• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is there any way to end another countries soi from any country? i.e. i want to unify italy, but all regions are in austria's soi, how can I get rid of this?

Outside of declaring war with the "remove from sphere" cb, there is nothing besides being a Great power yourself, then pray that for some odd reason the AI won't ban your ambassador every year.

Outside of declaring war with the "remove from sphere" cb, there is nothing besides being a Great power yourself, then pray that for some odd reason the AI won't ban your ambassador every year.

I am a great power as Two Sicilies, and I want to take papal states into my soi, but I can not, because already in france's soi. is there a way to end this?

I am a great power as Two Sicilies, and I want to take papal states into my soi, but I can not, because already in france's soi. is there a way to end this?

You have to start influencing the countries you want, but as i said the AI will 99% of the time discredit you then kick you out so you can't influence them for a time. They protect their spheres. I have noticed that later in the game they are less likely to keep defending their italian minor spheres as often, but early game you basically have to take them by force. Get very good friends with Prussia or Russia, then wait for a good opportunity (say France is already at war with GB/Austria at war with France etc) you declare war, call your allies (if they are likely to join) then hope you win the war.

Research the Market Functionality in the commerce tech tree, it gives an added diplomatic influence. Papal States is notoriously hard to wrestle off the french though, as France has no other real allies besides maybe belgium and swtizerland that they seem to care too much about. They give up eventually if you have already got Piedmont of them. Seems to be a certain cut off date, not sure when they stop caring or when they start supporting the formation of Italy if that's the case.

My aristocrats and capitalists are 100% getting their life needs partly fulfilled. Tax is 45%, tariff is 10%. mid and poor classes are similar.

Most of them were getting luxury needs when tax and tariff is higher. what can be the reason for that?

My aristocrats and capitalists are 100% getting their life needs partly fulfilled. Tax is 45%, tariff is 10%. mid and poor classes are similar.

Most of them were getting luxury needs when tax and tariff is higher. what can be the reason for that?

As your adm eff rises so does the effectiveness of you tariff collection and every invention that fires increases the amount of goods a POP needs to satisfy demands.

Is there any or command or anything to fix migration? Indian Australia and 90% French Algeria bothers me.

I was making fuel before I was sphered, yes. I've had a lot of Dreadnoughts being built over several years now, and still not getting anything. I've tried removing those being built, and tampering with the trade, then trying to build them again but no success.

In the tradescreen it says that there are no changes in fuel inport even though I have manually set it to buy up a stockpile, and it doesn't work if I put it back to automate neither. But, it says that it is exporting like 200, and that sounds insane to me. Is it inporting, then exporting fuel?

Here's a screenie where I've tried to make all the fuel visible in each of the sections:
15pgvuw.jpg

It's even worse now. 18 available for my country but it doesn't wanna buy anything. Suddenly I managed to buy a little bit and it was enough to build one Dradnought, but then it stopped again. And it won't buy anything, even though I have 18 available.

What is the key combination to get units in different provinces to arrive to a destination simlutaneously? I keep thinking it is holding CTRL while rt-clicking but that doesn't seem to do it.

It's even worse now. 18 available for my country but it doesn't wanna buy anything. Suddenly I managed to buy a little bit and it was enough to build one Dradnought, but then it stopped again. And it won't buy anything, even though I have 18 available.
Have you ever tried to get that slider higher?
According to your screen you ordered to buy 2.5 fuel each day. However since your government need is also 2.5 fuel, you'll never get any stockpile with these settings. Basically you buy fuel, that gets immediately used by your existing dreadnoughts and never show up.

Hey guys, im playing brazil and i am in desperate need of help!

First time playing this, so this was my campaign:

I started and the AI was building factories cause of the policy, it built one Canned food factory, but i later changed the policy to state capitalism and started putting National focus to Craftsmen on my capital, while getting industry and commerce techs. i then built 2 Fabric factories, and after 10 years or so i changed the policy back to intervenionism, by this my economy was really sucking and was close to 0 but THEN i found out that the canned food factory subsidize was eating my economy, so i closed the factory and all was good. Then i invested in the AI projects, it built 1 Cement factory, 1 glass factory, and later on two Wine factories and 1 Regular cloth factory)

(So all my factories: 2 Fabric, 1 cement, 2 winery, 1 regular cloth, 1 glass, and 1 Canned food factory, all were up and running before the economy crash, EXCLUDING the canned food factory)

All while i was focusing on Craftsmen and subsidizing all my factories (besides the canned food one). All taxes are on maximum, and so are all expenditures on the right tab on Budget. Factory taxation is on 0. The AI is also constantly building Railroads in my provinces, LOTS of them. I had a really good run up to 1875 but my economy just crashed, i had made 240.42K, and now im losing 100 per day. When that started to happen i stoped the subsidize and eventually all my factories closed, that means i have tens of thousands of craftsmen unemployed, and i have no idea what to do. Im still losing money due to my National stockpile purchases (-126, which is bigger than my entire profit, +100).

