• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello! Started as South Africa now and decided not to fall in the same trap as when I played Australia, and it is to my understanding a succesful Jacobin revolt will make me a democracy (I am a HM's gov). Any good ways for provoking such a rebellion?

Edit: Does any other rebellion work? I got an anarcho-liberal rebellion and a reactionary rebellion in the making now.

An anarcho-liberal rebellion will turn you into a bourgeois dictatorship, while an a reactionary rebellion will turn you into an absolute monarchy.

An anarcho-liberal rebellion will turn you into a bourgeois dictatorship, while an a reactionary rebellion will turn you into an absolute monarchy.

Any idea on how it would affect my reforms? I got some pretty liberal reforms going, almost all on the most liberal in political reforms and most of the social reforms about halfway. I know I could turn a dictatorship and then go for a democracy but will it be hard to get those reforms back to where they were? Will I like have a big liberal majority that will make me do a new reform every month? And how much will they be affected when I turn a dictatorship?

Don't reactionaries knock you back to Prussian Constitutionalism if you have HMS_Gov?

Not as far as I know, but I've never paid great attention to it.

Any idea on how it would affect my reforms? I got some pretty liberal reforms going, almost all on the most liberal in political reforms and most of the social reforms about halfway. I know I could turn a dictatorship and then go for a democracy but will it be hard to get those reforms back to where they were? Will I like have a big liberal majority that will make me do a new reform every month? And how much will they be affected when I turn a dictatorship?

Dictatorships tend not to have that much trouble reforming; you can use everyone's desire for basic voting rights to enact the less important reforms first, before going down that line. You may have a problem if get "Ruling party only", though, as you may not be able to get the upper house support necessary.

Dictatorships tend not to have that much trouble reforming; you can use everyone's desire for basic voting rights to enact the less important reforms first, before going down that line. You may have a problem if get "Ruling party only", though, as you may not be able to get the upper house support necessary.

Alright thanks, I think I'll try to let the revolters win and if it all goes bad I can always revert back to a backup save from before they win. Thanks for all the answers again man, but no good way to provoke jacobins?

Alright thanks, I think I'll try to let the revolters win and if it all goes bad I can always revert back to a backup save from before they win. Thanks for all the answers again man, but no good way to provoke jacobins?
I've seen Jacobins form from a suffrage movement that grew out of control.

As Austria, I started a war against Tuscany to cut them down to size and add them to my sphere. France intervened. Those war goals together have a war score value of 100... which is easy to enforce on Tuscany, but now I can only negotiate with France. I have sufficient manpower to defend Austria, but not to occupy France in any significant way. I have Tuscany fully occupied, but neither war goal has ticking war score. Even if I eventually reach +50 battle score from defending, I'll only be at about 60 war score. Should I expect France to ever be willing to make peace in my favor?

do backdoor diplomacy.

Add a humiliate wargoal, or some other wargoal, on France.
Then negotiate with Tuscany. IF you have wargoals on multiple countries, you can negotiate with the individuals for THEIR goals at THEIR warscore against you.

Bad part? You'll probably end up loosing the infamy and prestige if you white peace against France. BUT you will have gained your other goals.

Also: Very odd that you want to Cut to Size Tuscany. 11 infamy is a large amount for a 1 state country.

Is it just me or the game is running much slower in the newest patch? It feels so sluggish compared to even the beta patch. I don't think anything in particular changed about my pc, all the specs are the same and game is in the same folder as it was before. ;c

do backdoor diplomacy.

Add a humiliate wargoal, or some other wargoal, on France.
Then negotiate with Tuscany. IF you have wargoals on multiple countries, you can negotiate with the individuals for THEIR goals at THEIR warscore against you.

Bad part? You'll probably end up loosing the infamy and prestige if you white peace against France. BUT you will have gained your other goals.

Also: Very odd that you want to Cut to Size Tuscany. 11 infamy is a large amount for a 1 state country.

I'd already tried that, and it doesn't work. If I add a humiliate war goal on France, I still can't negotiate with Tuscany. According to the tooltip, it's due to France's Status Quo war goal. (France intervened, rather than being called as an ally.)

Also, the casus bellis were because Tuscany got a revolution when it was in my sphere. (It may just be PDM that does that.)

Is it just me or the game is running much slower in the newest patch? It feels so sluggish compared to even the beta patch. I don't think anything in particular changed about my pc, all the specs are the same and game is in the same folder as it was before. ;c
Have you defragged lately? I have found it can really make a difference with this game.

"causas belli" being such an important element, I can't seem to find any way to keep track of the ones I have on other nations. Am I missing something embarrassingly obvious or is it just not there to be found.

A simple list of whatever active CBs I have at my command.

"causas belli" being such an important element, I can't seem to find any way to keep track of the ones I have on other nations. Am I missing something embarrassingly obvious or is it just not there to be found.

A simple list of whatever active CBs I have at my command.

When you select a nation in the diplomacy screen, and then select the Wars tab, you can see what casus belli you have on that country. I don't think there's any central list, though.

I read about someone conquering Mexican provinces, so the minorities will assimilate to your primary culture. What minorities are these? Mayans? Are there other minorities worth assimilating in the world? Maybe somewhere in Asia?
And why will the Mayans assimilate, while they are an accepted culture in Mexico and Mexico still has a core there?

Is there a way to assimilate pops, though they have a core on the land? E.g. when you conquer the Rhineland as France to assimilate the Germans there?