+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 283 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 95 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

Anyone have an answer to my questions? This is why I dislike these MASSIVE questions threads, noone actually reads them.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I would also like to know about the annexation question. I've seen the UK annex some of the Indian states without a war, but I assume that to be through some sort of Event specific to the UK.
    Cheers,
    Cromagnon

Why is it, that my population in Two Sicilies constantly falls? I've tried lowering taxes, encouraging the poor, all sorts - even as a Great Power my population just isn't growing. After Annexing Tunisia I have 2.2m, up from 1.8m - it's now about 5years later and I'm back down to 1.9m! Any ideas / input greatly appreciated

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    I'm curious if there is a way to Annex States that are one state, allied, and in your sphere?

I accidentally sphere Krakow as Germany and now I have alittle nation in the middle of my country and I cant get it out of my sphere to take it by force nor can I find a way to anex it otherwise?
    No. There is no way, unless you are a Cultural Union country and they are part of your cultural union (for example, Germany annexing an independent and sphered Bavaria).

If you sphere a country, you cannot attack it, as you certainly noticed. So keep in mind: Only sphere countries you don't plan on annexing/attacking later. If a sphered country is a secondary power with low relations towards the sphere leader, they may get an option to leave your sphere, and the sphere leader would get an event with a CB against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pevs86 View Post
    Why is it, that my population in Two Sicilies constantly falls? I've tried lowering taxes, encouraging the poor, all sorts - even as a Great Power my population just isn't growing. After Annexing Tunisia I have 2.2m, up from 1.8m - it's now about 5years later and I'm back down to 1.9m! Any ideas / input greatly appreciated
    The cause is probably emigration due to high consciousness. This thread might be useful.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    Anyone have an answer to my questions? This is why I dislike these MASSIVE questions threads, noone actually reads them.
    The title's wrong. It should be "Quick Questions / Slow And/Or Wrong Answers"

I know about both the ports and your problem with Krakow:

1. Some provinces don't have ports. It's a mistake.

Look at Cyprus, the northernmost province has no port.

2. You have to get another GP to remove them from your sphere. How do you "accidentally" add someone to your sphere? Did you mis-click?
    Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonX View Post
    I would also like to know about the annexation question. I've seen the UK annex some of the Indian states without a war, but I assume that to be through some sort of Event specific to the UK.
    It's called "The Doctrine Of Lapse" and allows GB to annex a nation in India that is its satellite, uncivilised, and with <15 infamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pevs86 View Post
    It's almost certainly emigration to North/South America. You can't stop them leaving.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Thanks!

Another question: Do generals ever "take over" a battle? That is, General A with -2 Defense gets attacked by the enemy, and then General B with +3 defense comes in to reinforce the position. Are you stuck with General A until the battle is over? What if you retreat General A after General B has joined?
    Cheers,
    Cromagnon

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Thanks!

Another question: Do generals ever "take over" a battle? That is, General A with -2 Defense gets attacked by the enemy, and then General B with +3 defense comes in to reinforce the position. Are you stuck with General A until the battle is over? What if you retreat General A after General B has joined?
    I think you're stuck with General A unless he is killed.

As for retreating I'm not sure, as it used to be that if you retreated an army you lost the battle. Go and find out for us all.

Victoria 2

if i want to raise soldier pops asaü what are the best settings? high low tax/low medium and max military spending? Anything else?
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus9 View Post
    if i want to raise soldier pops asaü what are the best settings? high low tax/low medium and max military spending? Anything else?
    Uh... you asked this on the previous page.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks!

I don't know about the first question, but I vaguely remember retreating the army of General A, and General B would then be the leader. However, in a case where there are General B, C, D and E in a battle, and you retreat General A, I'm not really sure how the game chooses who "takes over" the battle.

Which tech do I need to unlock the dye factory?

Also how do i see my infamy and infamy limit?
    Learning the Hard Way: An Iroquois AAR
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by -MoRiDin- View Post
    Also how do i see my infamy and infamy limit?
    Click on your country icon in the top left to get to the diplo screen. Switch to wars, and the Infamy of your country is listed.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

500k club

To add to safferli's post, infamy limit is always 25 unless you are playing with a mod.

You can mouseover your infamy to check the limit, if you want.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks!

Unless you select and retreat BOTH armies, the general of the army that remained will take over. if there are several generals in several armies however, I dunno what is the priority the system uses to choose the leading general.

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    The title's wrong. It should be "Quick Questions / Slow And/Or Wrong Answers"

I know about both the ports and your problem with Krakow:

1. Some provinces don't have ports. It's a mistake.

Look at Cyprus, the northernmost province has no port.

2. You have to get another GP to remove them from your sphere. How do you "accidentally" add someone to your sphere? Did you mis-click?
    I didn't miss click, I sphered them before I had the opportunity presented to take parts of Poland from Russia.

Mis-clicking does bring to another question.

Is there any way to auto set answers to province questions?

I am getting like 2-3 popup messages a second, many overlap before I can answer the first causing me to answer them wrong and its honestly getting tedious just clicking them away, especially for ones like 'this province got this bonus' or 'this province became a core' because there are no options its just something else to click away. There should be an option to like...

If I click 'let immigrants build houses in this province' to allow it for all provinces.

Do ports scale with provinces or # of ports in warscore? i.e. I have 3 costal provinces that are 3 WS ea. If I expand inland, will those 3 still have 3.0 ea or will it be 2.6 (or some lesser number) due to province number?

500k club

smeagolthevile: No, not that I know of.

AdeptusM: I believe it's number of ports rather than provinces. Thus if you had a huge empire with one port province, it'd still be worth 25 WS (as it is for blockading all ports)

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So which way should I tech, I am currently doing, grab needed cultural techs, until research tech appears, and then research that, and while i am waiting grab other techs, such as industry and commerce.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

500k club

I do similar things tech wise.

I tend to make a beeline for colonisation technology.

I’m playing currently as Denmark->Scandinavian and got in war with Austrian. The problem is now, that I took before a north part ob Bavaria before and now try to protect it from occupation with help of guess twice: Bavaria. There for I took Bavaria in my Share with thought to make alliance with them. But it’s “impossible” all the time even with relations 200. Is that because I have some cores of them, or just a bug? If it’s a bug, then I will correct it, if not, then I must live with it

About national focus. It is to say, that its only adults of you primary culture count. For example forming Germany as Prussia you don’t get more NF. So its can be wise to form German only later in the game. I had the same problem as Denmark. It’s hard to compete among great nations like France and Austria when you have only half million prime culture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 283 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 95 120 ... LastLast