+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 307 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 44 69 94 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers Thread

After a veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy long war against Austria (as Prussia) I finally got them down to be a 2nd power. Since I already had conquered 60% of their land it was really easy to get them into my sphere (by CB add to sphere). But now, after my game crashed and I had to load an old auto safe, they aren't in my sphere anymore? :OOOOOO

As Columbia, when I add countries like Brazil, Chile, Argentina to my sphere, my economy tanks like crazy. I'll go from +30 to -100, and no matter how much I raise taxes, my income continues to plummet. What are some likely causes and how do I stabilize the situation?

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Maggix View Post
    After a veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy long war against Austria (as Prussia) I finally got them down to be a 2nd power. Since I already had conquered 60% of their land it was really easy to get them into my sphere (by CB add to sphere). But now, after my game crashed and I had to load an old auto safe, they aren't in my sphere anymore? :OOOOOO
    This why you should save during wars...if you get stuck and want to reload you need the plentiful saves. I also set auto save to every year, though every six months might be better.
    Brycef
    Fighting battles one game at a time.

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by LancerX View Post
    As Columbia, when I add countries like Brazil, Chile, Argentina to my sphere, my economy tanks like crazy. I'll go from +30 to -100, and no matter how much I raise taxes, my income continues to plummet. What are some likely causes and how do I stabilize the situation?
    The only thing I can think of is that the new sphere nations have RGOs that go into your market and compete with the RGO resources in your country. This may decrease your tax base because the prices drop because all of a sudden, say coffee, becomes way more plentiful. Are you getting unemployment from your RGOs also? If so this might be the problem. Other than that I really can't hazard a guess why.
    Brycef

Victoria 2

To force promotion of soldier pops is it better to have high or low tax on the poor?
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus9 View Post
    To force promotion of soldier pops is it better to have high or low tax on the poor?
    High.

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    High.
    cheers
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

I started up a game as Oranje, and I have 0 Infamy and 200 Relations with Transvaal, and neither of us have allies, they refuse to ally with me. Is there some sort of reason for this, or are they just jerks?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all."
    -H. L. Mencken

"Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise."
    -Tommy Douglas

Victoria 2

Check and see if they they are in the UK sphere of influence. If that's the case then they probably won't ally with you. You'll have to ally with the UK instead. Sometimes if they have friendly relations with a GP they get be jerks too.
    Brycef

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by LancerX View Post
    It might be because you were used to importing a lot of goods from these countries and getting a lot of money in tariffs. Sphere countries don't get tariffs (this is technically a good thing because it makes your industries run at higher profit). If possible compare a save from before and a save after and see where the income changes. It could be in tariffs, it could also be in military/stockpile spending (if goods previously unavailable to you became available because your sphereling is selling them and you get first dibs). Those are the likely culprits. If it were what brycef suggested in an overabundance of resources that would probably be a slower transition, and would lead to faster industrialization as farmers head to the factories. Generally when this happens tax income increases as craftsmen often make more money than RGO workers.

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by KPJ View Post
    It might be because you were used to importing a lot of goods from these countries and getting a lot of money in tariffs. Sphere countries don't get tariffs (this is technically a good thing because it makes your industries run at higher profit). If possible compare a save from before and a save after and see where the income changes. It could be in tariffs, it could also be in military/stockpile spending (if goods previously unavailable to you became available because your sphereling is selling them and you get first dibs). Those are the likely culprits. If it were what brycef suggested in an overabundance of resources that would probably be a slower transition, and would lead to faster industrialization as farmers head to the factories. Generally when this happens tax income increases as craftsmen often make more money than RGO workers.
    That sounds more logical than what I proposed.
    Brycef

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    High.
    So high taxes promote more soldiers and craftsmen and lower clergy and bureacrats??

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

So high taxes promote more soldiers and craftsmen and lower clergy and bureacrats??
    By and large, yes.

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Here is my situation: I and my ally have a truce with country X. I DoW a nation which X is allied with. Now, X is allowed to "break" the truce and answer the call of my target, which is inconvenient but fine, however, my ally is not allowed into the war even though it has no truce with the target of the DoW? Does my ally know that X will answer the call? Does it wait to find out? My alliance is not broken, fwiw.
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Question about this province and it's lack of a port?

I'm just curious why this province in Italy does NOT have a port?

Anexing without War?

I'm curious if there is a way to Annex States that are one state, allied, and in your sphere?

I accidentally sphere Krakow as Germany and now I have alittle nation in the middle of my country and I cant get it out of my sphere to take it by force nor can I find a way to anex it otherwise?

Steady hand in uncertain times Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

No. And please consider using the quick questions/quick answer thread in future for these things.

500k club

Just to make sure: Are you certain you checked the "call allies" box as you sent the declaration of war?

what are the openings of RGO and SOI? I have googled for an hour but couldnt find. i know what they do, i just curious meaning of the words

500k club

Resource Gathering Operation and Sphere Of Influence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 307 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 44 69 94 119 ... LastLast