• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Columbia, when I add countries like Brazil, Chile, Argentina to my sphere, my economy tanks like crazy. I'll go from +30 to -100, and no matter how much I raise taxes, my income continues to plummet. What are some likely causes and how do I stabilize the situation?

The only thing I can think of is that the new sphere nations have RGOs that go into your market and compete with the RGO resources in your country. This may decrease your tax base because the prices drop because all of a sudden, say coffee, becomes way more plentiful. Are you getting unemployment from your RGOs also? If so this might be the problem. Other than that I really can't hazard a guess why.

I started up a game as Oranje, and I have 0 Infamy and 200 Relations with Transvaal, and neither of us have allies, they refuse to ally with me. Is there some sort of reason for this, or are they just jerks?

Check and see if they they are in the UK sphere of influence. If that's the case then they probably won't ally with you. You'll have to ally with the UK instead. Sometimes if they have friendly relations with a GP they get be jerks too. :)

As Columbia, when I add countries like Brazil, Chile, Argentina to my sphere, my economy tanks like crazy. I'll go from +30 to -100, and no matter how much I raise taxes, my income continues to plummet. What are some likely causes and how do I stabilize the situation?

It might be because you were used to importing a lot of goods from these countries and getting a lot of money in tariffs. Sphere countries don't get tariffs (this is technically a good thing because it makes your industries run at higher profit). If possible compare a save from before and a save after and see where the income changes. It could be in tariffs, it could also be in military/stockpile spending (if goods previously unavailable to you became available because your sphereling is selling them and you get first dibs). Those are the likely culprits. If it were what brycef suggested in an overabundance of resources that would probably be a slower transition, and would lead to faster industrialization as farmers head to the factories. Generally when this happens tax income increases as craftsmen often make more money than RGO workers.

It might be because you were used to importing a lot of goods from these countries and getting a lot of money in tariffs. Sphere countries don't get tariffs (this is technically a good thing because it makes your industries run at higher profit). If possible compare a save from before and a save after and see where the income changes. It could be in tariffs, it could also be in military/stockpile spending (if goods previously unavailable to you became available because your sphereling is selling them and you get first dibs). Those are the likely culprits. If it were what brycef suggested in an overabundance of resources that would probably be a slower transition, and would lead to faster industrialization as farmers head to the factories. Generally when this happens tax income increases as craftsmen often make more money than RGO workers.

That sounds more logical than what I proposed.

Here is my situation: I and my ally have a truce with country X. I DoW a nation which X is allied with. Now, X is allowed to "break" the truce and answer the call of my target, which is inconvenient but fine, however, my ally is not allowed into the war even though it has no truce with the target of the DoW? Does my ally know that X will answer the call? Does it wait to find out? My alliance is not broken, fwiw.

Question about this province and it's lack of a port?

I'm just curious why this province in Italy does NOT have a port?

6354C7452A27C529365B32CC2694462E13DC0FB3

Anexing without War?

I'm curious if there is a way to Annex States that are one state, allied, and in your sphere?

I accidentally sphere Krakow as Germany and now I have alittle nation in the middle of my country and I cant get it out of my sphere to take it by force nor can I find a way to anex it otherwise?

I would also like to know about the annexation question. I've seen the UK annex some of the Indian states without a war, but I assume that to be through some sort of Event specific to the UK.

Why is it, that my population in Two Sicilies constantly falls? I've tried lowering taxes, encouraging the poor, all sorts - even as a Great Power my population just isn't growing. After Annexing Tunisia I have 2.2m, up from 1.8m - it's now about 5years later and I'm back down to 1.9m! Any ideas / input greatly appreciated