• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm curious if there is a way to Annex States that are one state, allied, and in your sphere?

I accidentally sphere Krakow as Germany and now I have alittle nation in the middle of my country and I cant get it out of my sphere to take it by force nor can I find a way to anex it otherwise?

No. There is no way, unless you are a Cultural Union country and they are part of your cultural union (for example, Germany annexing an independent and sphered Bavaria).

If you sphere a country, you cannot attack it, as you certainly noticed. So keep in mind: Only sphere countries you don't plan on annexing/attacking later. If a sphered country is a secondary power with low relations towards the sphere leader, they may get an option to leave your sphere, and the sphere leader would get an event with a CB against them.

Why is it, that my population in Two Sicilies constantly falls? I've tried lowering taxes, encouraging the poor, all sorts - even as a Great Power my population just isn't growing. After Annexing Tunisia I have 2.2m, up from 1.8m - it's now about 5years later and I'm back down to 1.9m! Any ideas / input greatly appreciated

The cause is probably emigration due to high consciousness. This thread might be useful.

Anyone have an answer to my questions? This is why I dislike these MASSIVE questions threads, noone actually reads them.

The title's wrong. It should be "Quick Questions / Slow And/Or Wrong Answers"

I know about both the ports and your problem with Krakow:

1. Some provinces don't have ports. It's a mistake.

Look at Cyprus, the northernmost province has no port.

2. You have to get another GP to remove them from your sphere. How do you "accidentally" add someone to your sphere? Did you mis-click?
I would also like to know about the annexation question. I've seen the UK annex some of the Indian states without a war, but I assume that to be through some sort of Event specific to the UK.

It's called "The Doctrine Of Lapse" and allows GB to annex a nation in India that is its satellite, uncivilised, and with <15 infamy.

Why is it, that my population in Two Sicilies constantly falls? I've tried lowering taxes, encouraging the poor, all sorts - even as a Great Power my population just isn't growing. After Annexing Tunisia I have 2.2m, up from 1.8m - it's now about 5years later and I'm back down to 1.9m! Any ideas / input greatly appreciated

It's almost certainly emigration to North/South America. You can't stop them leaving.

Thanks!

Another question: Do generals ever "take over" a battle? That is, General A with -2 Defense gets attacked by the enemy, and then General B with +3 defense comes in to reinforce the position. Are you stuck with General A until the battle is over? What if you retreat General A after General B has joined?

Thanks!

Another question: Do generals ever "take over" a battle? That is, General A with -2 Defense gets attacked by the enemy, and then General B with +3 defense comes in to reinforce the position. Are you stuck with General A until the battle is over? What if you retreat General A after General B has joined?

I think you're stuck with General A unless he is killed.

As for retreating I'm not sure, as it used to be that if you retreated an army you lost the battle. Go and find out for us all.

Thanks!

I don't know about the first question, but I vaguely remember retreating the army of General A, and General B would then be the leader. However, in a case where there are General B, C, D and E in a battle, and you retreat General A, I'm not really sure how the game chooses who "takes over" the battle.

Also how do i see my infamy and infamy limit?

Click on your country icon in the top left to get to the diplo screen. Switch to wars, and the Infamy of your country is listed.

To add to safferli's post, infamy limit is always 25 unless you are playing with a mod.

You can mouseover your infamy to check the limit, if you want.

Thanks!

Unless you select and retreat BOTH armies, the general of the army that remained will take over. if there are several generals in several armies however, I dunno what is the priority the system uses to choose the leading general.

The title's wrong. It should be "Quick Questions / Slow And/Or Wrong Answers"

I know about both the ports and your problem with Krakow:

1. Some provinces don't have ports. It's a mistake.

Look at Cyprus, the northernmost province has no port.

2. You have to get another GP to remove them from your sphere. How do you "accidentally" add someone to your sphere? Did you mis-click?

I didn't miss click, I sphered them before I had the opportunity presented to take parts of Poland from Russia.

Mis-clicking does bring to another question.

Is there any way to auto set answers to province questions?

I am getting like 2-3 popup messages a second, many overlap before I can answer the first causing me to answer them wrong and its honestly getting tedious just clicking them away, especially for ones like 'this province got this bonus' or 'this province became a core' because there are no options its just something else to click away. There should be an option to like...

If I click 'let immigrants build houses in this province' to allow it for all provinces.

Do ports scale with provinces or # of ports in warscore? i.e. I have 3 costal provinces that are 3 WS ea. If I expand inland, will those 3 still have 3.0 ea or will it be 2.6 (or some lesser number) due to province number?

smeagolthevile: No, not that I know of.

AdeptusM: I believe it's number of ports rather than provinces. Thus if you had a huge empire with one port province, it'd still be worth 25 WS (as it is for blockading all ports)

So which way should I tech, I am currently doing, grab needed cultural techs, until research tech appears, and then research that, and while i am waiting grab other techs, such as industry and commerce.

I’m playing currently as Denmark->Scandinavian and got in war with Austrian. The problem is now, that I took before a north part ob Bavaria before and now try to protect it from occupation with help of guess twice: Bavaria. There for I took Bavaria in my Share with thought to make alliance with them. But it’s “impossible” all the time even with relations 200. Is that because I have some cores of them, or just a bug? If it’s a bug, then I will correct it, if not, then I must live with it :)

About national focus. It is to say, that its only adults of you primary culture count. For example forming Germany as Prussia you don’t get more NF. So its can be wise to form German only later in the game. I had the same problem as Denmark. It’s hard to compete among great nations like France and Austria when you have only half million prime culture.

So which way should I tech, I am currently doing, grab needed cultural techs, until research tech appears, and then research that, and while i am waiting grab other techs, such as industry and commerce.

That's pretty much what I do. Out of the gate I generally try for Ideological Thought for the +50% to plurality. By the time that's researched you'll be coming up on 1840, at which point second philosophy tech will unlock. For low literacy nations you'll want to get the educational efficiency techs as soon as you possibly can.

I try to keep to a rule of one military tech for every non-military one to avoid falling too far behind other countries in my ability to make war, but all the same I'll grab a bunch of civilian techs one after the other and then make up the difference later.

I’m playing currently as Denmark->Scandinavian and got in war with Austrian. The problem is now, that I took before a north part ob Bavaria before and now try to protect it from occupation with help of guess twice: Bavaria. There for I took Bavaria in my Share with thought to make alliance with them. But it’s “impossible” all the time even with relations 200. Is that because I have some cores of them, or just a bug? If it’s a bug, then I will correct it, if not, then I must live with it :)

It's not a bug. Bavaria won't form an alliance with you when you're occupying some of its core territories.

About national focus. It is to say, that its only adults of you primary culture count. For example forming Germany as Prussia you don’t get more NF. So its can be wise to form German only later in the game. I had the same problem as Denmark. It’s hard to compete among great nations like France and Austria when you have only half million prime culture.

Forming the NGF or Germany as Prussia will get you more primary-cultured North Germans, so it should increase the number of NFs you have. For smaller states like Denmark with a Danish primary culture then there's nothing you can do except hope for assimilation.

I think it's because you have a core that belonged to them. It seems the AI is reluctant to ally with someone who has their cores, even though they're in your sphere of influence.

2 questions:

Playing as NGF, I tried to attack Austria, but somehow I cant. I can select the declare war button but there arent any war gaols :eek: Even after changing to the Reactionary or Konservatice party it wasnt possible. Same with Bohemia-Moravia.

The administrative effeciency in some regions is just not inreasing. Even after setting NF on beaurocrats.

Sry 4 ma baad english