• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Game work that way:)
RGO output = population x techs+inventions x infrastructure

When China westernize, they usually are top1 producer of basic good due to large population.
For example iron mine in Chengde have 1,5 mln workers -> usually this same amount as half of Europe:)

First my comment about China was at the start of the 1831 scenario they produce 4X they production of the leading European producerl!
So we have a game where resource production is based on nothing in reality yet pretend to reflect the world of 1831-1921.
This is what is wrong with historical simulations that cannot even get the facts right for the period. It takes so little effort with google today.
Minor issue shows me you have very little understanding of economics and what made European powers so powerful and able to raise such effective and large armies. Technology and resources meant power. This game then is like playing a Steampunk version of a very interesting period.

Edit: You can mod game -> history/provinces or history/countries. Remove rgo coal from france, and remove their techs.
Honestly for me is a minor issue who is producing more coal, or sth:)

Quess that could work but it just means their is too little coal in production.

I could do that and then reduce the number of mine porducing regions around the world. Labor intensive but might work.

Thanks for the feedback I can see now how poorly the designers really thought about the implications of a calculation and its effect on a reasonable facimily of the the period.
I just think it is ridiculous if your are the UK that you loose your bigggest benifit of the period which was its massive lead in production of many reosurces and factory produced goods. What made England a Great Power was not its army and its navy was great against overseas possessions but being cut off from British trade and even more importantly investment was critical.

The nation that gets an invention first gets the most prestige. Is there a way to see which inventions nobody else has invented yet?

I don't think so, but the technology research screen shows the current amount of prestige you will get for the discoveries in each tech. So like...Impressionism...if you hover over it before it's available to research you will see that each discovery gives something like 25. Later they show up as less as people discover it. Eventually it drops to 1. That's the only way I know.

Do bonuses from your forts apply to all combats in a province or only when you're defending?

Like if someone is occupying my province and I attack them, is it only useful for buying me time to respond or does it actually give my troops a bonus?

Which are the new techs in HoD for colonization?
Prophylaxis against Malaria (-5 LR; Medicine), Mission to Civilize (-10 LR; State & Government + one of Market Regulations, Naval Statistics, or Nationalism & Imperialism), and Colonial Negotiations (+10; Breech-Loading Rifles + one of Machine Guns, Economic Responsibility, or Naval Logistics). MtC and CN have an additional effect which is that as soon as anyone gets them, they will eventually spread to everyone who has the basic prerequisite (State & Government for MtC, Breech-Loading Rifles for CN).

Why is it that I keep being a Secondary Power despite having been #7-8 for almost 2 years?
I knew it was not immediate, you have to wait a year, but I am pretty sure this requirement is fulfilled. On second thought, should the soon-to-be secondary power at peace? Because if this is the requirement, it would be impossible since France is warmongering without pausing with every GP!

Can be one of the two:

1. You can't be a great power if you only have one state. Conquer something! :)

2. Countries don't drop from GP when at war, so need to wait patiently for someone's final demise and surrender.

I am S-P
1- Already own Lombardy, thanks to Prussia who forced Austria to release it (and then I acquired it).
2- Oh boy. I suppose I'll never became Italy (at least without Garibaldi), since France Sphered also 2Sic...

I am S-P
1- Already own Lombardy, thanks to Prussia who forced Austria to release it (and then I acquired it).
2- Oh boy. I suppose I'll never became Italy (at least without Garibaldi), since France Sphered also 2Sic...

You can. Just do this: Full influence into one selected target. When France discredits you, full influence into something else, abandoning your first target completely. With some techs and luck (France getting to fight for Belgium and the Netherlands with someone else), you should take Italy out of the French SOI in no time.

AI will never ban you if you stop influencing after you are discredited.

Bigger they are, harder they fall.

Would be a cool feature if you could assign government officials to colonies and have traits similar to generals but management instead with either good or bad ones to either benefit or cause revolts in colonies that could be serious and you will have deploy forces to crush them. In this period there were serious revolts in parts of Africa and other colonies caused by some bad administration there that usually ended in revolts and been suppressed by Government forces.

After all i don't want my armies standing Idle for so long after only annexing smaller countries and fighting in Great Wars.

Another feature could be losing a smaller nation that causes a great defeat to professional army should go against the party in government in the next election as sometimes they can survive or being thrown out, like what happened at Isandlwana in 1879 caused Disraeli to weakened his government and led to his party's defeat in the 1880 election.

Do War Subsidies in HoD significantly influence the chance of an AI player (e.g. the Confederacy) winning over another power in a war? The option was brought to my attention in a let's play and I wonder if it will have a significant impact now that the map is so much more dynamic.

Do War Subsidies in HoD significantly influence the chance of an AI player (e.g. the Confederacy) winning over another power in a war? The option was brought to my attention in a let's play and I wonder if it will have a significant impact now that the map is so much more dynamic.

Well, they don't do too much, but after seeing tens of games wherein the CSA was defeated, I decided to fund them and they survived.