to the amount of goods they're consuming.

Are the different faction flags tied to specific political reforms rather than governments? I am playing China, which is a democracy and has every political reform except that I have First Past The Post system (to recreate the parliaments). My nation still uses the old monarchical Qing Dynasty flag even though it is a fully fledged democratic republic. Meanwhile I have noticed that the real Republic of China flag is there, but never comes into use. Only presidential/bourgeoise dictatorships use it.

Similarly, I noticed that my German Empire had republican flag after I turned it into HM's government, probably when I passed the ballot reforms, even though it was a monarchy.

Meanwhile the rest of the flags, i.e. the communist and fascist flags, work fine. What is this supposed to mean? What reforms are the flags tied to?

Are the different faction flags tied to specific political reforms rather than governments? I am playing China, which is a democracy and has every political reform except that I have First Past The Post system (to recreate the parliaments). My nation still uses the old monarchical Qing Dynasty flag even though it is a fully fledged democratic republic. Meanwhile I have noticed that the real Republic of China flag is there, but never comes into use. Only presidential/bourgeoise dictatorships use it.

Similarly, I noticed that my German Empire had republican flag after I turned it into HM's government, probably when I passed the ballot reforms, even though it was a monarchy.

Meanwhile the rest of the flags, i.e. the communist and fascist flags, work fine. What is this supposed to mean? What reforms are the flags tied to?
If you look in Germany's history file, you will find this:
Code:
govt_flag = 
{
	government = hms_government
	flag = presidential_dictatorship
}
This means that Germany gets the republic flag if it is a constitutional monarchy. It is therefore an exception. All other constitutional monarchies get the monarchy flag. You have to be a democracy or a presidental dictatorship to get the republic flag.

I am playing as netherlands I could incorporate the province in South America but it costs about 900 points to incorporate. Whats up with that? I have about 200/1200 possible c.power + 1 current colony and almost maxed naval limit. What to do?

If you look in Germany's history file, you will find this:
Code:
govt_flag = 
{
	government = hms_government
	flag = presidential_dictatorship
}
This means that Germany gets the republic flag if it is a constitutional monarchy. It is therefore an exception. All other constitutional monarchies get the monarchy flag. You have to be a democracy or a presidental dictatorship to get the republic flag.

What if I copy-paste that into China's history file, and put 'democracy' in place of 'hms_government' as well as the flag field? Will it fix the democratic flag?