• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why isn't Hunt Rebels working!?

If a unit is too far away, or thinks an enemy is too strong, it won't pursue. Without more information, I can't tell you what else is might be.

Is it possible to queue up research? I want to be able to set up queue of what to research first, second, and so on.

No, unfortunately.

Is it worth turning Satellite states into part of my nation? And is there a way of doing it more efficient than releasing them, lowering relations and maufacturing a CB for conquest?

Is it worth turning Satellite states into part of my nation?
Maybe.
And is there a way of doing it more efficient than releasing them, lowering relations and maufacturing a CB for conquest?
As far as I know, there's only a more efficient way if you're a GP, they're in your culture group, and you are your culture group's union state.

How are cores created? In my Peru game I have conquered a lot of Territory of my Culture group, but I am not getting cores.

Does it have to do with GP status or if territory is Colonial or not? (All territory has become States)

In all my other games (especially Spain and Netherlands) I get Spammed by Core event.

Just picked up the game on the weekend.

A couple of issues that don't seem to gel with the AAR's I have read.

1) How do I get unciv states to become states, I use the bureaucrat NF and yet I can not get my culture to move there to get the numbers up. Is there a good guide online?

2) Is it possible to steal a country from another sphere, as Two Sicilies I can not get any Italian minor from France or Austria. They ban hammer me constantly, do I have to go to war?

Just picked up the game on the weekend.

A couple of issues that don't seem to gel with the AAR's I have read.

1) How do I get unciv states to become states, I use the bureaucrat NF and yet I can not get my culture to move there to get the numbers up. Is there a good guide online?

2) Is it possible to steal a country from another sphere, as Two Sicilies I can not get any Italian minor from France or Austria. They ban hammer me constantly, do I have to go to war?

1)Wait till you see a colony has at least 5% of your culture and some of them are bureaucrats. 0,01% is enough. 0% isn't. Then use the bureaucrat NF and wait. If the colony population is several hundred thousand it may take decades of NF.

If your population is small, or your capital is in the Americas, or you acquire them after 1870, most colonies outside the Americas will never be in a position to be turned into states.

2) You can do it either way if you are prepared to take the time to exploit the way the dumb AI uses its influence, or if you are prepared to take the time to exploit the way the dumb AI uses its troops. Just setting your influence sliders and leaving them isn't going to work unless you have a massive advantage over the AI but if you keep juggling them according to how the AI responds you can lever virtually anything out of any AI's sphere. The basic tactics are to get it to use its influence on other AIs, and get it to use influence on discredits. The big weakness of the AI is that it will never spend influence on you unless you are actively influencing. Grabbing the last country out of an AI's sphere is difficult, but as long as you can keep switching threats between targets the AI cares about, its fairly easy to run rings round it.

1)Wait till you see a colony has at least 5% of your culture and some of them are bureaucrats. 0,01% is enough. 0% isn't. Then use the bureaucrat NF and wait. If the colony population is several hundred thousand it may take decades of NF.

If your population is small, or your capital is in the Americas, or you acquire them after 1870, most colonies outside the Americas will never be in a position to be turned into states.

2) You can do it either way if you are prepared to take the time to exploit the way the dumb AI uses its influence, or if you are prepared to take the time to exploit the way the dumb AI uses its troops. Just setting your influence sliders and leaving them isn't going to work unless you have a massive advantage over the AI but if you keep juggling them according to how the AI responds you can lever virtually anything out of any AI's sphere. The basic tactics are to get it to use its influence on other AIs, and get it to use influence on discredits. The big weakness of the AI is that it will never spend influence on you unless you are actively influencing. Grabbing the last country out of an AI's sphere is difficult, but as long as you can keep switching threats between targets the AI cares about, its fairly easy to run rings round it.

I thought you had to have 1% of the POPs in the region as bureaucrats of a accepted/primary culture.

I thought you had to have 1% of the POPs in the region as bureaucrats of a accepted/primary culture.

Yes, and to get that you have to have some of your primary/accepted people be in the colony (about 5% seems fine) and promote bureaucrats to reach the 1% - it's highly improbable that all of your accepted culture colonial residents will be bureaucrats (hence 5 not 1%) and if you start promoting earlier you'll get a tonne of unaccepted bureaucrats which is a waste!

Thanks for the advice.

Is there a good way to get your culture pop's to move? In Vic I I found my culture would never move and I don't think I ever got a state to fire.

Same here I had Tunisa from 1837 and 60 years later I still had no real Southern Italian culture there, I have tried the immigration NF, but does that cause people to immigrate in or force those in the province to leave?

