• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to fight in lousy terrain with lousy army?

E.g., BRZ vs. PAR 1836. I have 18,000 inf/9,000 cav, they have 9,000 inf. One province (my core) has supply 24, others 3-6. If I go into those provinces with a force big enough to win I take lots of attrition, which hurts my solder POPs, which then take years to recover.

Are there AI behaviors I can use to my advantage here?

I've seen several people here say that 'Anti-Military' parties hurt your military score. Is that just because you can't run soldier pay at 100% causing a few of your soldiers to demote, or does it hamper your score via other mechanisms as well? Does the government's military policy have any impact on the new Naval Supply mechanic? I haven't payed close attention to see if anything besides number of bases effects that.

Supply consumption goes down, so spending goes down.

How to fight in lousy terrain with lousy army?

E.g., BRZ vs. PAR 1836. I have 18,000 inf/9,000 cav, they have 9,000 inf. One province (my core) has supply 24, others 3-6. If I go into those provinces with a force big enough to win I take lots of attrition, which hurts my solder POPs, which then take years to recover.

Are there AI behaviors I can use to my advantage here?

You may be able to get the AI army to chase one of your units round and round a jungle route so its them that take the attrition while you carpet siege them with your other troops. Its a lot easier if you have a general with good movement bonus and they don't, but its usually possible to win early S American wars without fighting a battle with this technique.

You should be able to join all European crises, so long as you're a Great Power. However, because you don't have land in Europe, you aren't invited to take part once the crisis begins. (This is good, because otherwise you would get a prestige penalty for deciding not to join.) However, if either side still needs a Great Power to back them, they may ask you to do so, even though you're not in Europe. That's why you'll be invited to some crises but not others.

If a crisis starts that you haven't been invited to, go to the crisis screen and press the button with the elegantly dressed gentleman in the "Still on the Fence" area. Now you're a participant. Be warned that if the crisis is resolved without you having chosen a side, you lose prestige.

Thanks for the response. I know how to join crisis but I don't even have the option. Once the crisis starts I will get a notification that it happened but if I go to the screen the button isn't there. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the crisis that I can join and I can't.

Someone knows how different Upper house political groups change their support percentages?

I mean... i.e. Sometimes, conservative are 0% in favour of reforms. Eventually, they are 20% in favour of reforms.

I cant see why do this happens.

Thanks for the response. I know how to join crisis but I don't even have the option. Once the crisis starts I will get a notification that it happened but if I go to the screen the button isn't there. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the crisis that I can join and I can't.

Are you at war? You can't join any crises when you're at war.

Someone knows how different Upper house political groups change their support percentages?

I mean... i.e. Sometimes, conservative are 0% in favour of reforms. Eventually, they are 20% in favour of reforms.

I cant see why do this happens.

I talked about this for Vanilla and AHD in my tutorials (which you can read in my signature). The quick answer is it's MIL or Movements. MIL/Movements can convince conservatives to support reforms.

Are you at war? You can't join any crises when you're at war.

I talked about this for Vanilla and AHD in my tutorials (which you can read in my signature). The quick answer is it's MIL or Movements. MIL/Movements can convince conservatives to support reforms.
That is probably it. I am a dummy. Sorry for wasting everyones time!

Im gonna check these tutorials

I m slowly turning my upper house more reform desiring, CON went to 8 and finally the Landed VOTE poped... Then... after a while it went again to 0 as constitutionalism limited arised... now im on the elections.

You may be able to get the AI army to chase one of your units round and round a jungle route so its them that take the attrition while you carpet siege them with your other troops. Its a lot easier if you have a general with good movement bonus and they don't, but its usually possible to win early S American wars without fighting a battle with this technique.

Not if it is their country and their army is smaller than 15k (3 attrition limit x 5 = 15).

What is needed to make GP ally with me? I have 200 relations and am a secondary power, but it is all impossible?

Hi, just wanted to ask two quick questions:

1. I'm currently playing a game as Prussia, I formed "the German Empire" and everything went fine so far. On screenshots of other people I saw a "Germany". How is that formed and is it different from "the German Empire"?
2. In my game I'm colonizing in Africa. In the region dialog (or whatever its called) you have the option to make a colony or a protectorate out of it for some colonial points, I'm not quite sure. Can someone explain, what that means and what pros or cons that has?

1. I'm currently playing a game as Prussia, I formed "the German Empire" and everything went fine so far. On screenshots of other people I saw a "Germany". How is that formed and is it different from "the German Empire"?
It's formed in exactly the same way. Countries' names and flags (and, in HoD, map colours) can change to reflect what government they have. "German Empire" means you are tag GER and have Absolute Monarchy or Prussian Constitutionalism; "Germany" means you are tag GER and have HM's Government or Democracy.
2. In my game I'm colonizing in Africa. In the region dialog (or whatever its called) you have the option to make a colony or a protectorate out of it for some colonial points, I'm not quite sure. Can someone explain, what that means and what pros or cons that has?
Forming a Protectorate makes the area into part of your country; converting the Protectorate to a Colony makes it run more efficiently (but ties up slightly more colonial points).