I have no idea what to do, i was really looking forward to become a great power (Currently im rank 10, annexed Paraguay, Bolivia, Dutch guyana, Acre and Colombian amazonia, i got 4 armies of 21k troops, and have one colony on the western african coast, and making more 3, and Slavery was outlawed in 1855 or so), but now my industry points is 0 and im falling back!!!

Please help it is already 1875 and i dont want to end this game!!! I tried lowering the taxes to the rich to make them happy, but then i just start losing even more money (cause of less tax) and nothing really changes. I got a stock of 230.00k money now, so im not near bankrupt, and i can build all the new factory projects, but they will all go bankrupt again!

Last edited:
Have you ever tried to get that slider higher?
According to your screen you ordered to buy 2.5 fuel each day. However since your government need is also 2.5 fuel, you'll never get any stockpile with these settings. Basically you buy fuel, that gets immediately used by your existing dreadnoughts and never show up.

Yes of course, numerous times. Tried it so that it has just been within what's available, I've tried it higher, and even max. I've done those and tried to set national stockpile full too (it is actually full now) but it still says it won't but anything. For fun I tried it with timber, and it instantly bought up the stockpile and showed it, but with fuel there are no changes in the stockpile.

That's why it's so frustrating! lol

Hi guys,

Only bought Vic 2 and AHD yesterday and have been playing through as Brazil. Many faltering wars and economic huccups later and I'm finally starting to get my head around it.
The problem I have now is that for a couple of years unemployment was rediculously high and my budget collapsed until a huge rebellion of Ararcho-liberal folks came and took control.

I'm now very profitable and everythings back up and running, except that I cant change party or policies anymore (due to being a bourgeois dictatorship). How long does this last for, or do I need to let some other rebels win or what?
The only reason I mind is that their economic policy means I cant tax anyone more than 50% and I have no control over factories, which I'd quite like to get back.

Thanks

Sounds like you got sphered. (Or your tech has fallen behind too much. Or China westernised.)

You have to work out what will make a profit under your new overlord and build that instead. Try liquor.

Oh i didnt knew being sphered had any real consequence.... Yeah i was sphered by France, but i was allied with the UK (weird). I invaded Venezuela and captured half of it and won lots of prestige, so now i am rank 7 and a great power. And suddenly im gaining a little profit, still all my factories are bankrupt, i built some Furniture, Luxury furniture, and Lumber mill factories and they are gaining a little profit. But im subsidizing them.

What are good factories to build as Brazil? And why most of my goods produced by the factories arent being bought, does Port size interfere with that? I only have lvl 1 port, one in Rio de Janeiro and another in Recife.

And to explore the colony resources do i need a port connecting to them? And do i need factories to explore Coal and steel resources?

Oh i didnt knew being sphered had any real consequence.... Yeah i was sphered by France, but i was allied with the UK (weird). I invaded Venezuela and captured half of it and won lots of prestige, so now i am rank 7 and a great power. And suddenly im gaining a little profit, still all my factories are bankrupt, i built some Furniture, Luxury furniture, and Lumber mill factories and they are gaining a little profit. But im subsidizing them.

What are good factories to build as Brazil? And why most of my goods produced by the factories arent being bought, does Port size interfere with that? I only have lvl 1 port, one in Rio de Janeiro and another in Recife.

And to explore the colony resources do i need a port connecting to them? And do i need factories to explore Coal and steel resources?

Goods only get bought if there are people that want to buy them. Take a look at the trade screen. Look for where there is an excess of demand. If you are able to source the raw materials, then build the factories to make it. Furniture may work for Brazil, because you have the woods but if the rest of the world is too poor to afford luxuries, and France has spammed furniture factories, then you won't make a profit. You have to see what's in demand in your game.

Ports are irrelevant to the economy.

The only coal and steel provinces are those that you can see on the map. You can't discover any new ones.

Hey again, as a test I turned off autosave, and decreased my relationship with France till I finally managed to leave their sphere. This sparked a huge war with France and their allies having around 6000 military power, whilst I had around 500, so obsviously this isn't a scenario I would want. BUT it did make me get all the fuel I wanted. So I found the problem.
The new problem is:
Is there any way of getting out of France's sphere without decreasing relations and leaving?
Like, make someone else remove me from their sphere, or something? I don't really see France turning secondary power a real possibility.

Hey again, as a test I turned off autosave, and decreased my relationship with France till I finally managed to leave their sphere. This sparked a huge war with France and their allies having around 6000 military power, whilst I had around 500, so obsviously this isn't a scenario I would want. BUT it did make me get all the fuel I wanted. So I found the problem.
The new problem is:
Is there any way of getting out of France's sphere without decreasing relations and leaving?
Like, make someone else remove me from their sphere, or something? I don't really see France turning secondary power a real possibility.
Well, either you go cheating, get GP or find something else.
Theoretically, if you can get some other GP to battle with France about you.
What I'd do: get some friends in your region (allies), and attack France for let's say Ste Pierre and Miquelon - A war you can win even before France really realizes what you're doing. After that war, you've a five year truce with France, also meaning they couldn't influence you. That's a point where you should look on what France wants to get from you - if that's pretty small, immediately agree to peace on their terms.