Couple of questions:

1: How do i go about reducing my minimal liferate or w/e it is so i can colonise? Playing sweden and ive got it down to 20 but cant see any more inventions to get it down further, which considering African coastal provinces require either 15 or 10 means i cant colonise.
2: How to get more influence as a great power to add spheres ect?

1: How do i go about reducing my minimal liferate or w/e it is so i can colonise? Playing sweden and ive got it down to 20 but cant see any more inventions to get it down further, which considering African coastal provinces require either 15 or 10 means i cant colonise.
Having all of Prophylaxis against Malaria (-5; discovered a random time after you develop Medicine, which is in the rightmost column of the Industry tree), Machine Guns (-10; second column of Army tree, 1870 min. date), and Nationalism & Imperialism (-10; fourth column of Culture tree, 1850 min. date) will reduce your minimum life rating to 10.

2: How to get more influence as a great power to add spheres ect?
Commerce tree, fourth column.

Edit: If you mean "how do I use my influence", you go to the diplomacy screen and click on the little boxes in the "Prio" column of the country you want to focus your influence on.

Having all of Prophylaxis against Malaria (-5; discovered a random time after you develop Medicine, which is in the rightmost column of the Industry tree), Machine Guns (-10; second column of Army tree, 1870 min. date), and Nationalism & Imperialism (-10; fourth column of Culture tree, 1850 min. date) will reduce your minimum life rating to 10.

Yeh i was missing Machine guns which luckily i had my save at 1870s so was able to get a headstart at colonising...though Great Britain and France soon followed with a MUCH quicker colonising pace.

Commerce tree, fourth column.

Edit: If you mean "how do I use my influence", you go to the diplomacy screen and click on the little boxes in the "Prio" column of the country you want to focus your influence on.

Both are helpful, cheers ^-^

Thanks for the advice.

Is there a good way to get your culture pop's to move? In Vic I I found my culture would never move and I don't think I ever got a state to fire.

Same here I had Tunisa from 1837 and 60 years later I still had no real Southern Italian culture there, I have tried the immigration NF, but does that cause people to immigrate in or force those in the province to leave?

The NF only influences which destination migrating pops choose. e.g. if you had 10 leaving Sicily with 5 going to Suez and 5 to Tunis, and put the immigration NF on Tunis, you might change that to 4 going to Suez and 6 to Tunis but it wouldn't change how many left.

To get more than 10 leaving Sicily you have to change conditions for the worse in Sicily. Let unemployment build up, that sort of thing.

Yeh i was missing Machine guns which luckily i had my save at 1870s so was able to get a headstart at colonising...though Great Britain and France soon followed with a MUCH quicker colonising pace.
Stand a brigade of troops somewhere in each state you are colonizing to get a bonus to the colonization rate.

BTW no matter what i do Krakow wont get annexed aren't they suppose to_Oh and i destroyed France i got most of France while Spain and Switzerland have the rest Switzerland is a great power France is ranked 43 lol and me and Switzerland Spain and me went to war with Russia and Italy which got destroyed i toke the rest of Poland and Italy lost north Italy and the lower eastern side to Spain.But it revolted turned into two sicilies then Italy re toke it.But my greatest achievement UK only has London left in England I was in 15 great wars with them all resulting in the defeat of France Russia Italy and UK by me Scandinavia Spain ottoman empire USA and japan.All of them have been trapped in 5 revolts Russia went communist reactionary then ancho liberal UK is fascist Italy is democracy France is monarchy.Now only one problem and this is the big question USA they token Canada annexed Mexico colonized half of Africa civil war dident even fire and have parts of china there industry just overtake mine and the military has quadrupled. I guess the 15 great wars i started with them in it made them overpowered they are beating up UK every 4 years France and Russia. The UK Russia Italy and France are giving me 15k a day in war reparations so they cant even defend there navy 3000....... I also occupied china for like 10 years so USA's pop is 70 mil from regular USA pop alone

Last edited:
A pretty hefty btw. Never colonize without some soldiers there (unless, you're fighting a war there, you'll never need more than one brigade, no difference).

It's always amusing to cockblock someone else who's colonising. I'll start counter colonising and drop a brigade of cav there. I win 99% of the time.

If I'm playing Hannover, what is the best way to remain free from/rival/beat Prussia in the short and long run? Ideally I'd want to take minor states around me like Oldenburg and Hannover, but they're all protected by big bad Prussia.