• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a mod that allows eventual annexation of sphered countries, i.e. diplomatic annexation? I have some ideas, but I want to know whether it's been done before. :p
I don't think so. However, there a diplo annex mechanic in Vanilla too. However it's centered around countries only consisting of cores of their spheremaster (that's basically what annexes Texas into the States.

Is there a mod that allows eventual annexation of sphered countries, i.e. diplomatic annexation? I have some ideas, but I want to know whether it's been done before. :p

Well it's actually already in the game for countries with your same culture group as primary or accepted.

Sorry, it seems you're low literacy (cosiderably below 40 average?).
In that case there's no easy way. The following is the easiest one I can think of:
Add the country flag 'forcejacobins' by event.
Open common/rebel_types.txt.
Search for Jacobins.
Look for their spawn_chance block.
Add the following to this block:
Code:
modifier = { factor = -1000 has_country_flag = forcejacobins NOT = { literacy = 40 } }
Do the same you tried already (you should get Jacobins now).
After the rebellion succeeded, just remove the flag again.

Hmm i couldnt get it to work, it may have been the way i went about it however, I just opened my savegame and put "forcejacobins=yes" under the flags for my country, and then put the block you wrote out for me into the rebel text. Do i have the start a new game for it to work? or make an event to give me the flag specifically?

Thanks for all the help by the way!

What happened to immigration in HOD? Been playing as Argentina, the year is 1861 and my pop is still less then 600,000. I am a GP and have been for the least ten years and a democracy for 12. I've no idea why immigration is so bad, but what annoys me really, is that the USA has been pushed out of GP permission for over years at a time and their pop has continued to grow as expected.

Will there be a post-mortem HOD dev diary? I've really enjoyed reading them in other games, giving insight as well as pointing the potential development of the game, patches...

How do you edit Accepted Cultures in a save game? Can only seem to locate primary ones.

edit: I figured it out after testing a few things, you have to search for the line "primary_culture=Your Nation's Primary Culture" and make sure that under this line is the figure "Prestige=x", where X equals your nations actual prestige.

When you find the correct line, add the line
culture=
{
"Culture You Want Accepted"
}
directly under the Primary Culture line.

Playing as Portugal, I just re-conquered Brazil and added their cultures as my accepted ones.

Last edited:
Pretty new to Vicky, but I noticed warnings about sphering uncivs too quickly in case it damages the economy. Basically question is when to do it? I want to sphere Egypt as newly formed German empire and build Suez canal, my industry is around 270 and still growing. should I try it or wait a bit longer while keeping other powers at bay?

What happened to immigration in HOD? Been playing as Argentina, the year is 1861 and my pop is still less then 600,000. I am a GP and have been for the least ten years and a democracy for 12. I've no idea why immigration is so bad, but what annoys me really, is that the USA has been pushed out of GP permission for over years at a time and their pop has continued to grow as expected.
It seems to me that unemployment in Europe is much lower in HoD than it was in AHD. Lower unemployment = less emigration from European countries = less immigration to American countries.... and there's a decent chance that the USA still has more reforms than you.

Pretty new to Vicky, but I noticed warnings about sphering uncivs too quickly in case it damages the economy. Basically question is when to do it? I want to sphere Egypt as newly formed German empire and build Suez canal, my industry is around 270 and still growing. should I try it or wait a bit longer while keeping other powers at bay?
Sphering Egypt as Germany won't do you any damage. It's mostly sphering China (or large Chinese substates in AHD) that hoses your economy (because they are huge, and the impact of their production entering your domestic market is similarly huge).

One of many nice things about HoD is that most of the Chinese substates can't be sphered (except possibly by Great Britain), because relative population now matters.

I've invested heavily in Columbia, the British satellite. However, all of the factories and railroads stay at 0% completion permanently...what gives?

On a related note, is there any hope of being able to get Columbia out of Britain's sphere? I've managed to get up to Friendly opinion and 200 relations, but even if I throw *all* of my influence at Columbia, the Brits can get 0.1 influence per day more than me. The AI plays it poorly, of course, but if they try to discredit me and such instead of banning me outright, I can never quite get to the necessary 100. The last time, they weren't influencing Columbia for a while and I got to 93 before they expelled me. I don't know how much of a difference my ~50k foreign investment is making.

I've invested heavily in Columbia, the British satellite. However, all of the factories and railroads stay at 0% completion permanently...what gives?

On a related note, is there any hope of being able to get Columbia out of Britain's sphere? I've managed to get up to Friendly opinion and 200 relations, but even if I throw *all* of my influence at Columbia, the Brits can get 0.1 influence per day more than me. The AI plays it poorly, of course, but if they try to discredit me and such instead of banning me outright, I can never quite get to the necessary 100. The last time, they weren't influencing Columbia for a while and I got to 93 before they expelled me. I don't know how much of a difference my ~50k foreign investment is making.

Investment doesn't give you a bonus, only a penalty to UK, and if UK has no investment there anyways 1K is as good as 50. As a dominion, UK has a nearly insurmountable bonus to influence.

Investment doesn't give you a bonus, only a penalty to UK, and if UK has no investment there anyways 1K is as good as 50. As a dominion, UK has a nearly insurmountable bonus to influence.

So...basically I can either wait until I get lucky because they're occupied elsewhere, or wait for them to release Canada (and lose the neighbor bonus)?

AHD question. I'm playing Siam and got the UK's relations up to 200, but their influence with me has stalled at 22.5 Cordial. Why is this?

They've stopped trying to influence you. Getting high relations will give them more influence points on you, but only while they are investing in you.

I'm having a lot of trouble since HoD with Jingoism. In both games as Germany or Krakow, I am waging war on a grand scale but never ever did my war exaustion raised as much at 1%. This fact only is kinda of weird... I know I micromanage my troops very well but I would expect at least a little war exhaustion... Back to Jingoism, so I'm wining wars on all side, reducing GP to rubble, expanding the empire with minimum loss and Jingoism never raised. I have to sit and wait on the front line for 1 year to pass to get past those 6.99%. Then I add ONE SINGLE F**** CB and it goes back to 3%... Come on, the war is already won, 1 year have passed with Russia under 100% warscore and I can not even take 3 provinces from them ?

I've tried launching élection after élections but appart 10% jingoism who raise almost nothing, it did not help much.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?