• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is up with the Anarcho-Liberals they revolt every 5 years right after an Election......Even if Anarcho-Liberals and Liberals WIN the Election!

I am playing Spain.....Again! Used some of the things I learned in last couple games. Unfortunately After about 3rd chance to Political Reform(about 1845).....I am never allowed to do any more reforms. My Population is about 60% Conservative so Upper House is mostly conservative.

Or Should I allow the Rebellion to win? I am happy with HM's Government......and would give more political reforms and Abolish Slavery but I am never able to.

Also I am always getting Liberal Event in Upper House.....?

I am getting pissed with this Horrid Whack-a-Mole......Its not letting me get on with anything interesting like Foreign Wars.(I need to fix some borders)Also my Army Keeps losing brigades everytime these guys revolt.

Mini-RANT!

How do I fix it?

For a start, check your armies and fidn all the ones associated with rebels. Bring them up in the pop tab, see what their 'issues' are, then try to resolve those.

Secondly, look through your politics tabs, check out rebel movements and strength and size, start by focusing on the largest group, and return to your pop tab and see what their general 'issue' is. If you are playing Vic 2 without AHD , I do seem to remember especially jacobin rebels being quite a problem.

In Spain, you do have the Carlistas rebels particular to spain..either beat them down, appease them or let them win. It's all choice really.

I don't think all pops who have luxury goods should be demanding suffrage or whatever. There was no major suffrage movement in 19th century Japan, and the only serious revolts in Japan(the February 26 Event for example,) were based around empowering the emperor beyond all normal means.

If you propose peace to Mexico, the war is ended. Hence, you need to speak to war leader and get your goals admitted. You could maybe add a wargoal on the US, then speak to mexico, and then see if the US will accept a white peace. Go for something light, like humiliate or something for less infamy.

You misunderstand. In this game I am Mexico

Is there a message setting that makes thr game pop up and stop when someone intervene against you in a war you are fighting?
I can't find it and usually I notice being at war with a GP when my provinces start to be occupied.

Is there a message setting that makes thr game pop up and stop when someone intervene against you in a war you are fighting?
I can't find it and usually I notice being at war with a GP when my provinces start to be occupied.

There certainly is. I think under the diplomacy tab in the message settings at least two settings along the lines of "When a nation intervenes in a war on our side/the side of our enemies"

How can you reduce your infamy? I see that it appears affected by the consciousness of my people. How do I produce favorable effects in these areas?

Its the other way round. High infamy causes increased CON.

Stay at peace. Give away territory. Lose a Great War. Or just embrace the infamy and stomp the world.

Not being at war, signing the Geneva Convention (a one time -1 to infamy, not sure if it's worth it). Some events might reduce your infamy, too, but i am hard pressed to remember if there really are any.

Having low relations with neighbours/other nations can produce free CBs for no infamy gain. Puppeting/Sphereing/Freeing Peoples might be favourable wargoals opposed to acquire state/conquest/protectorate/demand concession as they cost less infamy and grant access or easen access to that countries' resources (except pops).

Having a military score that scares all other GPs makes them not declare Wars of Containment when over the infamy limit. Having a military score that scares most other GPs and being above 100 relations with those GPs that are not impressed also helps, but the not so impressed GPs might just start decreasing relations if they really are not that impressed.

EDIT: Narf, emu'd and corrected ... kudos Arch Mede

Its the other way round. High infamy causes increased CON.

Stay at peace. Give away territory. Lose a Great War. Or just embrace the infamy and stomp the world.

Yeah, I've only been playing a few weeks. I have exclusively used Mexico :) I don't mind going very aggressive early to try to get more territory – usually in South America – to have a proper Empire. But of course, along the way I build up a great deal of infamy :) I'm currently at 72 and it's only 1863 :) However, I have also just achieved Great Power status and held off the British in 2 wars of containment. I want to enter into a period of peace and have a strong enough military to defend my existing borders. So I would like to lower my infamy as much as possible to prevent unwanted wars of containment from the local great powers.

I'm probably going to try a different country soon. Maybe Chile or Central America. I like the idea of trying Central America and invading Mexico when they are fighting the Americans. It might be a better way for me to accomplish a strong empire with a small country. It sure would be nice to have that Mexican buffer between me and the Americans, although it might just make America get superstrong even more quickly.

What is the best way to liberalize my population? My Con and Mil are around 1 each. My population is mostly Conservative. (Anarcho-Liberals show to be 1% of population, but spawn 60 Brigade rebellions every 5 years)

I want to do some minor reforms: Abolish Slavery, Universal Suffrage, Maybe Woman's Suffrage. Abolishing Slavery would go far to placating the rebel pops.

