• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Problem is that would create a free India when you want to puppet it. The only true ways to form India as a British puppet are to either annex all the Indian nations (through Conquest or Doctrine of Lapse) or let the Sepoys win, Restore Order to India, then release as a puppet. Which I'm sure you'll agree is very longwinded.
hence my first point of "It will likely become a GP", meaning even if it does start as a puppet it won't be one for long.

Add that to it, yes, and it's pretty much impossible to create an India under British hegemony.

it's like trying to sphere china without giving them a serious beatdown first, but even worse because the only thing holding china back is it's uncivv'ed status, which wouldn't the case with India.

Is there a console command for adding core to a province?

In my current game, I'm intending to release Canada from Great Britain, however, I wound up in a war with Russia and stole Alaska from them. I'd like to add those provinces to Canada when it forms.

Is there a console command for adding core to a province?

In my current game, I'm intending to release Canada from Great Britain, however, I wound up in a war with Russia and stole Alaska from them. I'd like to add those provinces to Canada when it forms.

Nope.

You could add British cores there from "The Whatever Patrimony" event, but no event exists for Canadian cores. You could edit the savegame, but I think that would belong in the mod forum.

I'm sure if you started a thread over there in the modding subforum someone with far greater knowledge than me would come along very quickly.

As the Netherlands, why do all of my soldier pops in my homeland evaporate even at 100% military spending, and how do I prevent it?

They can probably afford luxuries, which makes their CON go up, which makes them emigrate. Look at the tooltips on a soldier POP on the POP screen to see what its changing into. Drop pay and/or increase taxes and/or increase clergy and/or pass a reform they want if this is what they are doing.

Where do I exactly see from where the immigrant my country attracted come from? i I can only find my countries emigrants destinations.

Alright, can you point me in the right direction for editing the savegame? I mean, if you know a thread offhand or anything to save me some time searching.

If you open the save file in a text editor, type in the name of the province into the find function (ctrl + f in Windows). You should see something like:

owner = "ENG"
core = "RUS"

You can add the line
core = "CAN"
underneath to make it a Canadian core, or just replace "RUS" with "CAN" to prevent the Russians from trying to take it back. If you have already released Canada, replace the owner line with "CAN" instead of "ENG". There's another line next to owner which also would have "ENG" as a value, replace that with "CAN" as well.

Hope that helps.

Where do I exactly see from where the immigrant my country attracted come from? i I can only find my countries emigrants destinations.

Click on the Population tab and hover over your total population in that screen. It will show you both immigration and emigration destinations, as well as the numbers migrating. If you only see emigration, you are not getting immigrants. It would show you both if there was two way migration.

What can I do to help raise literacy? I'm playing a game as Madagascar and its currently 1884. I have brought the average literacy of Madagascar from 8% to 56%. It used to raise by +0.1 every month and now is only increasing by +.05. As your literacy increases does the rate that it increase decrease?

What can I do to help raise literacy? I'm playing a game as Madagascar and its currently 1884. I have brought the average literacy of Madagascar from 8% to 56%. It used to raise by +0.1 every month and now is only increasing by +.05. As your literacy increases does the rate that it increase decrease?

Not sure other ways but there is a tech under culture that increases literacy

Here is a question from me. While under complete blockade how can a nation produce some 40-50 ships under that blockaide, man the, and then send them out to fight the blockaiders?

I understand HOW it could happen but how could those blockading LET it happen... 'hey look, there putting battleships in the water, lets watch...' yea... Some things in this game...

Side note, I miss being able to do things to terrain like in Europa, like slash and burn, and what not to hamper enemy war efforts

Here is a question from me. While under complete blockade how can a nation produce some 40-50 ships under that blockaide, man the, and then send them out to fight the blockaiders?

I understand HOW it could happen but how could those blockading LET it happen... 'hey look, there putting battleships in the water, lets watch...' yea... Some things in this game...

There is not much you can do to prevent a blockaded nation building ships and sortieing. The British were terrified of that during the Napoleonic wars.

What the game doesn't model is that the blockading navy has experience in combat/naval sailing, while the newly-built navy doesn't. Even the ships are not tested!

There is not much you can do to prevent a blockaded nation building ships and sortieing. The British were terrified of that during the Napoleonic wars.

What the game doesn't model is that the blockading navy has experience in combat/naval sailing, while the newly-built navy doesn't. Even the ships are not tested!

Thats one issue with it, but Im running into the issue near end game in the 1900s with cruisers and dreadnaughts. I dont get how you cant just fire into the ports when they try and launch the ships...

1- Maximize education spending
2- National focus on clergy
3- Techs on the culture tree. Specifically, Darwinism.

And that´s it.

Thats one issue with it, but Im running into the issue near end game in the 1900s with cruisers and dreadnaughts. I dont get how you cant just fire into the ports when they try and launch the ships...

Because then they'd be in range of the coastal defences. Same reason the Royal Navy didn't cruise in Kiel to destroy the High Seas Fleet in the first world war.

Fortunately if you have naval supremacy you can blockade all the enemy's ports. That way they'll not be able to concentrate against you.