• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the last 2 games I've played (Russia then Spain) in the late 1800's my consciousness keeps peaking around 8.2-8.5 and my militancy hits 2 at its highest. I have a feeling this is fueling constant rebellions, yet noone wants reforms? I've tried switching to the communist party even and still they won't push through reforms.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I suspect it's because i'm under-taxing my people and they're living the high life, or am I missing something? (plus when poor taxes are set low, I seem to get more immigrants)

I can't for the life of me work out why this has been happening unless it's a change in 1.4 beta

The latest beta puts tobacco and coffee in short supply. If you don't have higher pretige than the UK you won't be able to buy them off the world market. They are life goods for the top status POPs and the lack of life goods makes those POPs more reactionary and blocks reform without huge MIL. You need to be a GP and conquer or sphere producers of those if you want to be able to get a reform minded UH.

CON is the biggest cause of emigration. Luxury consumption is a big booster of CON. Thus low taxes will tend to lead to your POPs heading for America.

If you are fed up with not having quite enough MIL for a reform, attack a minor and don't achieve all your wargoals.

Average CON steady at 8.5 and average MIL steady at 1.5 means about 85% of your population has CON 10, and 15% has MIL 10, and the rest have 0. 15% of your people with CON 10 and MIL 10 will generate lots of rebels.

Some of my factories are losing 75% of its output as they are missing maintanance goods...how can i change this and what is missing?

Look at the factory tooltip, there are several tooltips on factories and one has that information, to see which it is (cement and machine tools are the most common) and acquire a source of it. Build factories, sphere China, that sort of thing.

Look at the factory tooltip, there are several tooltips on factories and one has that information, to see which it is (cement and machine tools are the most common) and acquire a source of it. Build factories, sphere China, that sort of thing.
Thank you

and how is it possible that though i am producing hardware in 3 factories i still need to wait foreever to acquire hardware for building new factories? Shouldn't i take it directly from my production?

The latest beta puts tobacco and coffee in short supply. If you don't have higher pretige than the UK you won't be able to buy them off the world market. They are life goods for the top status POPs and the lack of life goods makes those POPs more reactionary and blocks reform without huge MIL. You need to be a GP and conquer or sphere producers of those if you want to be able to get a reform minded UH.

CON is the biggest cause of emigration. Luxury consumption is a big booster of CON. Thus low taxes will tend to lead to your POPs heading for America.

If you are fed up with not having quite enough MIL for a reform, attack a minor and don't achieve all your wargoals.

Average CON steady at 8.5 and average MIL steady at 1.5 means about 85% of your population has CON 10, and 15% has MIL 10, and the rest have 0. 15% of your people with CON 10 and MIL 10 will generate lots of rebels.

thank you

this explains a lot.. and makes me particularily sad that I colonized 1/3 of africa without going for any of the coffee or tobacco regions.

also didn't realise there is a newer 1.4 beta and this has been patched (i hope) :wacko:

How do truces work for allies?

I DoW someone my ally has no truce with, then an ally of my enemy honors their alliance call, and now my ally who has a truce with my enemy's ally, cannot join the war due to the truce?

Is there any way to tell in advance who will be prohibited by truce from joining? Is it the fact that this is an offensive war which disqualifies my ally? Why did my ally wait so long (I called allies from the get-go), since when I first DoWed, my ally had no disqualifying truce, that happened only after my enemy's friend joined. Had my ally's decision been made earlier, it could have been different.

I'd check using the diplomacy mapview - click on one of your allies, and every nation they have a truce with will be coloured dark blue.

It gets a bit confusing with allies and truces with the allies, and so on, though.

I am a GP and ranking #5 in prestige

Then you need to get more craftsmen into the factories that make what you are short of and/or sphere someone to grab their production as well. If the UK is above you in prestige, they are quite big enough to grab everything from the world market if they happen to want it.

I'd check using the diplomacy mapview - click on one of your allies, and every nation they have a truce with will be coloured dark blue.

It gets a bit confusing with allies and truces with the allies, and so on, though.

Thanks, yeah, that's the trouble. I'm 100% sure my ally did not have a truce with my target. But my ally did have a truce with my target's ally, and sat around a few days before joining the war, by which time the target's ally had joined, and my ally sat the war out. Since my ally was China, and my target's ally was the UK, this proved quite inconvenient.

I wish there was a War Planner, something like the peace negotiation table, which would explicitly tell us which of our allies will not join the war, which cannot join, etc. Not with more certainty than we have now, if it's maybe, it's maybe, just with more information.

Thanks, yeah, that's the trouble. I'm 100% sure my ally did not have a truce with my target. But my ally did have a truce with my target's ally, and sat around a few days before joining the war, by which time the target's ally had joined, and my ally sat the war out. Since my ally was China, and my target's ally was the UK, this proved quite inconvenient.

I wish there was a War Planner, something like the peace negotiation table, which would explicitly tell us which of our allies will not join the war, which cannot join, etc. Not with more certainty than we have now, if it's maybe, it's maybe, just with more information.

isn't all of this information provided when you hover the mouse over the 'call allies' tickbox right before declaring war?

How does one get a world map, such as this?

How does one get a world map, such as this?

hit F12 ingame, it'll save it to the screenshots folder in your Victoria 2 folder.

I have another question- I've seen some screenshots that seem to be showing the ethnicities/nationalities imposed over the map? is this part of a mod?

hit F12 ingame, it'll save it to the screenshots folder in your Victoria 2 folder.

I have another question- I've seen some screenshots that seem to be showing the ethnicities/nationalities imposed over the map? is this part of a mod?

For some reason, when I hit f12 and the map saves, it doesn't appear in my screenshot folder?

I've chosen to start a campaign with Sardinia and form Italy. I need to become a Great Power to take the Italian states from Austria SOI. Right now I am struggling on 10th, in 1839. Well, I know prestige should be fired up, as this is what I miss to catch up with Spain, but how can I gain it? My army is pretty small and I cannot conquer other states around. The cultural tab gave me enough research points for that technology to improve prestige, but it's still low.
Also, what do I need to do to fire up my army?
I use 6th September patch, with PDM mod installed.