• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No to both, the French will hold on to their Madras port until you take it from them, and those tiny satellites remain satellites until either of you has a revolution. Even another GP removing them from your SOI doesn't work.

Ahh... so your telling me all that work to sphere them in hopes that I could do an event to bring them all into one nation, much like you do with the german city states as prussia... was completly wasted and I should just wait for a diplomatic insult to remove the SI and just annex them? Well there goes my infamy

Problem for Australia is once you make them their own nation and play as them it does not let you encourage immigration to Australia.

The problem is Australia is not an American democracy. Nations in North or South America which are democracies get huge bonuses to immigration (practically all the migrants go there). This may have changed in 1.4b though.

OK A QUESTION

Are there any events, other the the lapse random event, that will help me get the rest of india Anexed as the UK, I have more then half of it anexed through those random events and the rest are Sphered.

Also is there any event that you can trigger (IE not random) that will allow you to get the french territory in india peacefully?

Unfortunately, no, and no.

Indian Sepoys will take Pondicherry and Goa when they unite the country, but you don't want them (they'll take the rest of India from the UK too.), and I've never seen them succeed.

Ahh... so your telling me all that work to sphere them in hopes that I could do an event to bring them all into one nation, much like you do with the german city states as prussia... was completly wasted and I should just wait for a diplomatic insult to remove the SI and just annex them? Well there goes my infamy

They are your satellites as well as in your sphere, so even if they leave your sphere you still cannot annex them. The only way to break the satellite status is a revolution.

But what actually causes it to generate? And what affects the rates?

The priority of your influence, how many other countries you have influenced, your size and proximity relative to the country you're influencing, and some techs all affect how quickly you influence somebody. You'll get the highest possible rate (barring tech) for an OPM right next to you if that's the only one you're influencing.

What's the difference between a satellite, puppet, and dominion?

I don't think there is any (in game anyway), but if nothing else, I'll bump this question. I'm curious too.

I don't think there is any (in game anyway), but if nothing else, I'll bump this question. I'm curious too.

I don't believe there is a difference In-Game either. If you are the master, whether they are a "Sat" or "Dom" they are still a "puppet" to you.

But what actually causes it to generate? And what affects the rates?

Going to assume you mean influencing. In the Vanilla game I know a few techs in the Commerce or Culture tabs can increase your Diplomatic Influence.

(Just noticed "The Arch Mede" answered this already.)

Last edited:
As the Netherlands, why do all of my soldier pops in my homeland evaporate even at 100% military spending, and how do I prevent it?

The problem is Australia is not an American democracy. Nations in North or South America which are democracies get huge bonuses to immigration (practically all the migrants go there). This may have changed in 1.4b though.

Unfortunately, no, and no.

Indian Sepoys will take Pondicherry and Goa when they unite the country, but you don't want them (they'll take the rest of India from the UK too.), and I've never seen them succeed.

I want to beable to get all the indian subnations into one giant british india so I can free it into a puppet India state, like you can do with Canada and Australia. So the only way to do that is to manage to get them out of my sphere and then decalre to anex?

I want to beable to get all the indian subnations into one giant british india so I can free it into a puppet India state, like you can do with Canada and Australia. So the only way to do that is to manage to get them out of my sphere and then decalre to anex?

Since there is very little chance of a released India not becoming a GP anyway, why not just let the Sepoys win?

Since there is very little chance of a released India not becoming a GP anyway, why not just let the Sepoys win?

Problem is that would create a free India when you want to puppet it. The only true ways to form India as a British puppet are to either annex all the Indian nations (through Conquest or Doctrine of Lapse) or let the Sepoys win, Restore Order to India, then release as a puppet. Which I'm sure you'll agree is very longwinded.