I am Spain in the mid 1880's.

What is the best way to liberalize my population? My Con and Mil are around 1 each. My population is mostly Conservative. (Anarcho-Liberals show to be 1% of population, but spawn 60 Brigade rebellions every 5 years)

I want to do some minor reforms: Abolish Slavery, Universal Suffrage, Maybe Woman's Suffrage. Abolishing Slavery would go far to placating the rebel pops.

I am Spain in the mid 1880's.

With AHD, suppress a couple of movements; that should help you get you over the hump when they come back with more CON and MIL.

Yeah, I've only been playing a few weeks. I have exclusively used Mexico :) I don't mind going very aggressive early to try to get more territory – usually in South America – to have a proper Empire. But of course, along the way I build up a great deal of infamy :) I'm currently at 72 and it's only 1863 :) However, I have also just achieved Great Power status and held off the British in 2 wars of containment. I want to enter into a period of peace and have a strong enough military to defend my existing borders. So I would like to lower my infamy as much as possible to prevent unwanted wars of containment from the local great powers.

I'm probably going to try a different country soon. Maybe Chile or Central America. I like the idea of trying Central America and invading Mexico when they are fighting the Americans. It might be a better way for me to accomplish a strong empire with a small country. It sure would be nice to have that Mexican buffer between me and the Americans, although it might just make America get superstrong even more quickly.

Containment Wars (Bad Boy) start at 25 Infamy. Every GP will start Jumping you. I got to 26 as Netherlands and French, Russians, and a couple of other minors declared on me.

So I don't suppose there's any chance of HoD bringing an interface improvement allowing you to rename brigades and ships in-game?

Hi all, playing my first AHD game and I have a few questions about stockpile expenses.

It's 1896 and I'm involved in a war with Russia over Shumusu and my mil-score is about 800 (4th) mostly because I have around 500 cruisers. The military stockpile costs are fairly expensive at about 20k.

Under peace my military score drops to about 400, and my military costs to 15k. If I switch government from Conservative to Social-Demo Partij my military costs drop to 2k and my score to 37.

This places me, with my 228 divisions and 595 ships, in 25th place, slightly behind Switzerland with it's 14 divisions.

So is it normal that the mil-score of a pro-war party at war is > 2000% that of a pro-peace government at peace, given they have the same units? Does the AI use this mil-score in it's calculations on whether or not to perform a containment war on you?

EDIT: I'm playing as The Netherlands, usually I play as GB and am a bloodthirsty warmonger constantly at war, so possibly these effects have been the same in vanilla.

its now shown more in detail in tooltips what contributes to the different scores but roughly these things contribute:
1. possible regiments capped by 4x active regiments
2. 1 is modified by technology modifiers and supply use
3. ships are scored for capital ships by hull strength and gun power
4. leaders just get a flat scoring for each one, capped by active regiments (so if you dont have an army you dont get any points for leaders). their stats dont matter at all for military score.

I don't have the exact formula to hand, but in AHD it's based a lot more on your actual army size rather than pops. Leaders are also only worth 1 point, and their effect is capped by the number of raided brigades. E.g. if you have 30 leaders and 2 brigades you will only get 2 points from leaders.

Something along these lines.

Last edited:
Hi all, playing my first AHD game and I have a few questions about stockpile expenses.

It's 1896 and I'm involved in a war with Russia over Shumusu and my mil-score is about 800 (4th) mostly because I have around 500 cruisers. The military stockpile costs are fairly expensive at about 20k.

Under peace my military score drops to about 400, and my military costs to 15k. If I switch government from Conservative to Social-Demo Partij my military costs drop to 2k and my score to 37.

This places me, with my 228 divisions and 595 ships, in 25th place, slightly behind Switzerland with it's 14 divisions.

So is it normal that the mil-score of a pro-war party at war is > 2000% that of a pro-peace government at peace, given they have the same units? Does the AI use this mil-score in it's calculations on whether or not to perform a containment war on you?

EDIT: I'm playing as The Netherlands, usually I play as GB and am a bloodthirsty warmonger constantly at war, so possibly these effects have been the same in vanilla.

AHD changed the way MIL is calculated. This is normal for AHD.

Cruisers have never given any MIL. Cruisers for fighting ability, but you need dreadnoughts (or ironclads) for score.

I've started a few games and every time, the economy was broken at first, with a huge deficit due to the military and many artisans unemployed. Should I disband troops or cut their supplies (as Sweden 1836)? How long does it take for POPs to reach their normal income levels?