• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, since this is not in the files (afaik), and not published in the manuals, nobody really knows.
Huh. I was not aware of that. Very well, then. :)

I'll ask another question, which should be much easier to answer: What's the best way to push your nation into an ideological revolt? Got any tips?

Huh. I was not aware of that. Very well, then. :)

I'll ask another question, which should be much easier to answer: What's the best way to push your nation into an ideological revolt? Got any tips?
Well, first of all, there should be some people with that ideology.
Then it's up to you to create militancy - by bankrupting factories (tons of unemployed workers), pushing the taxes to maximum, loosing wars and so on.
Simply by doing anything which creates militancy (upon events, decide for the lower strata, or the bigger region).

Also: If you're a Monarchy, install a government the people you want to revolt hate.

Tiuz, thanks for all the help regarding supply. I was completely ignorant about that :) Completely changes the way I play the game. And I was already doing kind of okay, but at least now I won't have as many surprising defeats on the battlefield :)

Thanks,

Tom

I'm using Argentina, which is a presidential dictatorship. If I would like a different form of government, what do I do? I thought I saw someone say that if the rebels hold your capital for one year then they become the new government. Is that right? Are there any negatives – outside of the year in rebellion – towards this development? Do you lose prestige? What happens to your relationships with other countries? Treaties?

Thanks

Well, first of all, there should be some people with that ideology.
Then it's up to you to create militancy - by bankrupting factories (tons of unemployed workers), pushing the taxes to maximum, loosing wars and so on.
Simply by doing anything which creates militancy (upon events, decide for the lower strata, or the bigger region).
So it's as simple as that? Then I've been doing the right thing. :)

I'm using Argentina, which is a presidential dictatorship. If I would like a different form of government, what do I do? I thought I saw someone say that if the rebels hold your capital for one year then they become the new government. Is that right?
They enforce their demands. If they're party rebels (Jacobins, civilized Reactionaries, Anarcho-Liberals, or Communists), this enforces their preferred form of government (complete with their preferred set of political reforms).

Here's a simple one how do i sell and buy stuff on the global market...i move the slider and confirm the transaction but then nothing happens
Well, on the global market, first No1 in overall ranking buys all stuff it needs then No2 and so on.
So if you're quite low in rank, and trying to buy something in undersupply, well then there's simply nothing left when it's your turn.
Otherwise you're probably trying to buy some goods not available currently (eg oil, rubber and derivated products).

How essential is the House Divided DLC? Is it an optional thing I should pick up if I enjoy Vic II, or is it essential to make the game...work as per HoI3 (I exagerrate, but you get the idea)

How essential is the House Divided DLC? Is it an optional thing I should pick up if I enjoy Vic II, or is it essential to make the game...work as per HoI3 (I exagerrate, but you get the idea)

While vanilla works well on it's own (with some quirks and oddities) AHD is simply a stellar expansion that adds so much to the game, that it really is a must if you enjoy Vicky 2. By no means does that mean that vanilla's broken, AHD is just so much better. And with AHD you'll be able to enjoy the upcoming HoD expansion, which seems to be another leap in quality.

If you decide to stay with vanilla though, I'd recommend you check out the mod section.

Depends how much of a warmonger you are. If you want to fight a serious war after about 1900, its essential. The engine can't cope with the number of units that are around in the late game without AHD and sometime in the late 19th/early 20th century it becomes unplayable due to the degree to which army operations slow down.

The social and economic model is dumbed down in AHD. Again, you'll probably like this if you are a warmonger, because you can get away with setting sliders in 1835 and forgetting them till 1935. If you aren't a warmonger you won't play much past 1900 in AHD either, because you'll be bored with the lack of effective social and economic choices you have.

If you don't get AHD, you should get 1.4. There's a lot of balancing that never made it into an official release and it runs a whole lot better and removes a whole lot of bugs that are in 1.3 (even AHD has never fixed some of the bugs that were fixed in 1.4).

If you make a country your puppet is there any way you can eventually annex the country? I have created a couple of puppets in the game I am playing right now and even if I reduce relations into the negative I never see an option to justify war or declare war.

Also, what are the benefits to making a country a puppet? I assume it cannot attack you and I know you get a prestige bonus, but is there anything else?

If you make a country your puppet is there any way you can eventually annex the country? I have created a couple of puppets in the game I am playing right now and even if I reduce relations into the negative I never see an option to justify war or declare war.

Also, what are the benefits to making a country a puppet? I assume it cannot attack you and I know you get a prestige bonus, but is there anything else?

Nope; no way to annex a puppet. Those are the major benefits to having a puppet (the ones you mention.)

Nope; no way to annex a puppet. Those are the major benefits to having a puppet (the ones you mention.)

Also, if I'm not mistaken. you gain a major influence bonus to your puppets, so if you're a GP your puppets will soon be in your SoI and they'll be very hard to wrestle out of your control.

And with AHD you'll be able to enjoy the upcoming HoD expansion, which seems to be another leap in quality.

This is the reason I'm definitely going to get it eventually. I'm a HoI and CK player, and I picked up Vic in one of the many steam sales and never had the time to learn it. I figured with the upcoming HoD expansion, I'd put the time into learning the game, so I can purchase/enjoy that on release. So I just needed to know if it was essential this second or whether I can learn the basics on the vanilla game and hope for a cheeky Steam sale between now and the HoD release ;)

Thanks for the answers, I'll just pick it up, got paid on Thursday anyway

Playing as Germany, 1905, PDM mod. In order to clean my borders I declared war on Italia, and what should have been a small engagement quickly turned in the First World War: Germany+USA+Heavenly Kingdom vs UK+Russia+Italia+Portugal+Belgium. Every Great Power but France. Since USA wont use their 1k navy and 1k brigade even to rape Canada (UK dominion) and since Heavenly Kingdom, well, sucks, I did all the fighting in a tense 5 hours micro management. After a full year of bitter fighting, Russia had lost nearly a million men while Italia's army was left to 64k men trapped in Sicilia. Then I finally took control of Rome and... "PEACE". My first reaction was. WTF ?! There is a blue Lombardia (USA) and none of my 3 wargoals were acquired. I reload bitterly as 1st January save, 6 month early, and yes, USA was the war leader and had added 2 stupids wargoals ie Lombardia and someplace in Portugal. I felt utterly smacked in the ballz by a train, my long, dear Germany game had became disatrous. I tag switched to USA and saw that with only my 3 wargoals and 5 x full capitulation Italia would accept the peace. So I did something I hated and still hate: yesmen and force peace. So here are 2 questions:

- Why the hell does USA became war leader since I started the war and I called em as allies. I was 1st GP, 1st in every aspect but military score ?
- Should I feel like a cheaty monkey for this yesmen ? This game isnt the same anymore since I know I've done that terrible thing to force the peace...

- Why the hell does USA became war leader since I started the war and I called em as allies. I was 1st GP, 1st in every aspect but military score ?
Warleader is determined by military score.
- Should I feel like a cheaty monkey for this yesmen ? This game isnt the same anymore since I know I've done that terrible thing to force the peace...
Well, since this is a Single Player game, it's basically up to you.
For me this is OK. While a GP might be able to force such a type of peace upon some minors, the ability to peace for majors, is some sort of gamey or buggy itself.
Correcting something grossly unrealistic the game produces by using cheats moderately is OK for me, while it is not for others. It's basically up to you.