• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would it be possible to mod the game so that non-accepted bureaucrats will demote?
You can certainly mod the game to make all non-accepted POPs (or even just all non-accepted POPs of a certain social stratum) more likely to demote (by adding appropriate factors to the demotion_chance section of common\pop_types.txt). Whether you can further restrict the effect to a single POP type, I don't know.

I wouldn't recommend it. You end up blobbing /way/ too quickly and conquering everything.

This is exactly what I desire :)

I play gamey and with cheats... I have spent countless hours on Paradox games as a history sandbox. I create all sorts of ahistorical games with the console and events and mods, etc. :cool:

I'm playing as the NGF with HoD. I go to declare war on Austria with Assert Hegemony, and it tells me I have no valid casus belli. Is this a bug? If so, how do I fix it? And if not, how do I get the South German states in my SoI?

Hegemony is not available until you have Nationalism&Imperialism.

Or fabricate a Liberate Country CB against Austria and force them to release Hungary, which has a good chance of knocking them out of GP status.

Why is there no pre-dreadnought between the ironclads and dreadnoughts? For that matter, why was the total number of possible ships drastically cut down overall? It's really weird to have a navy full of ironclads and cruisers in 1895.

Why is there no pre-dreadnought between the ironclads and dreadnoughts?
There is in HoD. It's simply called "battleship", since that's what those ships were called at the time.

is there any way to keep your artisans from all becoming reactionaries if you enact the early meji restoration as Japan?

I've tried negative tariffs and 50% tax on the middle class and half of them are still constantly starving.

Best way of keeping supply costs down for your Army/Navy and stockpiling said supplies? im a bit clueless on this part of the game... do Factories producing these goods help?

Best way of keeping supply costs down for your Army/Navy and stockpiling said supplies? im a bit clueless on this part of the game... do Factories producing these goods help?

To stockpile, set trade to manual on the item you want to stockpile with a buy order on the size of the stockpile (BUY 500 will keep buying until you have 500 stockpiled). You need HoD if you want to set your slider to low army consumption without also nuking your infrastructure purchases. Prior to that stay at peace, have a pacifist government in power, don't research any military tech, only keep a minimal army and fleet.

You can squeeze the army/navy by setting a BUY 0 order manually on goods that are only used by them, but you can't keep a stockpile if you do that.

Ah, OK. Any recommendations on sphering the South German states before I research that tech?

1. Historical way (Greater Prussian solution)

a. Start sphering Saxony till you are descredited. If they go above the 25 influence to dicredit, stop sphering at around 30. Continue with Holstein/Danmark, go back to saxony when the discredit effect wears off.

b. Until Victoria incrownistation (?- sorry bad english) you will have saxony at last sphered off austria. If they aren't in your sphere allready, not that bad.

c. Get Hannover, Holstein, Saxony and Sphere Danmark or DoW them for Danish Schleswig-Holstein.

e. Research Railway and build as much as you can in the southern german states. Sphere them off buy using the same method as with saxony. Roatate around everytime you get discredited. If you have the effect in all three states at the same time, go for luxemburg, belgium or swiss.

f. Get all of the southern states in your sphere and attack France for AL. Form Germany

2. Greater German solution

For the upside: you get alot more soldier pops, useful early resources, oil in hungarian parts in late game and direct acess to the mediterrain sea, aswell as more naval bases which leads to higher colonial power when it comes to the scramble for africa. Releasing Hungary from Austria by war will result in not having the rich oil fields hungary gets later in the game. IMO not a good idea.

For the downside: The process can be hard, especially if you have problems with adding wargoals. The early war against austria can be tricky because you have to fight all southern german states aswell. If you formed Greater Germany, your literacy drops to ~50%. You have to go for biologism if you take this way.

a. Sphere off Saxony (as mentioned above)

b. Make a aquire state CB against Austria to take away bohemia. Start the war and add humiliate. This should already knock them out of GP status. Try to allie with GB, if not Russia will do and Austria will allie with France. Then you have to go with Spain or sth. which is not preferable.

c. Form NGF (you sphered off Saxony before the war)

d. Wait for the truce to run off, sphere southern german states and austria. If they regain GP status, just take southern german states.

e. Fight France for AL

f. Now you are ready to form Greater Germany or you'll need an additional war against austria (if they recovered from the early war). Make another aquire state CB, beat them until they fall out GP status again (do not make peace until this point) and add the "add to sphere" wargoal. Try to enact voting for pruissan const. so you can hopefully attract pops fpr jingoism in election events. The possibility to add wargoals is very important with this strategy. If can't add them due to a lack of Jingos, continue the war. Keep winning battles and keep taking provinces. Slow but steady you'll reach the needed number.

Last edited:
Crisis seems kinda rare huh? My 1st game with 3.02 beta patch. It is now 1845 and not even a hot spot yet.
What's your general experience?

Don't expect them until the late 1850's...exceptions are in cases of a conquered people demanding liberation: I've seen Belgium released in a crisis shortly following Dutch conquest.